Just wanted to say I love this staff

Ish88888

All American
Not sure how we didn’t lose any position coaches after this season. These guys know they’re in a really good spot right now.
BC nobody knows them. They aren't allowed to talk to anyone;) i kid, i kid...well, for the most part:)

nzm136

All Conference
Syracuse

Mikel Jones - LB - IMG Academy, Bradenton FL *** O/D ALL AMERICAN***
(O) Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Iowa St, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, NC State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Purdue, Utah, WVU, FIU, Temple

Lee Kpogba - LB - Parkland HS, Winston Salem, NC
(O) Duke, Florida State, Indiana, Maryland, Purdue, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, East Carolina, Old Dominion

Jawhar Jordan - RB
(O) Arizona, Iowa St, Kansas, Louisville, Missouri, Oklahoma St, Rutgers, Texas, Fresno St, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico St, UMASS, UNLV

Andrew Tuazama - DE - North Carolina
(O) Florida St., Maryland, Miami (FL), Mississippi, Purdue, Rutgers, Tennessee, East Carolina

Courtney Jackson- WR - Gateway HS, Monroeville, PA
(O) Baylor, BC, Kentucky, Northwestern, West Virginia, Akron, Army, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Eastern Michigan, Memphis, Temple, Toledo

Adrian Cole - CB - Plantation HS, Plantation, FL
(O) Kansas, Kansas St, Maryland, Pitt, Rutgers, Bowling Green, Buffalo, FAU, FIU, Marshall, Toledo, UAB, UMASS, USF, Western Michigan

Cooper Dawson - DL - Hanahan HS, Hanahan, SC
(O) Clemson, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Virginia, UCLA, App. St., Army, Coastal Carolina, Colorado St, Navy, ODU, Tulane, UCF, USF

Anthony Red- OT - St. Thomas More HS, Oakdale, CT
(O) Buffalo, Temple, UMass

Cornelius Nunn - S - Miami Palmetto HS, Miami, FL O/D ALL AMERICAN*** (Decommit from Miami)
(O) Alabama, Auburn, BC, Baylor, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Miami, Nebraska, NC St, Oklahoma, Pitt, Tennessee, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Cincinnati, FAMU, FIU, FAU, Marshall, Southern Miss, UAB, UMass, USF

Jason Munoz - DL - St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale, FL (Decommit from Miami)
(O)Boston College, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Missouri, Pitt, Cincinnati, ECU, FAU,

Aman Greenwood - S/CB - St. John's HS, Washington, DC
(O) Boston College, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pitt, Rutgers, ECU, Temple

Darius Tisdale - OT - Lackawanna CC, Scranton, PA
(O) Arkansas, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU, Marshall

David Summers - QB - St. Joseph’s HS, Trumbull, CT - (Decommit from Maryland)
(O) Maryland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo

Garrett Williams - CB - Hickory Ridge HS, Harrisburg, NC
(O) Maryland, West Virginia, Air Force, App St., Army, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, Georgia Southern, James Madison

Joe Rondi- DT - Wayne Hills HS, Wayne, NJ
(O) Rutgers, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Kent St, Temple

Ishmael Goulbourne - DE - Dwyer HS, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
(O) Buffalo, Cincinnati, Georgia State, Tulane, UAB, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan

Luke Benson - TE - Central Bucks West HS, Doylestown, PA
(O) Army

Matthew K. Bergeron - OT - Cegep De Thetford, Quebec, Canada
(O) None. #2 ranked player in Canada. Camp offer.

Geoffrey Cantin-Arku - LB Cegep Garneau, Quebec, Canada
(O) None. #1 ranked player in Canada. Camp offer.
That gap is striking.

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
Now there’s a name.
I used to work for a guy named Art Dick. His daughter's name was Sunday Dick. There is also an entertainer named Bobby Dick in Glenn Falls who performs in the Lake George area

All4SU

Hall of Fame
Rating services also need to consider Adams and s Jackson as being in this class. (I know they played in the bowl game.) But they have never been included in any recruiting class ranking, and 2019 is their first full year to play. Just the inclusion of those two raises SU’s ranking substantially.

Cuse#1

Scout Team
Bringing in a quality QB and a 3* D-lineman this late in the process (on back to back days) is so huge. LGO!
I agree 100%! he is a great X and O guy, I love his scheme and the fact that it absolutely works. on top of all that he's a great charismatic and friendly person. Awesome to be around pretty much the opposite of Jim Boeheim LOL, just pretty much heard that Jim Boeheim not exactly the friendliest guy in the world LOL.
I wouldn't sleep on babers great ability to recruit as well. I mean out of all the P5 teams Syracuse has got to be one of the toughest places to recruit Talent because plain and simple, just a huge lack of talent in Upstate New York! I mean it really amazes me the huge upgrade in speed we got here especially in this class and where he is getting all these recruits, opening new doors in South Carolina and lots of hot spots in the south, I think we had a few guys out of Texas as well. I mean that is got to be very difficult to do but I think it's just his great personality, I think a lot of kids really want to play for this
guy. I know if I was a young kid I want to play for him. I hear him in interviews and puts a smile on my face. I was extremely happy when we gave him that extension and I'm hoping we paid him 4 million a year just to show him how appreciative the school administration is for what he's done and I really hope and would think that we should sell out every home game no matter who it is this upcoming season! now I know that's not going to happen, I think we should at least sell out the Clemson game, now if we can't do that there's a bigger problem! hope game day is going to be here to that day
if we have another season next year like we did this past year somebody's going to try to take him so they need to do whatever they got to do to keep him! I don't care if you have to pay him five million a year they better do it because now with the ACC Network they can afford to pay him even more money let's keep it going GO SU!!!

Last edited:
I think you're missing part of the point -- basing your opinion of our class upon paper-based prognostications is a mistake. It isn't "faith without evidence" anymore -- I've seen this coaching staff far exceed the last place predictions. I've seen the roster turned over from a talent, size, speed, and athleticism standpoint in just a few short years [and the roster isn't even optimized yet], and I've seen an improvement in our players' ability to compete with the elite teams in our conference. Those things are not going to evaporate in the off-season -- our coaching staff is building something formidable.

I don't know what next year's team's ceiling is -- time will tell -- but I am optimistic because the footprint is in place, the coaching staff has shown that they can identify talent that allows us to compete at the top of the conference, and because the offers of the players we are reeling in has improved.

The last thing any fan of the program should feel compelled to do is wring their hands over the state of recruiting relative to our peers. That's the point.
Ur right and they have a knack for finding kids before other schools do which puts us in play at least with them. Our rankings aren’t great yet but when they are we will be quit a formidable opponent. The other cool thing is with the talent we have these kids can sit 2 years and learn and lift and become studs when it’s their turn. We were still a fairly young team this year. I am optimistic with this class cause our two lower guys were camp offers and no other offer for them but they could end up as best players in this recruiting class. Upsides are incredible with this group.

Rating services also need to consider Adams and s Jackson as being in this class. (I know they played in the bowl game.) But they have never been included in any recruiting class ranking, and 2019 is their first full year to play. Just the inclusion of those two raises SU’s ranking substantially.
Both 4* s I believe.

RF2044

Living Legend
Ur right and they have a knack for finding kids before other schools do which puts us in play at least with them. Our rankings aren’t great yet but when they are we will be quit a formidable opponent. The other cool thing is with the talent we have these kids can sit 2 years and learn and lift and become studs when it’s their turn. We were still a fairly young team this year. I am optimistic with this class cause our two lower guys were camp offers and no other offer for them but they could end up as best players in this recruiting class. Upsides are incredible with this group.
Agree 100%. The factories recruit kids who are often ready to go out of the box. We recruit good athletes who need a year or two to catch up physically, to overcome inexperience, etc. -- at which point they are well positioned to compete.

The roster is far from optimized -- but the coaching staff has done an amazing job of improving the overall roster and depth [at most positional units] in a very short amount of time. I'm glad we aren't having to rush out frosh merely to fill the two-deep anymore. And the guys we DO play who are true frosh [like Cisco, Howard] that don't redshirt are guys who are actually capable of contributing, and not just filling a hole.

texascpa

Living Legend
I'm reminded that there was a lot of angst on this board when Babers came in and totally cleaned house and brought in his own people (incl. the S&C coach).
I know I wasn't one of them. I, for one, was glad to see Hicks gone. And, no, I don't care what some of the previous players had to say positively about Hicks.

I used to work for a guy named Art Dick. His daughter's name was Sunday Dick. There is also an entertainer named Bobby Dick in Glenn Falls who performs in the Lake George area
There is an engineering professor at Cornell named Dick Dick.

sufandu

All American
I had a teacher in high school whos last name was Stickles. The joke was that he names his daughter Tess.

IthacaMatt

Living Legend
As much as I am a fan of this lovefest, I will brace myself for possible setbacks next season. If we take a few steps back season, I hope you all keep the same energy we have now. Regardless of results next season, we definitely have the right coach and are headed in the right direction.
I think 8 or 9 games remains a realistic goal, and will be enough to cement our place for recruiting purposes. I think Tommy in year 2 is going to be a special season. We will have a lot of seniors up front on defense and a great secondary. We should have great skills players on offense and an experienced O line. I think that is going to be a big, big year.

Top Bottom