Coach Justin Lustig to Vandy | Syracusefan.com

Coach Justin Lustig to Vandy

Disappointing. Hopefully we didn’t get outspent

Happy 2020. That sucks.
Although this opens a spot for a good young WR coach who can hopefully upgrade the unit.
It's great to have a top tier ST unit but it's more important to have smart WRs who can hold on to the ball.

How can you blame him? 50/50 that this staff survives another season after losing 4 of last 5 years. He’s smart to guarantee himself job security for at least 2-3 years. Plus I am sure they easily outspent Syracuse.

He’d have been fine if Dino got fired next season. He’s well known as a good coach.

At first glance I thought they had coached together at Syracuse but they just missed each other. Is there another connection that I am missing?

Could be he was worried about the long-term stability of the staff. Big loss. Let's go get another recruiter.

Doubt it.

We aren't spending any more than we have to on the staff right now with everything going on. 12 months ago we probably match whatever he was offered.

He probably got more money and would prefer to live in Nashville vs Syracuse. Also might as well take a raise when he can get it as he's had NFL caliber punting/kicking his entire time here and that could change one bad year statistically and his stock drops drastically.

Too bad. You can't really practice special teams so replacing a coach like this with no drop off won't be easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom