Justice League | Syracusefan.com

Justice League

not sure what vision the DC guys have for these movies.. Batman was good for awhile and Wonder Woman was really good, but so many others are just awful.

There’s only one reason to go see this movie, and it’s called should’ve just made Wonder Woman 2.

I'm at the theatre now.

Let's see what the fuss is all about.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts
Didn't hate it, but I don't need to go see it again. Not a great movie by any means, pure popcorn flick.
The mixture of comedy and seriousness almost felt like it didn't fit.
Some character were put on back burner it felt like, and obv it would feel like that since only 2 characters got stand alone movies previously.
Aqua-man is still weird for me, the underwater stuff is cool but it just looks like he's holding his breath always.
The big bad seriously looked like a video game.
Some plot holes already brought up they did, Their best to make it make sense.

Some cool nods to other characters, won't spoil it.

The power level of the characters are off the charts.

Highlights flash just being a goofy dude, the Reunite of Lois and Clark and Martha, the flash back scene to wolfs first invasion was cool.

Lowlights. The literal darkness of the film at points, some cgi, the pace that all the character are brought together it feels just rushed, although there is meaning, just a lot going on I guess is what I'm trying to say.

That's all I got for now.

Goofy. Steppinwolf looked terrible and had the most generic and boring mission - destroy earth with superweapon and army of minions. The humor is unnatural and mostly falls flat. Most of the "jokes" are not so much clever lines, but consist of flash mumbling and acting awkward. The world seems small and cheap, especially the end scene where there is literally one family shown. There is no tension or stakes with the fight over the cubes (steppinwolf literally sneaks in behind them and takes a cube when their backs are turned fighting superman!). Everything felt like a cardboard cutout. Just odd.

But Batman is the worst part and not because of ben Affleck who might have been a good batman with a better story. His character is just not believable in this universe (which is amazing considering there is a fish man who drinks whiskey at the local swedish bar he sometimes visits...). I always considered batman to be in a more grounded and realistic world, as a vigilante running around in the shadows avenging his parents' death by fighting street criminals - not alongside demigods fighting space bugs and interdimensional alien things. His main weapons are a grappling hook and little boomerangs. And after superman returns, he pretty much singlehandedly kicks the bad guy's arse. What is the point of the justice league? Just use superman!

Wonder woman and the amzonian stuff are the only bright spots. Her and aquaman are the only ones with any charisma. Flash is annoying and neither he nor cyborg nor aquaman get any believable or satisfying introduction. They just kind of show up after batman decides he needs to put a team together after seeing three cubes on a wall. It's not like spiderman where the backstory and character is well known and you can just jump right in. Why would batman pick these kids to save the world? Did he even know that cyborg was cyborg and flash was flash? I didn't catch it if that was explained.

Basically, it's a mess trying to copy the formula of marvel/the avengers. They tried to go from a to c without step b. It was not that terrible though and i was never truly bored. It's like eating bad pizza. It is a completely forgettable action movie that would be entertaining to watch on a Sunday afternoon when you're slightly hung over and don't feel like changing it.

Goofy. Steppinwolf looked terrible and had the most generic and boring mission - destroy earth with superweapon and army of minions. The humor is unnatural and mostly falls flat. Most of the "jokes" are not so much clever lines, but consist of flash mumbling and acting awkward. The world seems small and cheap, especially the end scene where there is literally one family shown. There is no tension or stakes with the fight over the cubes (steppinwolf literally sneaks in behind them and takes a cube when their backs are turned fighting superman!). Everything felt like a cardboard cutout. Just odd.

But Batman is the worst part and not because of ben Affleck who might have been a good batman with a better story. His character is just not believable in this universe (which is amazing considering there is a fish man who drinks whiskey at the local swedish bar he sometimes visits...). I always considered batman to be in a more grounded and realistic world, as a vigilante running around in the shadows avenging his parents' death by fighting street criminals - not alongside demigods fighting space bugs and interdimensional alien things. His main weapons are a grappling hook and little boomerangs. And after superman returns, he pretty much singlehandedly kicks the bad guy's arse. What is the point of the justice league? Just use superman!

Wonder woman and the amzonian stuff are the only bright spots. Her and aquaman are the only ones with any charisma. Flash is annoying and neither he nor cyborg nor aquaman get any believable or satisfying introduction. They just kind of show up after batman decides he needs to put a team together after seeing three cubes on a wall. It's not like spiderman where the backstory and character is well known and you can just jump right in. Why would batman pick these kids to save the world? Did he even know that cyborg was cyborg and flash was flash? I didn't catch it if that was explained.

Basically, it's a mess trying to copy the formula of marvel/the avengers. They tried to go from a to c without step b. It was not that terrible though and i was never truly bored. It's like eating bad pizza. It is a completely forgettable action movie that would be entertaining to watch on a Sunday afternoon when you're slightly hung over and don't feel like changing it.

If you watched batman v superman they were shown to be meta humans, lex had info/video on them.

And also agree on superman, he just about single handidly defeated Wolfy, his power level is way too high.

What they do with darkseid will be interesting, since darkseid is one of the legit big bads of DC.

There’s only one reason to go see this movie, and it’s called should’ve just made Wonder Woman 2.
I think the issue is that Snyder has/had a Much gloomier take on the universe. And audiences are just not into 2 hours of cgi trope. I think Wheedon is much better to lead the franchise forward. They need to be lighter. Richard Donner style

Ok I saw it and am not as critical of it as others. Although I watched from eyes of 7 and two 6 year olds. So...

These movies are meant to be fun not critically acclaimed. Steppenwolf felt like he belonged in a transformer movie but otherwise it wasn’t bad. The one negative i have is that Cavill has no personality for Superman. Total dud.

IMO villians are what make or break these movies and Steppenwolf was just awful.

IMO villians are what make or break these movies and Steppenwolf was just awful.
I might be crazy but I’ve always felt that when JL gets away from human villains as opposed to outer space humans they struggle as opposed to avengers

I was entertained, but it was a disjointed movie.

Wonder Woman knows about the boxes. Aquaman does too. Cyborg knows about a box but doesn't understand the rest. Batman knows there's something weird involving boxes because when the demons die they leave a message about them(wut). Batman is the one that brings them together - even though basically everybody has more information than he does? Uhh...

Batman has a relationship with Amanda Waller as evidenced by Suicide Squad, which also has some super powered folk... they're not needed for this threat though. Uhh...

Also, Gal Gadot is beautiful, but I felt like they objectified her just a little bit and it kind of bothered me.

I think Wheedon is much better to lead the franchise forward. They need to be lighter. Richard Donner style
+1 for Donner - but that era isn’t coming back - same as players staying 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom