Kayton Samuels transferring to Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Staff member
The two interesting schools in that letter are WMU and ND...both with former Shafer assistants.

iommi

Living Legend
All defensive.

Both schemes switched drastically but we only seem to have 1 group upset with the change.

Scheme or coach?
Maybe both. Does anyone like the Tampa 2?

It seems like we are always behind where we need to be numbers-wise. Then injuries hit and like Conor would say... We are fooked.

Cuseman78

All Conference
If there's any place on the roster where we can afford attrition, its DT. Kayton did an ok job, but this isn't some huge loss.

And don't worry, we'll just have Dino go out there and pick an Alton Robinson from the trash bin before the season starts anyway.

I get that people inherently don't like watching their guys transfer, but much of the time these guys see the handwriting on the wall in regards to playing time (or are reminded by the coaching staff in end of year reviews).

I'm sure there will be more transfers but these fringe players will simply be replaced by Dino's guys. I'm glad we're going a bit quicker this year in ripping off the Shafer band-aid.

Cusefan69

2nd String
It is unfortunate, he was a big body of which we have a shortage of on the defensive side...he seems like a good young man, has his degree...best of luck to the young man.

hoopsupstate

All Conference
I think these fifth year transfers is an inkling of the younger players behind them who are better suited for this defense. They have all had younger players pass them by and I bet there are others (redshirts) who are also going to pass them by too. On the bright side, it allows Dino additional players to bring in this year.

Ish88888

All American
Gotta be about scheme. We need interior lineman like KS. he was part of the foundation that played very well this year. If you dont think this is a sig. Loss, you are fooling yourself.

Cuseman78

All Conference
Gotta be about scheme. We need interior lineman like KS. he was part of the foundation that played very well this year. If you dont think this is a sig. Loss, you are fooling yourself.
Oh where oh where will we make up for his 12 tackles. You're overestimating his impact. He averaged 1 tackle per game and only played limited snaps due to conditioning anyhow. Dime a dozen type of guy.

money3189

All Conference
If there's any place on the roster where we can afford attrition, its DT. Kayton did an ok job, but this isn't some huge loss.

And don't worry, we'll just have Dino go out there and pick an Alton Robinson from the trash bin before the season starts anyway.

I get that people inherently don't like watching their guys transfer, but much of the time these guys see the handwriting on the wall in regards to playing time (or are reminded by the coaching staff in end of year reviews).

I'm sure there will be more transfers but these fringe players will simply be replaced by Dino's guys. I'm glad we're going a bit quicker this year in ripping off the Shafer band-aid.
Correctamundo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom