Kenlucky | Syracusefan.com

Kenlucky

otto123

Walk On
The top 3 other #1 seeds were missing key players in the tournament, when is the last time that has happened? Kentucky, UNC, and Syracuse at full strength were the 3 best teams all year it's to bad we never got to find out who the best was. UNC, and Cuse matched up well with Kentucky and I think they would have beaten them had they played in the final four but now we'll never know.

when we won in 2003 UK was missing their best player and they were a #1 seed, karma works in weird ways

when we won in 2003 UK was missing their best player and they were a #1 seed, karma works in weird ways

Not comparable. The other 3 #1 seeds were missing key players that has never happened. Plus Syracuse played the best team Kansas in the championship game. Kentucky, UNC, and Syracuse were the best teams all year and we will never know who the best team was.

You want a re-do when all teams are at full strength? Injuries are just as much a part of the game as the jump shot.

I honestly don't think it would have mattered .. Davis really was a Superman on the defensive end.

Kentucky is a lot of douchey things. Lucky was not one of them.

You want a re-do when all teams are at full strength? Injuries are just as much a part of the game as the jump shot.

No i'm just stating we will never know who the best team was because 3 of the top 4 teams were missing key players.

Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due. Kentucky had an incredible team this year. I might even go as far to say that they had one of the most dominating teams in recent memory (IMO). I bleed orange, but I can appreciate great basketball when I see it.

I agree with both sides here. I do think SU would have had a decent shot at beating them, if not beaten by the refs vs OSU.

But things like that which make me want to see the people guaranteeing a final 4 next year get slapped by someone. That's just as foolish as Katz, and he probably has better odds of being right. Even this year's KY on paper didn't necessarily equal a NC...but they played very well together, which we happen to know first hand isn't always the case with some teams.

The top 3 other #1 seeds were missing key players in the tournament, when is the last time that has happened? Kentucky, UNC, and Syracuse at full strength were the 3 best teams all year it's to bad we never got to find out who the best was. UNC, and Cuse matched up well with Kentucky and I think they would have beaten them had they played in the final four but now we'll never know.

Uhhm, I think we always knew, and it was clearly proven, who the best was.

I don"t lump us in with the others. Our guy flunked out. That is totally controllable and is on him. Injuries are part of the game, and it is too bad that those kids got hurt. As for us, TS. I think the two are apples and zuchinni (sp?).

Gottlieb of all people said this morning on ESPN that UK won in part due to a watered down Final 4. Went on to say they didnt have to face the only 2 teams that could beat them. UNC with Marshall and Cuse with Melo.

You have to be lucky as well as good to win titles, and staying healthy and at full strength is a big part of it. Having games fall your way during the tournament is the other part of it, as we seen in 2003. Give Kentucky their credit, they earned the title. Sure they may have been lucky, but it was luck that they as a team earned and capitalized upon.

It's hard to say that we would have played Kentucky for the title had Melo not been ineligible. We really weren't dominating much with him in the line up to be honest, and were at least 4 points per game worse in goal tending calls with him...

syracuse played the other 2 other #1 seeds. And kansas may have been the best team (although they were missing graves)

It's also nice when the officials systematically eliminate your only competition. UK is the corporate welfare of basketball.

Taking off my orange shades, we would have really struggled to scored vs. UK. Joseph would have been cancelled out by MKG. Rakeita would be cancelled out by Davis. Fair would be shooting fade away 15 footers over Davis/Jones (good luck with that), and we would be forced to shoot 25 threes, something we did not excel at this season. UK had the athletes to run with us.

Flip side is how does UK score against SU's zone? Lamb is an excellent 3pt shooter, give him 10 three attempts. Drive with MKG and Teague then throw it up to Davis.

Would have been an awesome game.

syracuse played the other 2 other #1 seeds. And kansas may have been the best team (although they were missing graves)
wasn't it simien they were missing?

I remember back when we were recruting Lamb. It was said, that growing up in the Queens it was his dream to play for Syracuse. For some reason we weren't too keen on him. That kid has always been a nasty shooter/scorer. There were various reasons given by some here on the board. If any of you are reading this would you mind stepping forward and giving us your arguments (at that time) against Lamb?

No, they had Graves. They were missing Wayne Simien. Our best break may have been when Texas beat UConn in a controversial finish (game played in Texas, I believe) in the regionals. UConn had handled us fairly easily twice during that season.

No i'm just stating we will never know who the best team was because 3 of the top 4 teams were missing key players.

The trophy says Kentucky. Thats all anyone will remember from this year. Does anyone remember how great Texas or Kansas was in 2003? No...they remember Carmelo cutting nets down.

No, they had Graves. They were missing Wayne Simien. Our best break may have been when Texas beat UConn in a controversial finish (game played in Texas, I believe) in the regionals. UConn had handled us fairly easily twice during that season.

yeah, it was a brain fart on my part.

the point still stands

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom