Just throwing this out there | Syracusefan.com

Just throwing this out there

tee1222

Starter
I get it.
We stank stunk stink (currently).
Should have won with the game plan I saw in the first half which was good passing, active on the defensive glass. Not in full on hoist it up mode. The end was brutal but we have all been here before with this roller coaster ride and Cuse hoops.

I am still fully supportive of the team. That is, every player, every member of the staff.

When these guys are down, they seem to rise above it more than not, whether or not we bash the players and coaches. Yet still. Something tells me they would rather hear of our support after a tough loss than how we normally do.

Go get em fellas. Still proud of you!

I get it.
Should have won with the game plan I saw in the first half which was good passing, active on the defensive glass. Not in full on hoist it up mode. The end was brutal but we have all been here before with this roller coaster ride and Cuse hoops.

I am still fully supportive of the team. That is, every player, every member of the staff.

When these guys are down, they seem to rise above it more than not, whether or not we bash the players and coaches. Yet still. Something tells me they would rather hear of our support after a tough loss than how we normally do.

Go get em fellas. Still proud of you!

Agreed - Not giving anyone a free pass but also not going to overreact about losing a Q2 game after almost three weeks off. It's a crazy year, basketball is no exception to that. Lots of opportunities ahead.

Agreed - Not giving anyone a free pass but also not going to overreact about losing a Q2 game after almost three weeks off. It's a crazy year, basketball is no exception to that. Lots of opportunities ahead.
just look around the ACC - supposed top dog Fla St smoked at home by UCF, duke lucky to escape yesterday at home to BC, UVA struggled mightily against a really bad Wake...

Now that's more like it! Whenever it seems all hope is lost, these guys surprise us. I also assume that although they still believe in themselves, I bet they even surprise themselves at times. Doug Henning would call it magic! I just call it us being us. :)

Not even that good in the second half.
That was one of the worst Orange losses EVER.
Not in terms of importance of the game, of course.
But the way it happened and against the level of opposition.

It's so aggravating that this is the first time I could even come back to this board since the game ended.

The important thing is that the team regroups and POUNDS the daylights out of G-town tomorrow.
There isn't a better way to take out the frustration.
Win and the season is a success.

I LOOOOAAAAATHE G-town!

GO ORANGE!!!!!

Not even that good in the second half.
That was one of the worst Orange losses EVER.
Not in terms of importance of the game, of course.
But the way it happened and against the level of opposition.

It's so aggravating that this is the first time I could even come back to this board since the game ended.

The important thing is that the team regroups and POUNDS the daylights out of G-town tomorrow.
There isn't a better way to take out the frustration.
Win and the season is a success.

I LOOOOAAAAATHE G-town!

GO ORANGE!!!!!
Yeah, early 18 pt leads rarely get blown in college and NBA basketball, 14 pt halftime leads never evaporate and 11 pt leads with 6 mins left are solid as a rock. With the best rebounder and inside presence sitting and a beanpole of a center unable to handle Pitt’s usual physicality. They’re not good, but they’re no scrubs - even without Champagnie.

It was bad no doubt, and JB clearly has slipped - the fire is gone. But the first bolded statement is too funny.

They had a bad half. It happens. This team is not like those from the recent past. They are a good team, and will be fine.

And let's not forget that one of the main reason we gave up 20 offensive boards is because we're missing our starting, senior center. When Sid is back, a lot of the issues people are discussing will magically disappear.

And let's not forget that one of the main reason we gave up 20 offensive boards is because we're missing our starting, senior center. When Sid is back, a lot of the issues people are discussing will magically disappear.
Sid's a Magic Magic Charm, he's magically delicious.

I won't go that far but it is obvious Sid being MIA does not help. The Pitt game was a disaster. The last 10 minutes of the game the team played as badly as I can ever remember a Syracuse team playing. Turnovers. No rebounding. Poor shot selection. Poor shooting even when open. Hopefully the team will not have a repeat of those 10 minutes the rest of the season. The good news, as stated, is that every team in the ACC has looked equally as bad at times this season. I don't think anyone can accurately predict at this point in time which teams will be at the top of the standings at the end of the season.

This reminded me of the Notre Dame loss in the Dome a few years ago. ND was down injured players, we frittered away a big lead and Fluger made a steal and layup at the buzzer.

I think all fans on this forum 1000% support the team, but that support does not preclude accountability.

Accountability starts with the Coach and filters down to each player. Poor coaching, poor shooting, porous D, are all bad. Lack of effort is the one inexcusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom