Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Jake

Mod
Saw on twitter we recently offered. Pass first PG. Really really like what I see. Duke also on him. New Hampshire kid.

A tad flashy, great vision, decent shot for a PG. if you watch him on YouTube, you'll see he has what I call the "Pearl crossover"- its a one handed crossover. Never thought I'd ever see a kid with that move again.

Lots to like here.

Saw on twitter we recently offered. Pass first PG. Really really like what I see. Duke also on him. New Hampshire kid.

A tad flashy, great vision, decent shot for a PG. if you watch him on YouTube, you'll see he has what I call the "Pearl crossover"- its a one handed crossover. Never thought I'd ever see a kid with that move again.

Lots to like here.

What class?

Edit: class of 2014

Lots to like here.

I love this kid's game and approach. A lot.

Does not seem like a Duke PG.

Funny, I literally just got done looking at him right before I came here and saw that we offered him.

Just did some Googling on him and found this (http://basketballrecruiting. /content.asp?CID=1467615):

Providence, RI - Kaleb Joseph asserted his talent at the National Prep School Invitational on Saturday, but many other recruits showed why they are among the elite in the nation.

http://vmedia./IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/KALEBJOSEPH_200_3_24.JPG
Kaleb Joseph was top notch on Saturday at Rhode Island College.
Joseph Just To Much

From no look passes to mid-range jump shots, the smooth approach on the court presented by 2014 6-foot-3 Cushing Academy (MA) point guard Kaleb Joseph on Saturday was proof of why he is one of the most coveted recruits in the nation.

The No. 61 player in the Rivals150 showed a flashy, but patient, approach on offense and made tough moves look very simplistic in quick ways. As his ability to create scoring opportunities for teammates, Joseph also scored in a variety of ways.

This has led to offers from Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Tennessee, Seton Hall, Providence, Boston College, Maryland, Kansas State and West Virginia. As new interest is coming in from Duke, Ohio State, Marquette, Miami and Florida State, Joseph has one visit in mind.

"I may visit Syracuse as early as this week since we are off," he told following his game. "If not, I want to visit in the spring, but I will also make it over to the Providence campus."

If Joseph can continue his tear, more high-major coaches will be calling him a "pro" just as some already have.

Lots to like here.

Thanks for posting. This kid is awesome. Pretty decent size it appears. Maybe 6'1-ish? I saw the crossovers you are eluding to. There is actually one person who did those since Pearl. Non-SU player. God Shammgod. One of the best handles I have ever seen on the college level.

Thanks for posting. This kid is awesome. Pretty decent size it appears. Maybe 6'1-ish? I saw the crossovers you are eluding to. There is actually one person who did those since Pearl. Non-SU player. God Shammgod. One of the best handles I have ever seen on the college level.
Ooooh, God Shammgod. Nice one. Sure, a Providence player, but he was very quick, crazy handle. Not to mention one of the best bball names ever.

Just did some Googling on him and found this (http://basketballrecruiting. /content.asp?CID=1467615):

Providence, RI - Kaleb Joseph asserted his talent at the National Prep School Invitational on Saturday, but many other recruits showed why they are among the elite in the nation.

KALEBJOSEPH_200_3_24.JPG

Kaleb Joseph was top notch on Saturday at Rhode Island College.
Joseph Just To Much

From no look passes to mid-range jump shots, the smooth approach on the court presented by 2014 6-foot-3 Cushing Academy (MA) point guard Kaleb Joseph on Saturday was proof of why he is one of the most coveted recruits in the nation.

The No. 61 player in the Rivals150 showed a flashy, but patient, approach on offense and made tough moves look very simplistic in quick ways. As his ability to create scoring opportunities for teammates, Joseph also scored in a variety of ways.

This has led to offers from Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Tennessee, Seton Hall, Providence, Boston College, Maryland, Kansas State and West Virginia. As new interest is coming in from Duke, Ohio State, Marquette, Miami and Florida State, Joseph has one visit in mind.

"I may visit Syracuse as early as this week since we are off," he told following his game. "If not, I want to visit in the spring, but I will also make it over to the Providence campus."

If Joseph can continue his tear, more high-major coaches will be calling him a "pro" just as some already have.

Get him to the dome for Georgetown

Love his game. Francis, is he a legit 6'3? As soon as I saw his video, I thought he looked like a top 20 type recruit. Coming out of New England, it would be nice to land him in the 2014 class. I think he and Ennis could be complimentary if necessary, would be great to have a 2nd guard on the roster with point guard skills. I think his skill level is equal to that of Whitehead, maybe a little better athlete, would have 18 months to fill out that thin frame.

Ok so I watched his game against Goodluck's team yesterday and here is my thoughts on both.

Joseph
18pts, 4ast, 1to, 1-3 3PT, 1-1FT, and played the whole game. Very complete and confident player. Very quick off the bounce and can create with ease for himself and others. Unstoppable once he gets into transition and has good body control when finishing in the lane. Knocked down a few mid-range shots and a three. His long range shot is kind of slow to get off, but that's something that can get fixed moving forward. I loved that he had no fear taking it to Goodluck, where he had an and-1 finish and then a dunk on him. Would've liked to see him be a little more active on D and his frame is kind of slight but he's still another year and change from college, so it's not really a big deal at this point. Joseph and Ennis in the backcourt will cause a lot of pain for those soft ACC teams.

Goodluck
4pts, 4rbs, 6blks(3 altered), 2ast, 4-8FT. Didn't start and wasn't much of a factor in the 1st half but that changed in the 2nd, where he would go on to have his own personal block party. Has great timing and feel for blocking a shot and does a good job not falling for fakes and committing silly fouls. The best thing about his blocks is that it can look like it'll hit the 5th row but somehow it always stays inbounds. Got several touches inside to score but was always fouled and went 4-8 from the line. Had other chances to score off of putbacks but his lack of strength was evident, as he had trouble finishing with contact. He would also randomly fall on the ground about 5 times in the paint, which was kind of funny. Even though he's not a creator on offense, an underrated aspect of his game is his passing skills. He showed the ability a few times to hit the open man with a sweet pass from the high post. Overall Goodluck definitely needs to get stronger and develop some offensive skills, but as far as having somebody anchor the middle of the zone blocking and altering shots then he would be a big asset for the orange.

FWIW both will play AAU together in the spring/summer.

Keep an eye on 2016 PG Mustapha Heron. Runs point for Goodluck's team and has a world of potential. 6'4/6'5 power guard who can score inside and from mid-range but the three-point shot needs work as he gets older. Good defender, who was the only person who could kind of stay in front of Joseph off of dribble penetration.

Love his game. Francis, is he a legit 6'3? As soon as I saw his video, I thought he looked like a top 20 type recruit. Coming out of New England, it would be nice to land him in the 2014 class. I think he and Ennis could be complimentary if necessary, would be great to have a 2nd guard on the roster with point guard skills. I think his skill level is equal to that of Whitehead, maybe a little better athlete, would have 18 months to fill out that thin frame.
I don't have his official measurements but should in the spring/summer when the summer camps take place. If I had to judge, I would say he's around 6'1-6'2 but that's just a guess.

Keep an eye on 2016 PG Mustapha Heron. Runs point for Goodluck's team and has a world of potential. 6'4/6'5 power guard who can score inside and from mid-range but the three-point shot needs work as he gets older. Good defender, who was the only person who could kind of stay in front of Joseph off of dribble penetration.

Wow, if he's that size as a frosh, who knows what he could turn into. Intriguing, indeed!

Ok so I watched his game against Goodluck's team yesterday and here is my thoughts on both.

Joseph
18pts, 4ast, 1to, 1-3 3PT, 1-1FT, and played the whole game. Very complete and confident player. Very quick off the bounce and can create with ease for himself and others. Unstoppable once he gets into transition and has good body control when finishing in the lane. Knocked down a few mid-range shots and a three. His long range shot is kind of slow to get off, but that's something that can get fixed moving forward. I loved that he had no fear taking it to Goodluck, where he had an and-1 finish and then a dunk on him. Would've liked to see him be a little more active on D and his frame is kind of slight but he's still another year and change from college, so it's not really a big deal at this point. Joseph and Ennis in the backcourt will cause a lot of pain for those soft ACC teams.

Goodluck
4pts, 4rbs, 6blks(3 altered), 2ast, 4-8FT. Didn't start and wasn't much of a factor in the 1st half but that changed in the 2nd, where he would go on to have his own personal block party. Has great timing and feel for blocking a shot and does a good job not falling for fakes and committing silly fouls. The best thing about his blocks is that it can look like it'll hit the 5th row but somehow it always stays inbounds. Got several touches inside to score but was always fouled and went 4-8 from the line. Had other chances to score off of putbacks but his lack of strength was evident, as he had trouble finishing with contact. He would also randomly fall on the ground about 5 times in the paint, which was kind of funny. Even though he's not a creator on offense, an underrated aspect of his game is his passing skills. He showed the ability a few times to hit the open man with a sweet pass from the high post. Overall Goodluck definitely needs to get stronger and develop some offensive skills, but as far as having somebody anchor the middle of the zone blocking and altering shots then he would be a big asset for the orange.

FWIW both will play AAU together in the spring/summer.

I would also like to add that the Cushing Academy team is very well coached and was one of the most impressive teams that I've seen on the HS level this season. Lots of ball movement, offensive sets, team defense, and communication. Coaching on the HS level could be questionable at times with teams looking like they practiced for a Rucker Park game instead of organize ball. So it was definitely a pleasure watching Joseph and his crew show what teamwork was about.

I really hope we get this kid. There is so much Dion in his game. AND check out his dribbling at the end of the video. Hopefully won't have to worry about that if he comes here.
The more I see of this kid the more I like, I want him in Orange. And no, not the prison Orange, the Syracuse Orange.

Thanks for the video. I'm a HUGE Joseph fan. He'd be a great pick up because he'd give us another great ball handler and true point guard. He could probably play alongside Ennis too.

I love having someone with moxie at the 1, period.

This kid seems to have it.
This team misses Dion and Scoop's swagger and confidence from the guard position. Brandon and Cooney are always down on themselves and MCW is always cursing at himself.

ugggh.. can we have him for next year.. pretty please. With that said what a combo it would be bringing him in alongside CM... its a couple years out but boy could 14-15 be special.

Lots to like here.
I agree, this kid will be the best pg in the class. Amazing talent. Hard to believe he is from New Hampshire.

I really hope we get this kid. There is so much Dion in his game. AND check out his dribbling at the end of the video. Hopefully won't have to worry about that if he comes here.
Yes please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom