Judah is one and done | Syracusefan.com

Judah is one and done

M

Manleymen

Everything points to Judah having a spectacular individual year. He has the moves (like Jagger), shooting ability and knack to get to the basket at will. Add to that his ability to often come up big defensively - I just don't see him sticking around. He is "the man" despite Glens Falls Joe trying to be the same. The offense revolves around Judah not one dimensional Joe. And it's not close. Enjoy Judah while we can.

He reminds me of Ja Morant… obligatory “he’s not nearly as good as him” disclaimer here.

Morant is more explosive and stronger than Mintz, but what was Morant like as a freshman? Without a jumper and showing more playmaking ability, I don’t see Mintz as a first rounder… he will spend some time in the d league if he jumped this year but at least he would be getting paid. He would be a great NIL investment from a certain friend of HCJB.

Everything points to Judah having a spectacular individual year. He has the moves (like Jagger), shooting ability and knack to get to the basket at will. Add to that his ability to often come up big defensively - I just don't see him sticking around. He is "the man" despite Glens Falls Joe trying to be the same. The offense revolves around Judah not one dimensional Joe. And it's not close. Enjoy Judah while we can.

Yep, the best thing we have going for us is the top end of the draft pushing guys back from the jump.

Wemby, Scoot and Amen

He’s played against two patriot, one colonial, and one A-10 league teams in five games, slow the breaks. St John’s made a simple adjustment and completely shut him down the second half.

too early to tell. I think at best he would be a 2nd rounder in 2023. If he stays and develops his 3 point shot then who knows. Can he stop anyone on defense would be the major question.

To me he would be a prime candidate for a good NIL deal, stay another year and then see if he can go first rounder. Small guards need to be able to shoot and or defend unless you have elite Westbrook/ Morant/ Fox type speed/ athleticism

He's an NBA talent though for sure with a bright future as long as he keeps progressing and certainly could see him leaving after this year if he continues to build as the season goes on. He will be judged on what he does versus other really good guards

Judah has an excellent jumper. They shut him down late by doing the complete opposite of sagging off of him. Right now he seems more comfortable with long to mid range twos instead of threes, but he absolutely has a nice jump shot. He was getting hounded every moment he was out there yesterday. Everything was contested. Since nobody else on the offense can beat there man and create open looks for others, we almost never see Mintz in a catch and shoot situation.

He’s an NBA talent but I’m going to wait and see how he does against better competition before I feel comfortable saying he’s a first rounder/is gone this year.

He’s definitely going to want to tighten that handle up if he’s going to play PG at the next level but you gotta love the creativity and body control he’s shown so far.

too early to tell. I think at best he would be a 2nd rounder in 2023. If he stays and develops his 3 point shot then who knows. Can he stop anyone on defense would be the major question.

To me he would be a prime candidate for a good NIL deal, stay another year and then see if he can go first rounder. Small guards need to be able to shoot and or defend unless you have elite Westbrook/ Morant/ Fox type speed/ athleticism

He's an NBA talent though for sure with a bright future as long as he keeps progressing and certainly could see him leaving after this year if he continues to build as the season goes on. He will be judged on what he does versus other really good guards

I think he can get into the first round right now. I do. But a second round bet is probably safer.

As I noted, I think Wemby, Scoot and Amen and a few others will give certain guys pause in declaring and staying in.

He stays two years and you'll see a dude that is an absolute beast in year two.

I would make the argument that Judah right now is looking more NBA ready than Buddy is (minus his fathers connections to get him into Detroit.). Given it is only his fifth game let's see how it pans out after 30 games.

I think he can get into the first round right now. I do. But a second round bet is probably safer.

As I noted, I think Wemby, Scoot and Amen and a few others will give certain guys pause in declaring and staying in.

He stays two years and you'll see a dude that is an absolute beast in year two.
I love Judah, but he really shouldn’t be worried about those guys either way. He’s not really competing with them for a pick. If other people bail on the draft because of those three being in it, that’s better for Judah.

I would make the argument that Judah right now is looking more NBA ready than Buddy is (minus his fathers connections to get him into Detroit.). Given it is only his fifth game let's see how it pans out after 30 games.
What NBA ready skill does Judah have right now? Buddy could shoot the lights out whether people here want to admit it or not.

I love Judah, but he really shouldn’t be worried about those guys either way. He’s not really competing with them for a pick. If other people bail on the draft because of those three being in it, that’s better for Judah.

Gave you a like, but I disagree.

Even tho he isn't competing for top 3 pick, I think it's going to give guys like Judah a pause because of the start of the "I might be able to get into that group of picks" will be.

There are some years where picks 5-20 are basically a crap shoot and who can show out and measure out near the draft.

I don't think that's the case this year. I think that group starts later.

No question Buddy can shoot. What if the shots aren't falling? He doesn't do anything else. He certainly can't guard anyone one on one. Judah has excellent first step / quickness and an excellent penatrator - Buddy is a catch and shoot. Judah can at least stay in front of his man and get back on defense against a fast break. Can't say the same for Buddy.

"Small guards need to be able to shoot and or defend unless you have elite Westbrook/ Morant/ Fox type speed/ athleticism"

The first half, he was so fast even the tv announcers used phrases like "that was a blur again" when describing him racing down the court. I've never seen an SU player demonstrate so much speed and control. It was like watching my kids play NBA2K.

"Small guards need to be able to shoot and or defend unless you have elite Westbrook/ Morant/ Fox type speed/ athleticism"

The first half, he was so fast even the tv announcers used phrases like "that was a blur again" when describing him racing down the court. I've never seen an SU player demonstrate so much speed and control. It was like watching my kids play NBA2K.

BTW, Westbrook, Morant and Fox doesn't have "elite" speed and athleticism, especially the first two, have extraterrestrial athleticism.

That is not the norm. That is above elite.

No question Buddy can shoot. What if the shots aren't falling? He doesn't do anything else. He certainly can't guard anyone one on one. Judah has excellent first step / quickness and an excellent penatrator - Buddy is a catch and shoot. Judah can at least stay in front of his man and get back on defense against a fast break. Can't say the same for Buddy.
We’re talking about the NBA, Buddy has that elite skill, even when failing in other areas. Judah needs to be more than excellent in certain areas as a point guard. I’m not saying he isn’t going to get there but he isn’t there right now, could he be at the end of the year? Maybe. Think of our other amazing guards who have been drafted high, MCW, Flynn, Waiters, and even outside the lottery, Ennis. Judah doesn’t do one thing right now better than any of them, it’s very premature talking NBA about him especially after we saw that he was completely taken out of the game after a great first half with minor and normal coaching adjustments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom