Kentucky Finally gets Their Big Man | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky Finally gets Their Big Man

SkanSU

Starter
Willie McCauley commits to UK over the weekend.

I wonder if the on-going stuff and possible penalties on KSU had anything to do with his decision. He was considered a heavy KSU lean

Darn, I was hoping they'd be shut out of the really good big men. Must have put the full court press on MCCauley after they lost out on Coleman.

Darn, I was hoping they'd be shut out of the really good big men. Must have put the full court press on MCCauley after they lost out on Coleman.

How good can that kid from "Home Alone" be anyhow?

on a serious note, Cal must have thrown the house and yacht at this kid once Coleman turned him down

anybody else think Cal blew the whistle on Huggy bear and KSU to get Cauley?

...he isnt home alone now...girls, cheerleaders, mom and friends no doubt in a fairly nice wood cabin with all the bourbon and bonbons they can drink and eat...Cal is not into drugs...Yet

...he isnt home alone now...girls, cheerleaders, mom and friends no doubt in a fairly nice wood cabin with all the bourbon and bonbons they can drink and eat...Cal is not into drugs...Yet
are yooooouuuu sure? He must be using some brain numbing substance to convince to play for him at Kentucky.

are yooooouuuu sure? He must be using some brain numbing substance to convince to play for him at Kentucky.

Look I think Calipari is a scum bucket and is dirty as all get out but the fact that he chose UK over KSU shouldn't surprise anyone. Lets see ... 20K+ fans screaming while playing for one of the most legendary programs in all of college hoops in Lexington or dooming yourself to Manhattan Kansas? Play with other well paid McD All Americans or have Frank Martin give you the Cuban stink eye from across the arena? Really not sure its even a choice. Even if it weren't Calipari at the helm could anyone fault him for choosing UK over KSU?

on a serious note, Cal must have thrown the house and yacht at this kid once Coleman turned him down

If one is to accept the above quote as a "serious note" as stated,one would have to believe that J.B. had presented a higher offer to obtain D.C.[ of course he did not ]. Criticize Calipari all that you want,but back -up what you are saying with facts.

Go Cuse !!

If one is to accept the above quote as a "serious note" as stated,one would have to believe that J.B. had presented a higher offer to obtain D.C.[ of course he did not ]. Criticize Calipari all that you want,but back -up what you are saying with facts.

Go Cuse !!

A.) He is being sarcastic

B.) Everyone knows Calipari is a sleazeball ...

C.) Listen to the Big Blue radio broadcast and how DC is portrayed by a now shunned UK and Calipari and that will tell you all you need to know about them in general

D.) Its a message board and in no way is he a journalist calling out someone in the newspaper so I think he is allowed to say things tongue and cheek.

E.) See UMass and Memphis if you want the facts about how Calipari operates

F.) Ask Derrick Rose what his true SAT score was

G.) Coleman stated emphatically he wanted to stay home and every supporting reason pointed back to Coleman wanting to stay home ... period end of story.

Go Cuse !!
"House and yacht" is of course a figurative saying. Meaning Cal probably offered this kid a starting spot for UK as a frosh... and then some "fringe benefits"

C.) Listen to the Big Blue radio broadcast and how DC is portrayed by a now shunned UK and Calipari and that will tell you all you need to know about them in general

D.) Its a message board and in no way is he a journalist calling out someone in the newspaper so I think he is allowed to say things tongue and cheek.

G.) Coleman stated emphatically he wanted to stay home and every supporting reason pointed back to Coleman wanting to stay home ... period end of story.
exactly ^^^^^^

OK... Arizona is having a helluva recruiting year. Picked up Tarzewski (sp) committment today. I wonder if he committed as a result of Cauley going to UK or UK really pushed Cauley as a result of Tarzewski committing to Arizona. Doesn't matter 2 big men gone ... that leaves Parker (KU or OSU) and McGary (UM or Duke).

A. Sure. Broken record, but sure.
B. Not everyone. Kentucky has a long, rich history. I think they probably did their due diligence and wouldn't be so quick to jump in bed with a 'known felon.' "Sleazeball?" Syracuse was on probation once. Not so long ago, for those who have a sense of context. Fans of other programs very likely referred to JB as a sleazeball, and specifically, Terrapin fans wondered aloud how much JB paid Carmelo to get him out of Maryland.
C. "...them in general." I love, love, love generalizations applied to anyone within 'sticking distance.' What did Cal say about Coleman? Aren't they prohibited from speaking about recruits?
D. See A
E. OperateD. IF you are drawing firm conclusions from NCAA results/investigations, you still are only left with what may have happened in the past. Kentucky doesn't NEED to do anything to attract top recruits. Cal has a very recent history of producing top NBA picks who do well. Not sure how you can question the priorities of a kid who wants to go to a school to play with and against other 5-star players, and always be a contender for a final four berth.
F. Cal doesn't administer the SATs. He also didn't CLEAR THE SCORES. If you're suggesting he arranged for the proxy, i would love to see the evidence of that so i can stop defending people i don't really like.
G. Word.

A. Sure. Broken record, but sure.
B. Not everyone. Kentucky has a long, rich history. I think they probably did their due diligence and wouldn't be so quick to jump in bed with a 'known felon.' "Sleazeball?" Syracuse was on probation once. Not so long ago, for those who have a sense of context. Fans of other programs very likely referred to JB as a sleazeball, and specifically, Terrapin fans wondered aloud how much JB paid Carmelo to get him out of Maryland.
C. "...them in general." I love, love, love generalizations applied to anyone within 'sticking distance.' What did Cal say about Coleman? Aren't they prohibited from speaking about recruits?
D. See A
E. OperateD. IF you are drawing firm conclusions from NCAA results/investigations, you still are only left with what may have happened in the past. Kentucky doesn't NEED to do anything to attract top recruits. Cal has a very recent history of producing top NBA picks who do well. Not sure how you can question the priorities of a kid who wants to go to a school to play with and against other 5-star players, and always be a contender for a final four berth.
F. Cal doesn't administer the SATs. He also didn't CLEAR THE SCORES. If you're suggesting he arranged for the proxy, i would love to see the evidence of that so i can stop defending people i don't really like.
G. Word.

Ok so answer me this ... prior to Cal what were UK's classes ranked, specifically post Pitino? I think there are many things Cal does on the up and up but the fact that Memphis and UMass have forfeited wins during his respective tenures then you can pretty much deduce he is the one common point between. But riddle me this before he got there what was UMass and what have they been since? I do agree that UK sells itself in many regards but you have way too many circumstances that point to one common thread and you in turn are relying on the NCAA to give you the evidence that Cal is on the level with his recruiting. Really? Really? The same organization that somehow has yet to have anything on Ohio State, the same NCAA that couldn't do a thing about Cam Newton even though his father was shopping him like a Gucci bag? Need I really even need to continue my point on this?

As for what was stated by the Blue crew and Cal they pretty much said that if a recruit isn't ready to play in the UK environment and work then UK isn't the fit for that recruit. The broadcasters can discuss Coleman but Cal cannot specifically speak about him, he can just generalize. I guess that 20K Rupp crowd is much more intimidating than the 30K screaming in the Carrier Dome. The audio was linked here I will see if I can dig it up. This all comes on the heels of Coleman spurning them ... coincidence ... please. Just because you don't have black and white photos sitting on your desk of Cal handing out money to recruits (mainly because the NCAA is run by a bunch of spineless pathetic morons afraid to punish a traditional power, see OSU) then it doesn't happen and he is clean. You are relying on the blind to read you War and Peace, that is about the size of it.

By the way prior to his resurfacing at Memphis and pushing out Rose and Evans who were top flight athletes to begin with how many top NBA picks was he drilling out of ... oh UMass for instance. When you are recruiting at the NCAA level in hoop and you can grab a top 10 high school player chances are he is NBA ready already and Cal knew the only way he would be able to have success is to grab the biggest names possible. Prior to Rose and Evans how many McDs All-Americans flocked to Memphis? Are you telling me that all of a sudden Memphis had this Final Four type buzz in C-USA (oh by the way a conference dominated by Louisville and Cincy prior to their defection) that all of a sudden appealed to these top tier players?

By the way committing an NCAA infraction is not a felony, it is just an infraction ... something that they don't seem to care to enforce anymore based on recent history (other than USC and even that is hung up in appeals).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom