Just watched Spotlight, Martian and Bridge of Spies. | Syracusefan.com

Just watched Spotlight, Martian and Bridge of Spies.

Crusty

Living Legend
I thought Marian was a poor takeoff on a theme done as long ago as 1969 (Marooned). Astronauts stranded with heroic rescue. Meh.
As I mentioned in another thread, I thought Spotlight was very good, but not best picture worthy IMO.
Bridge of Spies was excellent. Over the years, Tom Hanks has convinced me that he is one of the great actors of my lifetime. Since I am a geezer, that is saying a lot!
I have not yet seen the other best picture nominees, but my leader in the clubhouse is Bridge of Spies

I thought Marian was a poor takeoff on a theme done as long ago as 1969 (Marooned). Astronauts stranded with heroic rescue. Meh.
As I mentioned in another thread, I thought Spotlight was very good, but not best picture worthy IMO.
Bridge of Spies was excellent. Over the years, Tom Hanks has convinced me that he is one of the great actors of my lifetime. Since I am a geezer, that is saying a lot!
I have not yet seen the other best picture nominees, but my leader in the clubhouse is Bridge of Spies
The Martian (the book) was a science geek's delight. In other words, I loved it. The Martian (the movie) was a decent adaptation, which in action stayed true to the book, but in details did not.

And as an aside, I am proud to be a member of a board that can reference Marooned. ;) Gregory Peck, David Janssen, Gene Hackman, et al. Underrated action/space film.

Edit: I tend to agree with you regarding Tom Hanks.

I thought Bridge of Spies was good but a little long. The Revenant would have been great if they cut 20 to 30 minutes, there were too many scenes drawn out that didn't have an impact on the storyline. DiCaprio definitely deserved the Oscar for it though.

Joy was horrible, the only good thing about that movie was Jennifer Lawrence.

I thought Bridge of Spies was good but a little long. The Revenant would have been great if they cut 20 to 30 minutes, there were too many scenes drawn out that didn't have an impact on the storyline. DiCaprio definitely deserved the Oscar for it though.

Joy was horrible, the only good thing about that movie was Jennifer Lawrence.

Agreed on Revenant. He was good, but I really had a hard time caring about any of the characters.

I thought Spotlight was outstanding and deserved the award as best picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom