Keep improving; wins will come. | Syracusefan.com

Keep improving; wins will come.

Rocco

Watching you.
This team would've lost this game by 42 points just a few years ago.

We hung with a tough team on the road in probably the worst possible field conditions for an up-tempo offense.

So proud of Dungey's toughness. He made alot of terrible throws today, but also made some absurd plays to keep the chains moving.

Kid is a warrior.

I continue to be proud as hell of this team and their huge improvement year over year.

(Oh yeah, another cover by the Cuse, too.)

Agreed. With Shafer, this would have been a national embarrassment. Such a change in only 2 years.

The offense under Shafer would've never scored in this game and the D would've given up way more big plays. Our rush D is impressive. We got lucky with some of their drops, but they also got lucky with some of our horrible throws and mistimed routes.

I thought that we hung in there when we gave them every opportunity to run away with it based on the absurd turnover advantage.

Dungey is so fun to watch. Yes, I grit my teeth when he starts running, but that is his game. He is not an effective pocket passer. He is a very good mobile QB.

The offense under Shafer would've never scored in this game and the D would've given up way more big plays. Our rush D is impressive. We got lucky with some of their drops, but they also got lucky with some of our horrible throws and mistimed routes.

I thought that we hung in there when we gave them every opportunity to run away with it based on the absurd turnover advantage.

Dungey is so fun to watch. Yes, I grit my teeth when he starts running, but that is his game. He is not an effective pocket passer. He is a very good mobile QB.
I am glad we have our bye week coming up because I think ED is one hurting warrior and could use and deserves some recoup time. He had a terrible 1st half but came back out swinging in the second half and did what he could to keep us in the game. I am proud of this team, and that is both sides of the ball. How can you not get excited about this team. Go Orange

I am glad we have our bye week coming up because I think ED is one hurting warrior and could use and deserves some recoup time. He had a terrible 1st half but came back out swinging in the second half and did what he could to keep us in the game. I am proud of this team, and that is both sides of the ball. How can you not get excited about this team. Go Orange

Agree 100%.

Made a post about this last week -- bye week could not be better timed for our team. Perfect time for an extra week to heal up some bumps and bruises, and we'll get significant defensive reinforcements in Cordy, Black, and Coleman [with two more weeks to recuperate]. Hopefully that recharges the players' batteries and puts our program in the best position for the stretch run.

Plus, we get the extra week to study film and prepare for an FSU team that might be mentally defeated by the time we take them on.

Bye week couldn't be timed better for us.

Last edited:

Agreed. Dungey will be getting tons of treatment this week. They all will. They're all reeling.

Through a frigging brutal 8 games to start the year, it's amazing we haven't had more big injuries like in seemingly every other year. Props to the S&C staff. Night and day difference.

The amount of film study of FSU will be huge. This will be a big week for the younger guys to get lots of reps in practice while the starters rest. Big development week for this program coming up.

Agreed. Dungey will be getting tons of treatment this week. They all will. They're all reeling.

Through a frigging brutal 8 games to start the year, it's amazing we haven't had more big injuries like in seemingly every other year. Props to the S&C staff. Night and day difference.

The amount of film study of FSU will be huge. This will be a big week for the younger guys to get lots of reps in practice while the starters rest. Big development week for this program coming up.
Who was the old s&c guy that nobody wanted to lose. You remember...when we seemingly lead the NCAA in injuries every year. The guy who's s&c program was like a meathead workout at Golds Gym. A lot of benching, and squatting, and shoulder work, and tons of protein shakes. What was his name? Oh yeah...that's right...I forgot...I don't care what his name was. Edinger has done such a masterful job.

Who was the old s&c guy that nobody wanted to lose. You remember...when we seemingly lead the NCAA in injuries every year. The guy who's s&c program was like a meathead workout at Golds Gym. A lot of benching, and squatting, and shoulder work, and tons of protein shakes. What was his name? Oh yeah...that's right...I forgot...I don't care what his name was. Edinger has done such a masterful job.

Nobody wanted to lose? Most of the board wanted to boot him.

Ask retro44

Nobody wanted to lose? Most of the board wanted to boot him.
I'm referring to the cuse football players, and ex players. I also recall a few on this board that thought losing him would be horrible.

Guys, losing sucks. But imagine just 3 years ago if I told you that we would Be 4-4 with losses at a top 20 (figuring after they handled ole miss today) LSU team by single digits, at a top 15 NC st team by single digits, beat defending champions and top contender for another championship in Clemson, and lost to another top 10 team on the road by single digits with 4-0 turnover differential. All of which came in a 5 week stretch. Not one game where we absolutely let up or melted to the pressure. The change in this team has been dramatic. I honestly don’t go into a game anymore where I don’t think we have a chance. The change and fight in this team has been dramatic change. This coaching staff has been a god-send to this university and its fan. This is fun, even the loses which suck are enjoyable to watch. We legitamelty have a chance in every game; even after commiting 4 first half turnovers against the number 8 team in the country away from home and coming off a huge victory over the defending champions when Your primed for a let down game. These kids never gave up and were down only 1 point with 5 minutes left in the game.

Guys, losing sucks. But imagine just 3 years ago if I told you that we would Be 4-4 with losses at a top 20 (figuring after they handled ole miss today) LSU team by single digits, at a top 15 NC st team by single digits, beat defending champions and top contender for another championship in Clemson, and lost to another top 10 team on the road by single digits with 4-0 turnover differential. All of which came in a 5 week stretch. Not one game where we absolutely let up or melted to the pressure. The change in this team has been dramatic. I honestly don’t go into a game anymore where I don’t think we have a chance. The change and fight in this team has been dramatic change. This coaching staff has been a god-send to this university and its fan. This is fun, even the loses which suck are enjoyable to watch. We legitamelty have a chance in every game; even after commiting 4 first half turnovers against the number 8 team in the country away from home and coming off a huge victory over the defending champions when Your primed for a let down game. These kids never gave up and were down only 1 point with 5 minutes left in the game.

Bingo. This team has some fight in it that I haven't seen in years. I actually believe that we're going to win every game we play. In the past, it was nothing more than wishful thinking. The difference this year is that they actually CAN win any game they play. Still a work in progress.

Bingo. This team has some fight in it that I haven't seen in years. I actually believe that we're going to win every game we play. In the past, it was nothing more than wishful thinking. The difference this year is that they actually CAN win any game they play. Still a work in progress.

Pulling for that progress to come this November, letting Ishmael, Phillips, Franklin & Bennett reap the rewards.

You mean the guy that was here during coach P. When we went like 12 years with like 4 injuries. The guy Dwight Freeney came back every offseason to train with? That guy?
Nice post.

You mean the guy that was here during coach P. When we went like 12 years with like 4 injuries. The guy Dwight Freeney came back every offseason to train with? That guy?
Nice post.

Sadly, the negatives far outweigh the positives for the former coach. This team is more physically sound than in any of *his* S&C years here.

Nice post.
Yeah, that's the one. Guess he lost his ability to keep guys healthy after 01. I guess I also found one of the 5 guys on the board that wanted to retain him.
Nice response.

Sadly, the negatives far outweigh the positives for the former coach. This team is more physically sound than in any of *his* S&C years here.
Yeah but they could bench a lot, and had nice biceps!

There is so much reason for optimism.
The last 2 weeks will help future recruiting tenfold. Dino can now sell
the future and kids will know he is serious.
Whoever replaced Will Hicks as S&C coach has done outstanding.

The QB is only a Junior.
The team will lose two stud WRs and 2 LBs.

Dino will need to replace them but our schedule is softer next year and we have competed.

Win atleast 2 more games this year. We need to be playing in December.

The QB is only a Junior.

Dino will need to replace them but our schedule is softer next year and we have competed.

At first glance, I thought next years schedule would be easier. Maybe it is, but by how much? Instead of LSU who is decent this year, we play at ND, who may be a team that can sneak into the playoffs this year. They've been really impressive. We get UCONN, Wagner, and WesternMich. Is that much easier than Central Connecticut, Middle Tennessee, and Central Michigan? We were expected to go 3-1 non conference this year, and we'll be expected to go 3-1 non conference next year. Our crossover game next year will be UNC at home if I'm not mistaken. Certainly easier than top 10 Miami on the road, but you'd have to think UNC would be greatly improved next year. Florida State will be back to it's top 10 status with Francois back. I like our chances vs. them this year, but not next year. Clemson will be Clemson, and all the other ACC teams seem to be improving this year. Maybe L'ville will be more down next year.
Overall, I don't feel the schedule will be a whole lot easier. I do feel however, that you won't see us slip up vs. UCONN, Wagner, or Western Michigan next year, like we did to MTSU this year. I think beyond those 3 teams, every single game will be tough. Winnable, but tough. We do get FSU and L'ville at home next year too. That helps.

The QB is only a Junior.

Whoever = Sean Edinger, the crazy black belt guy assistant HC who doubles as Babers bodyguard?

Guy is amazing.

At first glance, I thought next years schedule would be easier. Maybe it is, but by how much? Instead of LSU who is decent this year, we play at ND, who may be a team that can sneak into the playoffs this year. They've been really impressive. We get UCONN, Wagner, and WesternMich. Is that much easier than Central Connecticut, Middle Tennessee, and Central Michigan? We were expected to go 3-1 non conference this year, and we'll be expected to go 3-1 non conference next year. Our crossover game next year will be UNC at home if I'm not mistaken. Certainly easier than top 10 Miami on the road, but you'd have to think UNC would be greatly improved next year. Florida State will be back to it's top 10 status with Francois back. I like our chances vs. them this year, but not next year. Clemson will be Clemson, and all the other ACC teams seem to be improving this year. Maybe L'ville will be more down next year.
Overall, I don't feel the schedule will be a whole lot easier. I do feel however, that you won't see us slip up vs. UCONN, Wagner, or Western Michigan next year, like we did to MTSU this year. I think beyond those 3 teams, every single game will be tough. Winnable, but tough. We do get FSU and L'ville at home next year too. That helps.
Whenever we have BC and Wake on the road the schedule is easier.
We can beat those teams a lot easier on the road than Louisville or Pittsburgh.
The road games were why this schedule was crazy hard this year.
At Western Michigan, At Pittsburgh, at Wake, at Boston College isn’t as daunting as this years road games.

Whenever we have BC and Wake on the road the schedule is easier.
We can beat those teams a lot easier on the road than Louisville or Pittsburgh.
The road games were why this schedule was crazy hard this year.
At Western Michigan, At Pittsburgh, at Wake, at Boston College isn’t as daunting as this years road games.

Exactly. Our schedule next year is nowhere near as brutal as it is this year.

This year was legitimately murderer's row. We went 4-4 through the hardest section of it with a win over the defending national champs, who happened to be #2. We haven't been blown out yet.

Babers will be the hottest commodity in college football.

Our Offense has some work to do after this year to replace Ishmael and Erv . With what we have in our stable and coming in this years class, we should be able to replace those two. The rest of the team should stay in tacked. As far as the Defense, there is so much reason for optimism as long as Slayton remains. Our "D" this year has been one huge and needed surprise. And this being said with the injuries to our starting DEs Coleman & Black and Packard and you can add DB Cordy. As long as Slayton stays, and we have our healthy core of DEs, we should be even better than this years team. I know some are going to say are crazy , we are losing Zaire and Parris, one is the leader and the other is the leader in tackles. And yes I am crazy to a certain degree, but we do, I feel we have a awesome stable of LBers. Armstrong, Fagan, Guthrie, Henderson, Walton, Trotter, and Richards. Again we have a good group of DBs ready to step up. I'm sure one of these kids will step up and take over as a leader. GO ORANGE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom