Kadary & Joe turnover concerns | Syracusefan.com

Kadary & Joe turnover concerns

Caboose

Scout Team
Joe had 4 in 29 minutes, Kadary 2 in 16. Kadary turnovers as they usually do, came in traffic in the paint as he penetrated. Joe's were primarily from getting his pocket picked in the open court. These are concerning to me (from our primary ball handlers) as we go up against a solid team like WVU. We will not blow everyone out like we did SDST, and an open court pick pocket for an easy layup or dunk and thus a 4-5 point swing can really hurt our chances late in games.

Another thing- Joe shot 3/8 from three. He seems to make the difficult threes but can't stick his wide open ones. These two things (turnovers and missing open threes more often than not), if he can somewhat fix them, will go a long way I'm seeing him become a force on the floor. Make your open threes Joe!

Joe had 4 in 29 minutes, Kadary 2 in 16. Kadary turnovers as they usually do, came in traffic in the paint as he penetrated. Joe's were primarily from getting his pocket picked in the open court. These are concerning to me (from our primary ball handlers) as we go up against a solid team like WVU. We will not blow everyone out like we did SDST, and an open court pick pocket for an easy layup or dunk and thus a 4-5 point swing can really hurt our chances late in games.

Another thing- Joe shot 3/8 from three. He seems to make the difficult threes but can't stick his wide open ones. These two things (turnovers and missing open threes more often than not), if he can somewhat fix them, will go a long way I'm seeing him become a force on the floor. Make your open threes Joe!
SDSU gets lots of steals and forces the other team to turn the ball over. That’s one of the ways they score points, similar to Cuse teams of old. They force something like 15 turnovers a game. Considering that was their strength, we weren’t too terrible yesterday. Cuse has mostly avoided turning the ball over a lot this season.

When West Virginia joined the Big 12, Huggy changed their style and used to run that Press Virginia 40 minutes of Hell full court pressure D. But I don’t think they’ve been doing that the past couple of years. I do think they apply a lot of on-ball pressure.

Watched 2nd half of WVU after the Cuse game. #4 McBride is going to be a problem.

I was glad that JB gave him an earful after getting his pocket picked again in the 2nd half. Joe tried to "explain it away", complaining to the ref that the defender caught him across the face.

JB wasn't hearing any of that. Get your body between the defender and the ball if he's quicker than you are.

Watched 2nd half of WVU after the Cuse game. #4 McBride is going to be a problem.

He will be tough but they also give up a lot of good looks on D and Huggy hasn't coached against the zone in a long time. This is the round where the zone typically does the best because they had one day to prep.

Joe ideally Is a catch and shoot .. or one dribble and shoot guy .. I’m not worried about Richmond

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom