Kadary

OrangeDW

Cmon. Kadary’s better
I checked out Devendorf’s podcast - the Paul Harris episode - and agree that it is worth a listen. The podcast is called “The Scorer’s Table with Eric Devendorf.” I found it on my podcast app (PocketCasts) and I suspect it’s available on all the major podcast apps.

Yeah, the Hopkins and GMac ones are good listens too. His podcast is right up this board’s alley.

Found it on Spotify. Looks like the very first episode was with Boeheim. Definitely gotta check that one out.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
If there was evidence Carey wasn’t the answer why didn’t we recruit an actual PG?
We recruited Goodine and Girard who aren’t PGs.

It’s amazing how we neglect positions in recruiting.
Girard was recruited to play PG. Go back in recruiting. Joe said SU wanted to see him play PG. After that, SU offered.

City of Cuse

2nd String
It was his 33rd game of his career. JG lowered his already bad shooting percentages and was the main reason the game was close.

Yes, hopefully we play players that aren’t so bad. Agreed.
I hate that I'm in the position of defending JG, but Ward, you're being a little hard on the Beaver. His freshman stats are on par with some really solid ACC guys, including Marcus Paige. Certainly there are places he can improve, especially defensively, but you guys are being a little unfair on a young guy playing a ton of minutes.

I also don't agree that he is the main reason the game was close. There was plenty of blame to go all around. When he was out of the game, Bryant was still scoring.

Again, I hope KR gets more action and pushes JG. To ask for this scenario during this past game with factors already discussed seems unreasonable.

Last edited:

MikeSU02

All American
I hate that I'm in the position of defending JG, but Ward, you're being a little hard in the Beaver. His freshman stats are on par with some really solid ACC guys, including Marcus Paige. Certainly there are places he can improve, especially defensively, but you guys are being a little unfair on a young guy playing a ton of minutes.

I also don't agree that he is the main reason the game was close. There was plenty of blame to go all around. When he was out of the game, Bryant was still scoring.

Again, I hope KR gets more action and pushes JG. To ask for this scenario during this past game with factors already discussed seems unreasonable.

We won't agree and that's fine. No biggie. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Again, the one thing I'll keep harping on besides the terrible offensive %s is that he is awful on defense.

There aren't too many other nooks and crannies to look under to find positives, so we better hope you're right and I'm wrong.

SUbear

All Conference
That was a respectable game for Girard? Ok, we’re done here.
Okay you disagree, explain to me who would have been better, because it certainly was not have been Kadary at this juncture of his carreer, maybe maybe not soon but not now.

orangefog

Voted "Best Looking Poster" 8 years in a row
Okay you disagree, explain to me who would have been better, because it certainly was not have been Kadary at this juncture of his carreer, maybe maybe not soon but not now.
Why not now?

SUbear

All Conference
Why not now?
In this game he was not good either offensively or defensively, but he is only a true frosh with no experience at the D1 level, so still hopeful for his future. The board always tends to overestimate the newcomers abilities before they actually prove their abilities on the court.
You may ask why I say he was not good, well he was out of position in the zone numerous times and he was passive on offense.

moqui

generational talent
P.S. - I'm a JG3 fan, so I hate to belittle him, but I think "The Beaver" would be a great nickname for him.
watching his ball dominant style in high school i wamted to call him teen wolf

now, there is a significant element of the fanbase that wants to call him jg the turd

MikeSU02

All American
sure you do

Nah, you're right. I sit at home, with all the time I have on my hands between work and two elementary-aged kids in a global pandemic, after being a Syracuse fan my whole life and growing up in upstate, sending in my season ticket money for both bball and fball before my housing money when I chose to go to Syracuse, and hope (and even pray) that Joe G throws up bad game after bad game and we do as bad as possible.

That is exactly what I do. I actually made a voodoo doll of him that I use to ensure that it is my actions from the upper west side of Manhattan and not JGIII's own abilities and choices that render his 35% career FG%.

But, please, carry on, if it makes you feel better.

OrangeDW

Cmon. Kadary’s better
We won't agree and that's fine. No biggie. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Again, the one thing I'll keep harping on besides the terrible offensive %s is that he is awful on defense.

There aren't too many other nooks and crannies to look under to find positives, so we better hope you're right and I'm wrong.

With such a young player, I think it makes sense to not just look at the stats but also what skills he has demonstrated, even if inconsistently.

He has shown signs that he can shoot, dribble, and pass. That means he’s capable of playing better and more consistently. IMO. Someone like, say, McCroskey...he was a bricklayer with no handle. There was no real hope the stats would improve because the skills weren’t there.

OrangeDW

Cmon. Kadary’s better

Kadary played better than Joe in the first half.

You’re trying too hard. Boeheim felt the need to explain for minutes why Girard played the whole half. He wasn’t even asked, I don’t think. He just talked about it.

He didn’t play Girard because he was playing better than Kadary. He played him because he “knew” he’d get going and hit a couple and was showing that he’s sticking with him and has confidence in him, basically. He said that. No need to twist things around for him. He already spoke on it.

Based on what he said, I think Boeheim knows Girard can be that GMac like killer down the stretch. Not saying he’s as good of a player, but he seems to also have the ability to suck all game but still have the confidence and ability to drill some big ones at the end. He also has the ability to explode and catch fire out of nowhere. Reading into it a bit, but I think Boeheim saw a good chance for Girard to further establish himself as that type of guy.

Last edited:

oTTo113445

Scout Team
Any team in the country would be thrilled to have the leading HS scorer in ny state history by over 1000 points. Even if he didn't play for 3 years. I'm much more worried about backup point at the moment.

This was a game and not an exhibition, and we won by one possession literally. Were probably not 9 deep and everybody is going to get their shot.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom