Kentucky board | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky board

orangejunkie

Starter
Checked the free side of the Kentucky board. Several posters were comparing NN game in the recent international tournament, with Anthony Davis. The comparisons were not very favorable and they were fairly critical of his game. Sounds like they are still pursuing other recruits as well.

Checked the free side of the Kentucky board. Several posters were comparing NN game in the recent international tournament, with Anthony Davis. The comparisons were not very favorable and they were fairly critical of his game. Sounds like they are still pursuing other recruits as well.
Some guy claims he's a UCLA team doctor and says Bazz committed to UCLA over a year ago but kept quiet to keep the hometown UNLV fans off his back

This is what Noel has to think about. Does he want to go somewhere and be remembered for who HE is and what HE does, or does he want to go somewhere and be remembered for who HE wasn't?

It's a no-win for him to go to UK in terms of a legacy, even a one-year legacy. If they don't win the title, he will be forever remembered as a failure and will NEVER be truly accepted by their fickle fan base. Then when Cal leaves for the NBA again, he won't have a "home" to go back to. SU fans will embrace him either way, and he'll always have a place here. If he wants 'family', there is no other choice.

Now, if he doesn't care about how he is remembered or dissected in his one year of college, and all he cares about is getting paid a year from now, then he'll be ok at UK.

Somehow I think he wants to be far more than a poor-man's Anthony Davis. I hope he wants to be Nerlens Noel. He'll never be that at UK, certainly not in one year.

We'll see who he wants to be on Wednesday.

Good post, Pete...but what about choice #3...G'town? You didn't even mention them and what that would mean if they were his choice.

Good post, Pete...but what about choice #3...G'town? You didn't even mention them and what that would mean if they were his choice.

Princeton offense :bang: ...says it all...

He'll be 'the best GTown center since Patrick Ewing.'. They'll inevitably mention him in the same breath as Ewing, Mourning and Mutombo, just like they did every other no-name center they have had since 1992. There will still be comparisons. Plus, he has ZERO shot at a national championship in a Hoya uniform. Big John isn't the coach anymore. Noone cares about GTown anymore. Has any center they've had since Mutombo ever done anything? I doubt anyone besides BE fans could even name any of the hyped 'next Ewings'. Who's Othella Harrington?

Hibbert was an All-Star this year, and Greg Monroe is one of the best young big men in the NBA.

Georgetown has also been to the Final Four more recently than we have.

Hibbert was an All-Star this year, and Greg Monroe is one of the best young big men in the NBA.

So has VCU, doesn't make em a better program.

There's only one Greg Monroe. And he wore Orange. ;)

I know Monroe was good in college but most of his development has come from being in the league not at Georgetown. I would have never thought he would be this good when I watched him play in college, he seemed real soft.

I know Monroe was good in college but most of his development has come from being in the league not at Georgetown. I would have never thought he would be this good when I watched him play in college, he seemed real soft.

I don't know. The guy was extremely skilled an any idiot could see that. There was pretty much nothing he couldn't do. Every analyst said that he could showcase more in the pros getting away from that GTown style of play.

NN seems very raw and needs lots of work to become a Hibbert, Monroe, or even Anthony Davis at the offensive end. NN is an immediate defensive force however.

I was hoping to see more replies about this OP. From your summary, Kentucky fans are looking at NN a lot differently than we are. It's almost reminds me how a guy who gets a lot of dates and one who gets much less would view the same girl. Here NN is like Jesus or Ron Paul, but from your summary there he is just, "not quite AD"?

Some guy claims he's a UCLA team doctor and says Bazz committed to UCLA over a year ago but kept quiet to keep the hometown UNLV fans off his back
Bazz parents are from Los Angeles !!

Go to Scout website, than teams, SEC conference, Kentucky...takes 1 minute to do. From the small sample size of their current board, they don't seem that over the top about him. He would clearly be compared to Anthony Davis. Why would an 18 year old kid want that kind of pressure?

Unless he pulls a Fab Melo...
Me thinks/hopes that procedures at Manley have been tweaked a bit to reduce that possibility even further.

Having Fab as an example of how a player can damage his brand and draft prospects may be enough to convince future players that they need to go to class and do their work.

It would make for a great DirecTV ad parody... "... when you don't do your class work you become another Fab. When you're another Fab you watch your team's post season tournaments at Hungry Chuck's instead of playing in them. When you don't play in post season tournaments you can't showcase your talents. When you can't showcase your talents in post season tournaments you damage your pro-prospects. When you damage your pro-prospects you lose millions of dollars. Don't be another Fab."

Me thinks/hopes that procedures at Manley have been tweaked a bit to reduce that possibility even further.

Having Fab as an example of how a player can damage his brand and draft prospects may be enough to convince future players that they need to go to class and do their work.

It would make for a great DirecTV ad parody... "... when you don't do your class work you become another Fab. When you're another Fab you watch your team's post season tournaments at Hungry Chuck's instead of playing in them. When you don't play in post season tournaments you can't showcase your talents. When you can't showcase your talents in post season tournaments you damage your pro-prospects. When you damage your pro-prospects you lose millions of dollars. Don't be another Fab."

Or could convince potential recruits that they need to pick a school that "won't allow" a situation like Fab's from occurring...

No, I'm talking about how quickly Syracuse fans will turn on him and not embrace him.