Junior Joseph, PA LB (Maybe) | Syracusefan.com

Junior Joseph, PA LB (Maybe)

CuseLegacy

OK recruiting news is slow so here is this fwiw.

Wilson High School (Pa.) linebacker Junior Joseph is two weeks away from the start of his senior season. With fall camp on the horizon, Joseph plans to commit early and end his recruitment, especially if a couple schools in the mix throw in an official verbal offer.

Junior Joseph(6’1”/230) is undoubtedly versatile on the football field. As a hybrid linebacker/ defensive end on defense and an h-back on offense, Joseph is looking forward to having a great senior season and benefitting from his hard work over the summer.
“This whole summer I’ve just been working on my footwork, rushing off the edge and using my speed,” Joseph said. “Also my handwork and trying to get the linemen off of you.”
Joseph’s offer list was initially tallied at five: Rutgers, Central Michigan, Kent State Old Dominion and Toledo. However, Rutgers recently dropped out of recruiting Joseph because of two other commitments from recruits.
No worry for Joseph, though. Along with his four offers, he believes two other schools will offer a scholarship his way very soon.
“I have been talking to Syracuse and Pitt a lot over the summer,” he said. “Pittsburghis willing to offer me after my first four games of the season once I show them my highlight tape and Syracuse is close to offering. Those are the two schools on the top of my list.”
Joseph says each school stands out for different reasons.
“Pitt is a big school and they moved from the Big East to the ACC so you’re playing better competition and I like that.”
“I like Syracuse because it’s in New York and I have family there so it’d be easier to see them and talk to them a lot.”
When it comes down to it, Joseph won’t be hesitant pulling the commitment trigger.
“If Pitt or Syracuse offers me at the beginning of my senior season I’ll commit to either one.”

Love DB players named Junior.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Wilson High School (Pa.) linebacker Junior Joseph is two weeks away from the start of his senior season. With fall camp on the horizon, Joseph plans to commit early and end his recruitment, especially if a couple schools in the mix throw in an official verbal offer.

Junior Joseph(6’1”/230) is undoubtedly versatile on the football field. As a hybrid linebacker/ defensive end on defense and an h-back on offense, Joseph is looking forward to having a great senior season and benefitting from his hard work over the summer.
“This whole summer I’ve just been working on my footwork, rushing off the edge and using my speed,” Joseph said. “Also my handwork and trying to get the linemen off of you.”
Joseph’s offer list was initially tallied at five: Rutgers, Central Michigan, Kent State Old Dominion and Toledo. However, Rutgers recently dropped out of recruiting Joseph because of two other commitments from recruits.
No worry for Joseph, though. Along with his four offers, he believes two other schools will offer a scholarship his way very soon.
“I have been talking to Syracuse and Pitt a lot over the summer,” he said. “Pittsburghis willing to offer me after my first four games of the season once I show them my highlight tape and Syracuse is close to offering. Those are the two schools on the top of my list.”
“Pitt is a big school and they moved from the Big East to the ACC so you’re playing better competition and I like that.”
“I like Syracuse because it’s in New York and I have family there so it’d be easier to see them and talk to them a lot.”
When it comes down to it, Joseph won’t be hesitant pulling the commitment trigger.
“If Pitt or Syracuse offers me at the beginning of my senior season I’ll commit to either one.”

For anyone curious Wilson HS is in West Lawn PA which is Reading.

Another data point. Guy down SU's board who is holding a Rutgers offer as a back up waiting for SU to offer

Progress.

Another data point. Guy down SU's board who is holding a Rutgers offer as a back up waiting for SU to offer

Progress.
Didn't it say that Rutgers pulled their offer because they had filled up on his position?

Didn't it say that Rutgers pulled their offer because they had filled up on his position?

It did say that but he had an Alist offer from them and the other kids beat him to the punch. If he'd committed to Rutgers first one of those other kids would've been out.

It did say that but he had an Alist offer from them and the other kids beat him to the punch. If he'd committed to Rutgers first one of those other kids would've been out.
Oh ok, I took it as a conditional offer, but you are far more knowledgable on this stuff than I. How do you feel about Flood's ability to identify talent?

Oh ok, I took it as a conditional offer, but you are far more knowledgable on this stuff than I. How do you feel about Flood's ability to identify talent?

I have no idea about Flood's recruiting ability. I think right now they're involved (or have) kids they identified a year ago with Schiano. The real test will be what they're doing next year and the following year. In the next two years it will be all Flood so then we can measure.

Expectations are also real high for Rutgers this year so if Flood doesn't win immediately things will fall apart.

I have no idea about Flood's recruiting ability. I think right now they're involved (or have) kids they identified a year ago with Schiano. The real test will be what they're doing next year and the following year. In the next two years it will be all Flood so then we can measure.

Expectations are also real high for Rutgers this year so if Flood doesn't win immediately things will fall apart.
At least thus far, it seems like Flood isn't following Schiano's M.O., i.e, waiting for the Syracuse staff to make an offer to some under the radar recruit, then swooping in with an offer of their own.

Yes and it's not just Rutgers. Keep reading this over and over again how some kids are waiting to commit, some very high profile, only to find someone else has already taken the spot. Seems that many schools will have their class filled early. Maybe not a good year to play the waiting game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom