Keon Lyn 2012 Highlights | Syracusefan.com

Keon Lyn 2012 Highlights

Quietly he had a great season for the Cuse ... that pass breakup against Mizzou was huge and was 1 0n 1 with Green-Beckham ... saved the game for us. He should have been All Big East 2nd team ... the kid is a baller ... our secondary should be good next year.

I've been an army of a very few to be on this kid's bandwagon and he did nothing this year to dissuade me from believing he's our best corner. Had a very nice year. Led the team in PBUs and INTs (one for a TD) and is a very good open field tackler. He's a pro corner, there's no question in my mind.

CBs will continue to be a strength with 2 really good corners (Reddish and Lyn) and one much improved (Anderson) coming back. Mix in Morgan, Whigham, and George and the cupboard is stocked. Now only if we could create some depth at safety. Area of concern depth-wise. May need to move McFarlane back.

I've been an army of a very few to be on this kid's bandwagon and he did nothing this year to dissuade me from believing he's our best corner. Had a very nice year. Led the team in PBUs and INTs (one for a TD) and is a very good open field tackler. He's a pro corner, there's no question in my mind.

CBs will continue to be a strength with 2 really good corners (Reddish and Lyn) and one much improved (Anderson) coming back. Mix in Morgan, Whigham, and George and the cupboard is stocked. Now only if we could create some depth at safety. Area of concern depth-wise. May need to move McFarlane back.
Shamarko will be difficult, if not impossible, to replace.

Move Morgan to SS. Kid showed on STs that he can fly around and make plays. We are too deep at CB. He could win a spot at SS leaving Desir and Esk to fight it out for FS. I love Wilkes as a backup but if he is starting again next year it will be a disappointment.

Move Morgan to SS. Kid showed on STs that he can fly around and make plays. We are too deep at CB. He could win a spot at SS leaving Desir and Esk to fight it out for FS. I love Wilkes as a backup but if he is starting again next year it will be a disappointment.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either.

Lyn certainly has the size to be an NFL corner and he had a very good season. But...I just don't see the speed or coverage skills to be an NFL corner. That's not meant to be critical of Lyn or his ability. Its more that NFL corners are a rare commodity.

One man's opinion and would love to be wrong...I don't think Lyn will even get drafted.

Had that very same thought. Morgan reminds me more of Shamarko than anybody. You'll definitely end up being prophetic here otto. He does need to gain about 15 to 20lbs however.

Lyn certainly has the size to be an NFL corner and he had a very good season. But...I just don't see the speed or coverage skills to be an NFL corner. That's not meant to be critical of Lyn or his ability. Its more that NFL corners are a rare commodity.

One man's opinion and would love to be wrong...I don't think Lyn will even get drafted.

He's our best cover corner (according to the coaches). He's a sure tackler, and finally he started to get some picks late. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get drafted. We shall see.

He's our best cover corner (according to the coaches). He's a sure tackler, and finally he started to get some picks late. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get drafted. We shall see.

Yes, he has a shot. I am certainly not down on Lyn. And I agree, time will tell.

Not sure I recall the staff listing Lyn as the best cover corner. Not saying they did not (link?). It did seem to me that Lyn and Anderson were often targeted, and that Reddish was the best cover corner.

Yes, he has a shot. I am certainly not down on Lyn. And I agree, time will tell.

Not sure I recall the staff listing Lyn as the best cover corner. Not saying they did not (link?). It did seem to me that Lyn and Anderson were often targeted, and that Reddish was the best cover corner.

Was mentioned mid season by Shafer in one of the PS articles (can't find the exact article after a quick look) and again during the Mizzou game by the commentators (which you can hear at the very end of Lyn's highlight tape). I'm assuming they called him the best cover corner after conversation with the staff. In any event, corners are certainly not a problem and assuming nobody bails for an unexmpected reason, it should be a position of strength next year as well.

Was mentioned mid season by Shafer in one of the PS articles (can't find the exact article after a quick look) and again during the Mizzou game by the commentators (which you can hear at the very end of Lyn's highlight tape). I'm assuming they called him the best cover corner after conversation with the staff. In any event, corners are certainly not a problem and assuming nobody bails for an unexmpected reason, it should be a position of strength next year as well.

Would be nice if they acquired some ball skills. Or even the ability to turn and find a ball in the air. Was nice for Lyn to grab the two late interceptions against Temple, but this was not a strong suit for the group.

It is certainly a positive that we're returning everybody from a group that was our best in several seasons, though.

Then why were we so bad at pass defense?

Good depth in the secondary but we need to bring in 2-3 seconary guys this year especially a good young corner that we can redshirt next season. Reddish will be a Jr, Anderson a Sr I think and Lynn will be what a jr/senior?

Shamarko will be difficult, if not impossible, to replace.

I'm not sure some realize how good of a safety shamarko is. Few players have hit harder than him, and the amount of ground he covered for tackles is unmatched. You could hear his hits from the third level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom