Kanye West - “Ye” | Syracusefan.com

Kanye West - “Ye”

longislandcuse

Living Legend
No matter what you think of the man... this album is incredible. I’m about to hide away in Wyoming if that’s what secluding yourself in Jackson Hole does to you.

Not for me. Sounds like a mess. I wish him the best with his issues though.

Black Thought/9th Wonder - Streams Of Thought is much more my speed.

I have never been able to enjoy any Kanye West album despite trying very hard to figure out why people are into his stuff. People I know and respect are obsessed with his music. I cannot figure it out. He is the most overrated and untalented artist in my opinion.

I have never been able to enjoy any Kanye West album despite trying very hard to figure out why people are into his stuff. People I know and respect are obsessed with his music. I cannot figure it out. He is the most overrated and untalented artist in my opinion.

I liked him a lot early on. I liked the sped up soul samples. Songs like Family Business and Spaceship were super relatable. I can’t relate to him anymore, and I don’t care for the sounds he’s gone for production wise for the most part since 2008.

I liked him a lot early on. I liked the sped up soul samples. Songs like Family Business and Spaceship were super relatable. I can’t relate to him anymore, and I don’t care for the sounds he’s gone for production wise for the most part since 2008.
It would seem you’d like some of these tracks then. Lots of Graduation/808 vibes. Ghost Town is phenomenal.

It would seem you’d like some of these tracks then. Lots of Graduation/808 vibes. Ghost Town is phenomenal.

Off one listen I liked track 4(forget the name) and Violent Crimes. Ghost Town was ok.

My initial negative reaction might be off disliking the first 3 songs, and I don’t see any of those growing on me or me bothering to listen to them again.

808’s really didn’t do it for me.

I liked Graduation, but not as much as the first two albums.

Edit: it’s track 5 that I like - “No Mistakes”. Track 4 “Wouldn’t Leave” was the first song I kinda liked. But No Mistakes and Violent Crimes are the two I really liked.

Last edited:
Off one listen I liked track 4(forget the name) and Violent Crimes. Ghost Town was ok.

My initial negative reaction might be off disliking the first 3 songs, and I don’t see any of those growing on me or me bothering to listen to them again.

808’s really didn’t do it for me.

I liked Graduation, but not as much as the first two albums.
Gotcha. I loved Yeezus so the first two tracks were straight fire as far as I’m concerned. I definitely get that some people aren’t into that style.

Gotcha. I loved Yeezus so the first two tracks were straight fire as far as I’m concerned. I definitely get that some people aren’t into that style.

I hated Yeezus, lol.

Bound 2 was the only song I really liked on there though a couple others grew on me a bit.

Kids See Ghosts just dropped. A couple weird experimental songs that may or may not grow on me but 5/7 songs are absolute fire. “Reborn” and “Cudi Montage” are super important tracks for anyone struggling with mental disorders.

OrangeDW What did you think of Daytona? I loved “Hard Piano” and “What Would Meek Do”

Kids See Ghosts just dropped. A couple weird experimental songs that may or may not grow on me but 5/7 songs are absolute fire. “Reborn” and “Cudi Montage” are super important tracks for anyone struggling with mental disorders.

OrangeDW What did you think of Daytona? I loved “Hard Piano” and “What Would Meek Do”

Haven’t heard it yet, but plan to. And I’m actually liking this short album or EP trend. Makes it easier to keep up. A lot of the recent albums I’ve wanted to hear have been really short: Kanye, Black Thought, Phonte, Curren$y, Pusha, off the top of my head.

Reborn and Feel The Love are two of the best songs ive ever heard.

Feel the Love sounds like an annoying 8 year old singing into a fan to me. Shrug.

I do really like Reborn though.

Feel the Love has immediately moved to #1 on my cardio playlist. I’m sure you either love it or hate it.

Reborn and Kids See Ghosts were my two favs on the album.

Kanye’s verse on Cudi Montage is phenomenal and the beat/sample on 4th Dimension... damnnn.

Nas’ new album produced by Kanye now streaming on Apple Music. I know what I’ll be listening to today.

Damnnnn...

Last edited:
Nas’ new album produced by Kanye now streaming on Apple Music. I know what I’ll be listening to today.

Damnnnn...

Listened just now. Adam and Eve is great the rest sounds little redundant beat wise. Nas is still top 3 though

I’m surprised by how freaking short it is for all the hype

I’m surprised by how freaking short it is for all the hype
All the Kanye projects are 7 songs and like 20-25 minutes.

Daytona, Ye, Kids See Ghosts and Nasir. I think he’s also doing one for Teyana Taylor this summer.

All the Kanye projects are 7 songs and like 20-25 minutes.

Daytona, Ye, Kids See Ghosts and Nasir. I think he’s also doing one for Teyana Taylor this summer.
Yea I know that’s the new trend. Just with all the buildup or whatever and the release party I was, probably mistakenly, expecting something bigger.Got to give it another listen once sobered up

Yea I know that’s the new trend. Just with all the buildup or whatever and the release party I was, probably mistakenly, expecting something bigger.Got to give it another listen once sobered up
I don’t love it tbh. I’d rather they be called EP’s than albums. I made an Apple Playlist with the 4 Kanye produced albums so I guess all of them together equals a full album. Hopefully Drake doesnt follows suit and drop a 7 track Scorpion album.

I don’t love it tbh. I’d rather they be called EP’s than albums. I made an Apple Playlist with the 4 Kanye produced albums so I guess all of them together equals a full album. Hopefully Drake doesnt follows suit and drop a 7 track Scorpion album.
Off topic suggestion. Cop pookie baby by prof. My new favorite white boy emcee.
Productions tight and his flow is fun

Off topic suggestion. Cop pookie baby by prof. My new favorite white boy emcee.
Productions tight and his flow is fun
Interesting... I’ll have to see if he grows on me. Some of the more under the radar artists I’ve been listening to are NF, Joyner Lucas and Dave East. NF is criminally slept on imo.

Damnnnn...

The Slick Rick sample is distracting and annoying. Reminds me of Common’s “Testify”. Wish they would’ve kept that vocal sample to during the intro and hook only. When Nas is rapping, shut that mess off.

still wondering when will be the first time I ever hear a Kanye song? Are they even on the radio?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom