Kansas/Adidas/FBI | Syracusefan.com

Kansas/Adidas/FBI

One that always bothered me was Josh Selby. With the connection to Herm Harried I thought we should have had a better shot with him, and it was like it was never in the cards. Haven't heard his name come up as having received a bag, but it wouldn't shock me.

None of this seems to be scaring off players - isn't their incoming class a couple of 5 and 4 stars?

One that always bothered me was Josh Selby. With the connection to Herm Harried I thought we should have had a better shot with him, and it was like it was never in the cards. Haven't heard his name come up as having received a bag, but it wouldn't shock me.
According to Waters, SU didn't want him. Selby said he was offered by SU, I asked Waters back then, and he said if he was offered, he would've accepted. Sounded like the staff backed off for some reason. Also this would be an example of a kid saying they got an offer, when they never did.

FBI might hammer some of these schools butthe crap storm that is the NCAA will give them a slap on the wrist and move on. They might even take more wins from JB.

Last edited:
According to Waters, SU didn't want him. Selby said he was offered by SU, I asked Waters back then, and he said if he was offered, he would've accepted. Sounded like the staff backed off for some reason. Also this would be an example of a kid saying they got an offer, when they never did.
Selby was a top 5 recruit. The idea that he would make up getting an offer from us is crazy to me. I think he probably had a group of people with him that Boeheim was wary of and since we had Scoop, Triche and Waiters coming in it wasn't a risk he was willing to take considering we were being investigated.

Selby was a top 5 recruit. The idea that he would make up getting an offer from us is crazy to me. I think he probably had a group of people with him that Boeheim was wary of and since we had Scoop, Triche and Waiters coming in it wasn't a risk he was willing to take considering we were being investigated.
To take it a step further, I emailed Evan Daniels after Waters told me that. I asked him, since he had Selby as having an SU offer on s...com. He said if Waters said that, that he himself would take that as the truth. I can't remember if he removed the SU offer off of the site. Who knows why 17 yr olds do or say things? Sounded to me like he wanted SU (at least early), and it wasn't mutual later in the process.

100% bag

JB really wanted Selby early on but there were a ton of red flags surrounding his recruitment and we backed off. His handlers were walking around with their hands out...
Considering his career NBA earnings amounted to $700k, I'm not going to say they were right to do that but...

Considering his career NBA earnings amounted to $700k, I'm not going to say they were right to do that but...

So what you're saying is he probably would have earned more if he had stayed at Kansas, notwithstanding how it might have impacted his draft position.

I know, I was just trying to make a joke with the JB wins thing

I like humor, and speaking of such, I wonder if Hop has these problems with recruiting that seem to plague us, or if he has his together?

We mi$$ed on both of these bigs that we offered scholarships to...
Subpoenas show feds asked KU for info regarding two players’ recruitment, enrollment
Not implying we put bags out there... just that they chose Kansas because they likely did.

Possibly my favorite post Ive seen in a VERY long time on here! I've been wishing for one of these blue bloods to get hammered. I'd love to see some of those crazy amount of of conference titles stripped!

It was a lot of reading, any chance you or someone is willing to summarize in layman's terms what's happening?

Wow so Kansas was a victim twice in the same recruiting class? Poor Bill Self, it sounds like he needs a lesson in "institutional control."
Yeah...when it says they were paid off without KU knowing...is that not the definition of institutional control? Isn't the school's(team/coaches) responsibility to know?

Don't lose sight of the fact that KU is charter member of the Blue Bloods. As such there will be a lot of smoke, hot air, and in the end no finding of guilt or punishment. (See UNC).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom