Kentucky Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky Recruiting

Umm...yeah that is because thay have 18 committed so far...their comitted do have some decent ratings, but if you look at the average ratings they are not even Top 10...

Correction: Not even top 25

Everyone wants to play in the SEC, even for the crap schools.

Umm...yeah that is because thay have 18 committed so far...their comitted are have some decent ratings, but if you look at the average ratings they are not even Top 10...

If this were basketball, then I would agree with you. But in football, the star system is really hit or miss. Look at some SU-related examples:

-Chandler Jones 2*
-Arthur Jones 2*
-Ryan Nassib 2*
-Shamarko Thomas 2*
-Justin Pugh 2*

I bet if the guys above, and those 2 stars going to Kentucky, had committed to say Alabama or Notre Dame their stars would be much higher.

I'd take an average rating over 3. We've discussed UK's recruiting already this season. It's interesting the number of high profile Ohio kids they have.

But that's what happens when you bring in a guy with a big reputation - Stoops - and he brings in recruiters.

By the way, Jimmy Brumbaugh is now on his staff. Our former DLine coach under Marrone for 2 years.

I'd take an average rating over 3. We've discussed UK's recruiting already this season. It's interesting the number of high profile Ohio kids they have.

But that's what happens when you bring in a guy with a big reputation - Stoops - and he brings in recruiters.

By the way, Jimmy Brumbaugh is now on his staff. Our former DLine coach under Marrone for 2 years.
glad Jimmy landed on his feet. Maybe Stoops can turn him into a decent recruiter.

Clay Travis had a pretty good article yesterday on the Ohio topic - http://outkickthecoverage.com/kentucky-extends-secs-brand-into-ohio.php

UK has great crowds for their football games even with their weak brand. If they can continue to recruit Ohio well they could become a strong program.

They play in a division with USC, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida. With upstart Vanderbilt and a decent Mizzou team. Can't see them ever competing to even get top 3 there.

I agree that they have an uphill battle playing in the SEC and having to compete with UL for local recruits. That said, it wasn't too long ago that Georgia and USC were having mediocre seasons. Missouri stinks, UT is still rebuilding and Vanderbilt will never be able to bring in a top 10 recruiting class with their lack of fan support.