Kennedy Space Center suggestions | Syracusefan.com

Kennedy Space Center suggestions

Toga

Living Legend
For those who have been - If you had say 6 hours - what would be the must see attractions?

There's a part where you get on a bus and go out to another section of it. Do that 100%

They just admitted a brand new class of astronaut candidates...

you know, Asscans.

If you can, visit the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB).

Worth it just to see the scope of the size of it.

If you can, visit the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB).

Worth it just to see the scope of the size of it.
I would agree with this and the bus ride portion for sure. We were there about 6 years ago. I'll find my material and see what else we did.

I would agree with this and the bus ride portion for sure. We were there about 6 years ago. I'll find my material and see what else we did.
From their website I'm not sure if the bus is running.

Sorry for the late response I just saw this. I’ve spent many many days and nights at KSC over the years. Super awesome place to visit. There’s basically two elements to visiting: the visitors center and the bus tour. Really need to do both. The visitor center is very nice and has the MUST SEE space shuttle exhibit nowadays. If it costs 500 bucks to see it, pay the money. They did a spectacular job staging the orbiter and if you have never seen a spacecraft up close, suffice to say it is impressive. Especially a space shuttle orbiter which remains by far the most capable space vehicle ever created.

The bus tour is a must because you’ll see the operational facilities of KSC and you will brought to their Saturn V rocket display. They have it installed in a really nice building and again it is expertly displayed. This is not a mock-up, it is a real honest to goodness moon rocket that was built as flight hardware for an Apollo moon mission that was later canceled due to budget cuts. They also have a nice Launch Control Center mock-up and mock launch sequence.

Toga was I too late? Did you go already?

Sorry for the late response I just saw this. I’ve spent many many days and nights at KSC over the years. Super awesome place to visit. There’s basically two elements to visiting: the visitors center and the bus tour. Really need to do both. The visitor center is very nice and has the MUST SEE space shuttle exhibit nowadays. If it costs 500 bucks to see it, pay the money. They did a spectacular job staging the orbiter and if you have never seen a spacecraft up close, suffice to say it is impressive. Especially a space shuttle orbiter which remains by far the most capable space vehicle ever created.

The bus tour is a must because you’ll see the operational facilities of KSC and you will brought to their Saturn V rocket display. They have it installed in a really nice building and again it is expertly displayed. This is not a mock-up, it is a real honest to goodness moon rocket that was built as flight hardware for an Apollo moon mission that was later canceled due to budget cuts. They also have a nice Launch Control Center mock-up and mock launch sequence.
Great suggestions! I’m going this weekend. Looking forward to everything you mentioned!

I would like reports from these trips!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom