Just watched Clemson vs NC ST. replay... | Syracusefan.com

Just watched Clemson vs NC ST. replay...

Clemson’s pass rush looks nasty. Our Oline better eat their wheaties that day.

I watched about 10 minutes of the 1st half.
Announcers stating the Wolfpack runs a 3-3-5 defense (just like we do)like several other programs now.
I looked at their front 3...numbers 9...45...48. They weigh 290///295 and 305.
Just like we...nevermind.
my word...how many times do coaches have to come on here and try to explain that our 3-3-5 is different. Nah...lets keep rehashing it.

I watched about 10 minutes of the 1st half.
Announcers stating the Wolfpack runs a 3-3-5 defense (just like we do)like several other programs now.
I looked at their front 3...numbers 9...45...48. They weigh 290///295 and 305.
Just like we...nevermind.
Gibson came from WVU where he was the DC and they ran a 3-3-5. That 3-3-5 goes back to at least the days of Rich Rodriguez.

It is a very different scheme from a different set of coaches and has little in common with the version SU runs.

Really like how unique our defensive scheme is.

This year, I think the players have become familiar enough with it that Tony has rolled out a number of more complex features. They are going some confusion and chaos and I like it a lot.

Gibson came from WVU where he was the DC and they ran a 3-3-5. That 3-3-5 goes back to at least the days of Rich Rodriguez.

It is a very different scheme from a different set of coaches and has little in common with the version SU runs.

This year, I think the players have become familiar enough with it that Tony has rolled out a number of more complex features. They are going some confusion and chaos and I like it a lot.

Listen, Steve Linton could weigh 120 pounds, and Darton could Dirty Dancing lift him and lob him over the offensive line directly on to the QB.

Just like everyone else's 3-3-5.

7bc9d164-7ab3-4354-962b-2820b4f72d0d.gif

my word...how many times do coaches have to come on here and try to explain that our 3-3-5 is different. Nah...lets keep rehashing it.
Considering that the coaching staff is or was recruiting Pierce, Lora, Norman, Blanding, and Cissokho for the 2023 DL (whose reported HS weights are all in the 265-290 range), the OP point seems quite valid.

Considering that the coaching staff is or was recruiting Pierce, Lora, Norman, Blanding, and Cissokho for the 2023 DL (whose reported HS weights are all in the 265-290 range), the OP point seems quite valid.
What would their playing weights be for us?

My take from watching that game is that if we can block at all we can score on clemson and their offense is stoppable.. But can we block I dont know..

NC st is pretty physical and we have to not let them win 10 50/50 throws again which is the reason they have beaten us lately.

Correct. The WVU RichRod 3-3-5 required two giant dingleberries to be successful.

6a00d8341c730253ef00e54f3b5f678834-640wi.jpg

Of course they are going to pursue big and fast guys if they can get them. They also offered 20 DL prospects that are 250 or less. Including commits Perry and Smith who are 245 and 230.

Last edited:
We have discussed this at length in the past but here is an article that explains some of the differences.

Of course they are going to pursue big and fast guys if they can get them. They also offered 20 DL prospects that are 250 or less. Including commits Perry and Smith who are 245 and 230.
"if they can get them" - I believe this is exactly the point of the OP.

is Syracuse D line a little on the light side? Wow first I’ve seen that mentioned.

and when a team does have some success running the ball on us, the board will act as if it’s the first time in football history that is has ever happened.

I love beating a dead horse but this topic is right up there with the all timers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom