Just to Cheer You Up (All but NJ Taxpayers) | Syracusefan.com

Just to Cheer You Up (All but NJ Taxpayers)

I wonder if the 2010 deficit figure included Schiano's helicopter fees from the previous year?

Rutgers’ fans think they will be swimming in Big 10 cash. A lot of that money will be needed to simply balance the books. Just watch, once the rest of the university sees a surplus in the Athletic Department, the pendulum will swing the other way. The Big 10 money will be vultured to suppress other out of hand expenses at RU. This how NJ operates.

Great googly moogly.

I hope that what they have at this very moment is awesome, because ain't no upgrading a thing while they backfill that cosmic void.

binary-black-hole-eso-1600.jpg

"I can see us moving to budget neutrality in six years," university president Robert Barchi said last week.

Is that the biggest bunch of political speak you've ever hear? "Budget neutrality?" Really? How about. "We may not be able to actually balance the budget for six more freaking years!"

I also love that Nevada Las Vegas is the only school to outspend Buttgers in "subsidies." Of course, they did it all in nickels and quarters.

"I can see us moving to budget neutrality in six years," university president Robert Barchi said last week.

Is that the biggest bunch of political speak you've ever hear? "Budget neutrality?" Really? How about. "We may not be able to actually balance the budget for six more freaking years!"

I also love that Nevada Las Vegas is the only school to outspend Buttgers in "subsidies." Of course, they did it all in nickels and quarters.

Wishful thinking on his part as it assumes the BTN gets the coverage and rates they need. Even if he could, that would still leave the athletic in debt of more than $100MM, probably more. If I was a NJ resident, I be calling for the RU athletic department to pay back every cent plus interest.

Man. You guys are just plain obsessed with everything RUTGERS and New Jersey.

To see of you guys are still obsessed. Hence, my conjecture was proven correct.

Man. You guys are just plain obsessed with everything RUTGERS and New Jersey.
Why are you here? Shouldn't you be arguing with IU fans who will finish 7th in the division?

BTW, I read the article on the Nova Board...better go over and set them straight too! You see we actually are able to get games at MSG with opponents not named SJU.

"If a Rutgers AD budget falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

To see of you guys are still obsessed. Hence, my conjecture was proven correct.
Go troll Maryland's board, you can talk about poor financial management, bailouts, and being whipping boys for years to come (though they can compete a bit)

Why are you here? Shouldn't you be arguing with IU fans who will finish 7th?
I can't do too busy talking about basketball. Besides talking to OSU fans about football on how Rutgers will do.

I can't do too busy talking about basketball. Besides talking to OSU fans about football on how Rutgers will do.
tiger look up "patronizing" in the dictionary. Pretty soon that will come out. You realize you'll never be an equal?

Is the before or after you play Bumfolk State. Oh wait, you're letting that longstanding rivalry die, right? Buttgers' next big win out of conference will be their first.

That's a one sided conversation. Does tOSU even know that Rutgers plays football? Be sure to tell them you arranged to have the ESB lit up in Red once. Also, don't forget to list all of Rutger's major bowl wins, that will definitely impress them. Oh, and let's not forget all of the conference titles Rutgers has racked up, all 1/4 of a title.

And that's AFTER the money they will be getting from being in the B1G. Their athletic finances are more of a mess than Maryland's.

[qdon't ="HtownOrange, post: 641587, member: 622"]That's a one sided conversation. Does tOSU even know that Rutgers plays football? Be sure to tell them you arranged to have the ESB lit up in Red once. Also, don't forget to list all of Rutger's major bowl wins, that will definitely impress them. Oh, and let's not forget all of the conference titles Rutgers has racked up, all 1/4 of a title.[/quote]
I don't know. Its a 7 page thread though.

This from the article from a Rutgers' professor who knows a thing or two about economics:

He noted that the university still has not finalized its five-year plan for the athletic budget because there is so much uncertainty about future revenues and future expenses. Currently, Big Ten member schools get an average of $24 million in conference distributions, Killingsworth said. But, he said, joining the Big Ten also means leaving the Big East Conference and losing its distributions, which came to $9.8 million last year.
"So even if Rutgers could join the Big Ten immediately, avoid additional expenses, and get the full Big Ten payout, it would get a net increase in conference distributions of about $14 million," he said.
While he called that impressive, with a $28 million deficit, "the athletic program would still be a long way from self-sufficiency."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom