Just my spin | Syracusefan.com

Just my spin

goofnoff

2nd String
As a 60 plus year fan of Syracuse sports, and sports in general, this is typically my favorite time of the year. That's followed closely by September.

I couldn't bring myself to watch SU's last five games. I'm hoping the Lacrosse team gets better. I cannot begin to get interested in the Tourney this year.

It's going to be a long wait until next November if the football program doesn't improve, and ditto for the Giants.

If you don't watch a team by choice are you really still that much of a fan? I mean i get it, if something brings you displeasure to the point that you cant enjoy it there is nothing wrong with closing the door on it. But just be ready when people call your fanhood out when things are good again.

Die hard Bills and Cuse hoops fan. As agonizing as its been at times I can not even fathom not watching.

While March certainly is less special without Cuse it's still something I will enjoy.

This isnt a shot at you OP. Just how I feel.

I said it was "just my spin". I never knock anyone else's idea of fun. Watching the team this year was painful. I can handle losing, God knows, but not bad basketball or bad lacrosse.
I hear what you are saying and rank right up with you in the 60 years as a fan. Yes it was painful at some times and I "wanted" to not watch games at the end but I watched everyone and damn glad I watched the last two.That was more the Syracuse basketball I love to watch. Gritty effort, coach tweaking the defense and exploding on offense. We had several ugly warts on this years team but it was more like the old Syracuse earlier this week. LGO!!

I watched every game, basically 85% of the minutes, with the exception of the Miami second half game 2 when I had a conflict (and thank god for that after I checked that play by play in the final minutes... what a collapse).

I live for this.

As a 60 plus year fan of Syracuse sports, and sports in general, this is typically my favorite time of the year. That's followed closely by September.

I couldn't bring myself to watch SU's last five games. I'm hoping the Lacrosse team gets better. I cannot begin to get interested in the Tourney this year.

It's going to be a long wait until next November if the football program doesn't improve, and ditto for the Giants.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and how you conduct your fandom is up to you-
But why are you calling it "spin"?

I bleed Orange. Have since i was 5. Ive watched pretty much every game possible. Many in person. The combination of bad coaching costing us a bowl and JBs poor management of this year's team has made for a brutal year. Still beats the Grob years and going through two sanctions.
On a positive note JW made the best of a tough situation and the football team has had a good off season.
We have a great staff leading Lax and hopefully JB gets back on track next season.

If you don't watch a team by choice are you really still that much of a fan? I mean i get it, if something brings you displeasure to the point that you cant enjoy it there is nothing wrong with closing the door on it. But just be ready when people call your fanhood out when things are good again.

Die hard Bills and Cuse hoops fan. As agonizing as its been at times I can not even fathom not watching.

While March certainly is less special without Cuse it's still something I will enjoy.

This isnt a shot at you OP. Just how I feel.
March is dead to me without Cuse.

I said it was "just my spin". I never knock anyone else's idea of fun. Watching the team this year was painful. I can handle losing, God knows, but not bad basketball or bad lacrosse.
You missed some damn good basketball the last couple games.

You missed some damn good basketball the last couple games.
Yes, the last couple of games provided some good basketball but also revealed how good this team could have been with better management. We saw from the Duke game that Benny if allowed to play through mistakes, can settle down and be productive. We saw that with Jesse out, Frank too can be productive and play a greater role in next year's team, and that Ajak can provide something. After watching Girard being unable to break a press and constantly dribbling the ball off his feet, that we have a more than capable point guard in Symir who can easily break a press, penetrate and provide easy shots for our shooters. We saw the potential of this team if only coach didn't stick with running his core guys into the ground playing 30 plus minutes or the entire game. Finally, the fact that Coach proudly proclaimed this being one of HIS best seasons, a losing season and one of the worst for SYRACUSE BASKETBALL, says that his only concern was putting a team on the floor to support his sons and maximize their minutes. Hopefully, next year will be his last and with the Boeheim boys gone, we might have a winning season and get back to the tournament.

Last edited:
Yes, the last couple of games provided some good basketball but also revealed how good this team could have been with better management. We saw from the Duke game that Benny if allowed to play through mistakes, can settle down and be productive. We saw that with Jesse out, Frank too can be productive and play a greater role in next year's team, and that Ajak can provide something. After watching Girard being unable to break a press and constantly dribbling the ball off his feet, that we have a more than capable point guard in Symir who can easily break a press, penetrate and provide easy shots for our shooters. We saw the potential of this team if only coach didn't stick with running his core guys into the ground playing 30 plus minutes or the entire game. Finally, the fact that Coach proudly proclaimed this being one of HIS best seasons, a losing season and one of the worst for SYRACUSE BASKETBALL, says that his only concern was putting a team on the floor to support his sons and maximize their minutes. Hopefully, next year will be his last and with the Boeheim boys gone, we might have a winning season and get back to the tournament.
I agree with nothing in this post.

He never said that and for you to infer it is trash, beyond disrespectful.

And while he/we may have learned a few things over the season, let's not play revisionist history.

If people don’t understand JB’s comments they really need to reflect upon their education and emotional intelligence. He didn’t say it was his most successful season. He didn’t say that it was his most satisfying season as a coach. He said it was the best season he ever had as a coach. Why? Because he got to coach his 2 son’s at the highest level in college basketball. That’s it.

Has nothing to do about what I asked and I didn’t ask you, but thanks for playing

Well he’s a better player and he can play pg. it’s a give and take. it’s not like putting Jesse at pg.

Just curious. Is that just when they dont make it or do you also shut down once they are eliminated when they do?
When they don’t make it. I watch every game while they are in it and even watch some after they get bounced. I never analyzed it but that’s always been the case since I was a kid.

From a ball handling and passing standpoint we’ll be a lot better at both PG and SG next year. Which means we should play better together.

This year was a team of mismatched parts.

Actually i remember football the best. We went to all the games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom