Kennebunkport Recommendations | Syracusefan.com

Kennebunkport Recommendations

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Okay folks. Heading to Maine next week. If you've been to the Kennebunkport area and have any food or activity recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Depends on what you like. My wife and I like to sit, sip, and people- or boat-watch. If that's what you're into, I've got suggestions.

Our favorite places to hang out are the patios at The Burleigh and Stripers. Usually get appetizers and drinks and relax.

Other than that, we seek out breweries around the area. Can't go wrong. Portland has some good distilleries, breweries plus shopping and great restaurants.

Last edited:
Depends on what you like. My wife and I like to sit, sip, and people- or boat-watch. If that's what you're into, I've got suggestions.
I'm working on the fishing and kayak tours, but would love hear some thoughts on restaurants, etc..

Okay folks. Heading to Maine next week. If you've been to the Kennebunkport area and have any food or activity recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

The Steakhouse in Wells is very good. Prepare for a long wait though. If you like doughnuts, Cogdon's Doughnuts in Wells is higher level stuff. If you are taking 95, hit up Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery is outstanding.

I can't really speak to Kennebunkport. We stay in Ogunquit and usually eat there or in Wells. PM me if you'd like.

Some nice (but not crazy-expensive) golf courses are nearby, if you're looking for that. The Cape Arundel Golf Club is an old-style course. You might actually see W and Clinton golfing there together, this time of year. Webhannet is another good course.

No shortage of kayaking!
Good restaurants near Kennebunkport:
Really fancy: The White Barn
Fancy: Stripers, The Marsh, Cape Arundel Inn
Nice: Arundel Wharf, Old Vines Wine Bar
Burgers: Federal Jacks

Barnacle Billy's Rum Punch!

We dont usually go there, but have taken a few Finestkind Boat excursions (i.e., Nubble tour, loberstering), and I used to use Barnacle Billy's webcam to watch Perkins Cove. All three of those Perkins Cove restaurants are pretty similar in their fare.

Yeah. Perkins Cove is a fun place to spend an afternoon. Usually crowded. Not sure how it will be, this year.

No shortage of kayaking!
Good restaurants near Kennebunkport:
Really fancy: The White Barn
Fancy: Stripers, The Marsh, Cape Arundel Inn
Nice: Arundel Wharf, Old Vines Wine Bar
Burgers: Federal Jacks
Arundel Wharf and Old vines were both outstanding

Bush Family has a compound there

Just drive up to the security checkpoint, tell them Ahkbar sent you, and you can have a wonderful experience
Easiest way to earn a free vacation to the Carribean

Bush Family has a compound there

Just drive up to the security checkpoint, tell them Ahkbar sent you, and you can have a wonderful experience

Keep heading up the coast from there. Cape Porpoise with Goat Island offshore is a pretty neat little spot (though not much to do there other than gaze). I seem to recall there being a couple decent lobster shack type joints there. A little further up along 9 you will then have Goose Rocks Beach where we'll usually stop to take a stroll. There's an island/peninsula there you can walk out to during low tide. Then up to Biddeford Pool. Nice little drive with some neat spots.

Our favorite places to hang out are the patios at The Burleigh and Stripers. Usually get appetizers and drinks and relax.

Other than that, we seek out breweries around the area. Can't go wrong. Portland has some good distilleries, breweries plus shopping and great restaurants.
Burleigh is temporarily closed. Reservations at stripers for Friday

White Barn, Nunan's and Old Vines if you're sticking to Kennebunkport. If you venture up to Portland, I'd recommend Central Provisions, Cong Tu Bot (top notch guava drink) and Drifters Wife.

White Barn, Nunan's and Old Vines if you're sticking to Kennebunkport. If you venture up to Portland, I'd recommend Central Provisions, Cong Tu Bot (top notch guava drink) and Drifters Wife.
Yeah. Nunan's is one of the lobster shacks that I think Shrmdougluvr was referring to near Cape Porpoise. Another good one, right around the corner on the tip of the cape, is the Chowder House.

Ate at the Village Tavern in West Kennebunk tonight. Great meal. Chef was previously at the White Barn.

You should look into taking a Zumba class while you’re in town too. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom