Kanye West - “Ye” | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Kanye West - “Ye”

Went through it once yesterday, I'll have to do it again. First impression was, it was aiight. I did notice the theme of a featured singer on each track, and I've only heard of one of them, not that it means anything.

I’ve gone through the whole thing twice, and some of songs many more times than that. Loving “No Bad Energy”, “The Art Of It”, Queens Wolf, Queensbridge Politics, and Beautiful Life the most right now. Both of the RZA tracks are nice too.

But I feel like there’s everything here: some storytelling, some creativity (Queens Wolf, Jarreau of Rap), Nas flow sounds good on most of them(unlike the Kanye album last year, lots of soulful music, strong production, etc.

I’ve gone through the whole thing twice, and some of songs many more times than that. Loving “No Bad Energy”, “The Art Of It”, Queens Wolf, Queensbridge Politics, and Beautiful Life the most right now. Both of the RZA tracks are nice too.

But I feel like there’s everything here: some storytelling, some creativity (Queens Wolf, Jarreau of Rap), Nas flow sounds good on most of them(unlike the Kanye album last year, lots of soulful music, strong production, etc.

I mean, you had me at Nas anyway... but really sold it dropping RZA.

Queens Wolf is my #1 so far.

I mean, you had me at Nas anyway... but really sold it dropping RZA.

Those RZA beats sound more “Wu” than 99% of the stuff he’s given to the group the last 10 years or so, lol.

I’m curious to know when those songs were made.

“You’re in your pretend stages. I been doing this since windbreakers.” - Nas - It Never Ends

LOL. There’s so many lines on this.

Ok, how in the wide world of sports am I just now finding out about Marlon Craft??!! Wow, it takes a lot for me to say that, especially for new rappers. I'll go ahead and call him an MC now
Gang sht. is pure brilliance. And I have to preface all this by saying it's all about his depth and lyrics until I can get in the ride later and really put some volume on his album Funhouse Mirror

So just uninterested in music lately
Nothing grabbing interest
Podcasts have ruined music for me

This is pretty much flawless...

Also being rumored as an Eminem diss. Em dissed NF on “The Ringer”.

Last edited:
This is pretty much flawless...

Also being rumored as an Eminem diss. Em dissed NF on “The Ringer”.

I'm not going to say he doesn't have talent, but there's no way I can get with someone who bit somebody's whole style, flow, construct especially when it's so original. If it was on bad audio, more than half people would think that was Em. Besides it waters down the game. And nobody's winning a battle with Em, I think MGK learned that, and that initial one by MGK was good, and then one of the greatest all time had to show him the level he was on. But I also realize how subjective music tastes are.

I'm not going to say he doesn't have talent, but there's no way I can get with someone who bit somebody's whole style, flow, construct especially when it's so original. If it was on bad audio, more than half people would think that was Em. Besides it waters down the game. And nobody's winning a battle with Em, I think MGK learned that, and that initial one by MGK was good, and then one of the greatest all time had to show him the level he was on. But I also realize how subjective music tastes are.
Yea, he even admits he looks up to and developed himself after Em. NF is from just outside Detroit, which makes even more sense.

The guy definitely isn’t for everyone, but he’s pretty diverse. His album “The Search” dropped yesterday. He’s got heat tracks, emo tracks and radio stuff on it. I like it, mainly because he touches on real stuff.. Mental health, addiction, success, failure, depression etc.

He’s got a song off his last album called “If you want love” that might be one of the most touching hip hop songs I’ve ever heard.

Back to the Em stuff. I hope this doesn’t become a “thing” because Em would murder anyone and this dude is one of those guys that doesn’t need to be involved in that stuff. That being said, this track made me think he could at least fare better than MGK, and like you said, MGK’s was decent, just Em is so next level.

So I’ve been bumping that new NF album I posted about a few days ago all weekend.

It’s got to be an album of the year contender.

I know his criticism is that he bit Eminem’s style, but this album is so diverse. He’s grown a lot from older albums.

If anyone wants to take a listen:

Hype Tracks:

The Search
Leave Me Alone
Returns
Options
No Excuses
Why

Radio Hit Tracks:

Time
Change
Like This
Thinking

Emotional:

My Stress
Only
Hate Myself
Trauma

There’s 18 tracks and none of them are skipworthy. Definitely Eminem influence throughout the album, but also a lot of strong samples along with Drake and Xxxtentacion vibes.

“Like This” is not only my favorite song off the album, but probably one of the best songs I’ve heard all year.

Ok, how in the wide world of sports am I just now finding out about Marlon Craft??!! Wow, it takes a lot for me to say that, especially for new rappers. I'll go ahead and call him an MC now
Gang sht. is pure brilliance. And I have to preface all this by saying it's all about his depth and lyrics until I can get in the ride later and really put some volume on his album Funhouse Mirror

Never heard of him, but I’ll have to check him out soon.

Right now Nas (fav. rapper of the 90s and probably of all time) and Big KRIT(fav. rapper of the 10s), have all my attention as they both put out new albums that I’m trying to fully absorb.

My all time personal favorite group Little Brother recently reunited and is putting out a new album at Midnight tonight. I’m blown away excited by this unexpected news.

And to connect it to the OP, they made a song with Kanye back in the day called “I See Now”. It was great. And hilarious.

We get there I’m thinking “damn yo, this $—t is boring”/After 35, the club’s a different kind of torment/Pretend to be excited watching b*tches diddy bop/when you would rather be at home watching “Flip or Flop”

Man. So many amazing grown man bars on this album.

Trying to keep this thread going, because this has been the best summer for rap music in like a decade for me. Not letting it die!

Anyway...Benny The Butcher! From Buffalo, NY. He’s really good. He’s in that Beanie Sigel, Mobb Deep, Roc Marciano lane.

He’s affiliated with Westside Gunn and Conway the Machine who have been making a little noise for a few years. Gunn is good and Conway is better...but Benny is next level! IMO. I’ve become a big fan recently.

Never would’ve thought 3 guys from Buffalo would be keeping hardcore East Coast rap alive. Meanwhile younger NYC rappers are busy copying Chicago and Atlanta and pretending to be bloods and crips. SMH.

But anyway, these 3 now have both Eminem and Jay-Z affiliations. Hoping they blow up.

25 minute long screw-face album:

He’s got Black Thought, Jadakiss, and Pusha T on his album so you know he’s confident that he can hold his own. And he does.

These beats are just ridiculous on this one.

Last edited:
25 minute long screw-face album:

He’s got Black Thought, Jadakiss, and Pusha T on his album so you know he’s confident that he can hold his own. And he does.

These beats are just ridiculous on this one.
Just read up on them, while listening to a lot of their work, they're legit. Sold. And from upstate, love it. DJ Premier featured video, and work with Alchemist, signed with JayZ and Em, no need to say more.

Just read up on them, while listening to a lot of their work, they're legit. Sold. And from upstate, love it. DJ Premier featured video, and work with Alchemist, signed with JayZ and Em, no need to say more.

Yup. I’ve been in a rabbit hole lately on them too!

I’d listened to a little bit of Conway and Westside Gunn before because I heard they were on the radar and from Buffalo, and I liked it well enough, but I didn’t go deep enough for it to fully grab me.

That Black Thought and Benny song this summer (that’s on the “Plugs I Met” album) really got me though. I listened to it for Thought, whose verse was incredible like always, but then I was like “who is this other guy though??!!”

Also, they say all 3 are doing on album coming out on Shady/Aftermath soon. I’m thinking that will get a big push. I hope it does well and helps turn the whole tide back to lyricists and hard beats.

turn the whole tide back to lyricists and hard beats
We can only hope. Yeah they're doing the Aftermath thing, and Benny and WestSide Gunn signed with Roc Nation, doesn't get much bigger than that.

Francis and the Lights is an acquired taste but this is beautiful...

“May I have this dance” ft Chance the Rapper and “Friends” are worth checking out if you vibe with this.

“Take me to the Light” ft Bon Iver and Kanye

Skyzoo & Pete Rock - Eastern Conference All Stars

Featuring Westside Gunn, Conway, Benny the Butcher, and Elzhi.

What a lineup. Elzhi destroyed it.

This album is a cant miss.

September 2019, kids see ghosts still rocks

Skyzoo & Pete Rock - Eastern Conference All Stars

Featuring Westside Gunn, Conway, Benny the Butcher, and Elzhi.

What a lineup. Elzhi destroyed it.

This album is a cant miss.

Album is out. Love it.

Pete Rock - greatest producer of all time IMO, and he’s still got it.

Skyzoo always delivers. They’re a good fit together. Really like this album.

Carry the Tradition is something else...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom