Women's Lacrosse - K-Train | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse K-Train

Cuse4455

Starter
According to the Fanlax board Kayla had an Affair. Cheated on her husband with Coach Rehfuss... isn't that a fireable offense at Syracuse. What a joke this has all become

They seem like the most reliable poster on there lmao. ;)
Yeah. You’re right. It’s probably not true. Btw. She’s losing a third commit. I won’t tell you who because you wouldn’t believe me.

According to the Fanlax board Kayla had an Affair. Cheated on her husband with Coach Rehfuss... isn't that a fireable offense at Syracuse. What a joke this has all become
Disappointing, if true. I have been fully behind Kayla since day one but this gives me pause. Kind of wonder how much time went into sneaking around.

If there is another player to drop their commitment, you have to assume it’s the last Yellowjacket remaining, OConnor… Fingers crossed it’s not Ella Peers.

Geezum, humans are such an interesting species!...If this is true, can Kayla retain her job? Would this be a violation of some stated HR policy? I know it would be in some companies but who can tell what is allowed in academia these days...or maybe relationships between women constitute a special category, at least for academia?

It seems awfully suspicious that this stuff gets posted by a brand new account there and then AS decommits. I know there’s no love lost between KT and the elder Spallina…if what’s posted is true, then it’ll become public knowledge before long (if she gets divorced). She just got married to a former SU football player. If it was made up, then I think we know where to point fingers. Nothing would surprise me with the Spallinas.

I’m just going to avoid posting on this subject anymore until more info is available. To say I have concerns would be an understatement. This entire situation is spiraling or appears to be. Rehfuss is a practicing attorney as is several members of her family. My thoughts are with the current players who shouldn’t be subject to any of this

Wow. I hope that isn't true... because I don't even know a good/better candidate to replace her with that's going to get this program over the hump. Was hoping that Wildhack would give her another shot or at least one pass to redeem herself and this situation, and still hope that is the case. Hope all of these amazing recruits she has brought/bringing in don't leave en mass as a result either. Why does 'Cuse always gotta be so messy? UGH!

Why not keep it in-house?

I thinks she is a very good coach and I know she is well regarded by club coaches especially on Long Island. That said, you wonder if there would be a clean sweep after a mess like this one. I had heard last weekend that Coach Gebhardt was already out.

Sure an alum would be great but I think CDW has endeared herself to the Orange family that she would definitely be accepted, especially if Tumulo doesn’t want to leave West Point.

I would vote for Katie Rowan if Kayla is replaced....I am feeling sick to my stomach for all concerned.

If Katie is unavailable, I might roll the dice with Emily Hawryschuk- very young with limited coaching experience but I have heard really good things about her, smart, focused, well-liked, disciplined, currently coaching at Niagara (I think).

Last edited:
Joe Spallina? I kid, I kid. Too soon?
He is trying to stop a rumor going on right now about him going to Clemson. Contract up on a year. Perfect timing. Can’t see him being an assistant though. But who knows.

I would vote for Katie Rowan if Kayla is replaced...I am feeling sick to my stomach for all concerned.

If Katie is unavailable, I might roll the dice with Emily Hawryschuk- very young with limited coaching experience but I have heard really good things about her, smart, focused, well-liked, disciplined, currently coaching at Niagara (I think).
My pushback on Emily would be her age. We just hired a young up and comer. I think you change directions and hire more of a seasoned coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom