Juwan Dowels transferring to WMU/New DB Coach IMG Academy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Dowels transferring to WMU/New DB Coach IMG Academy

There is a pool who didn't sign LOIs in the early period. And others who haven't committed. So mix of those, a possible flip or two then add a couple from the 5th year and JUCO column.

Early signing period starts Dec 20-22. Late signing starts Feb 7.

So was he told to move on or was this his decision?
His goodbye was more positive than the other two players who are leaving.
I thank Dowels for his 4 years at Syracuse.

I would expect at least 2-4 more transfers after these today. I am surprised they held on this long to be honest. I expected some of these players to leave when the coaching change happened...

Thank them for the heart and soul they gave to Syracuse and wisht them the best of luck where ever they end up.

So Frederick, Bradshaw, Carl Jones? Who else is at corner versus safety?

Are all these DBs leaving because they are smallish and don't fit the Tampa 2 profile and not likely to see the field much? Cordy is small too but he seems to remain a key piece. Cordy just can't seem to get any luck with injuries.

Is Barbers a new coach or something :)

He coaches the University of Syracuse.

Arguably the most surprising. Got significant playing time, of course due to injuries. Considering his troubles in the secondary, would he have played at Oklahoma had he gone there?

Maybe it was just me but Stritz looked bigger than I thought he was during the season. Would be great if he moved to DB. Also add in 6-2 Coley liking the size coming in.

Well, that's not an ideal place for him to land. Good luck to him.

I still expect us to beat WMU, but after the way we played against MTSU last year, a school with so many ties to us like WMU(particularly Dungey with his former mentor Lester) is dangerous, we can't screw it up like we did against MTSU. Hopefully we learned from that game, the other sideline is the enemy, dammit.

I still expect us to beat WMU, but after the way we played against MTSU last year, a school with so many ties to us like WMU(particularly Dungey with his former mentor Lester) is dangerous, we can't screw it up like we did against MTSU. Hopefully we learned from that game, the other sideline is the enemy, dammit.
Love love Babers. Period. But he’ll need to have learned from mtsu last year and handle the situation better. None I mean no hanging with the other coaches and players from the other team who spent time here in the pregame, on the field, etc.

Pure business trip til AFTER the game. Then hang out and connect. Don’t need the mind Frig and mind games, self driven and otherwise, this time around to potentially distract and take away focus. That cigar chomping a hole still grates me.

Congrats to Juwan. Glad he found a place where he can get some playing time and maybe some wins. He should do well at WMU.

Except for a day in September in CNY.

Good to know we do not block grad transfers. Well done. Best of luck to him and WMU except on 9/1 when we pound them by 35+
I don’t think you can block them. They graduated and are unrestricted free agents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom