Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

I wonder if Buddy committing to SU and playing the same position changed the Battles' mind about SU being a good situation for Khalif.

I wonder if Buddy committing to SU and playing the same position changed the Battles' mind about SU being a good situation for Khalif.

May get use to three guards at times

Khalif Battle is such a different player than Buddy or even Hughes.

Khalif Battle is such a different player than Buddy or even Hughes.
Also, he's class of 2019 - so we got that going for us, which is nice.
Bill_Murray_Caddyshack2.gif

And while we're in a clapping mood :)

Heard a really nice story about Khalif over the summer from a kid who went to St Joe's Metuchen with him. Knew both Tyus and Khalif (but thought his name was Kaleb...I didn't have the heart to correct that).
Just like big bro and dad, terrific person, very cool with his classmates. And to top it off which was a huge surprise to me at the time -- did NOT have nice things to say about Karl Anthony Towns. Was a real jerk to this guy's friend. Wouldn't sign something for a classmate, said something like "I have more important things to do". Anywho, I really thought Towns was a class act, so this was a big surprise.

So this lifeguard kid I know stuck up for his friend and confronted Towns, high five from me! More to the story, but the general idea was the whole Battle family was awesome. Btw, I do realize most of this is not breaking news!

I know nada but just get the vibe he wants to do his own thing. Not to mention we will have Hughes, Buddy, Goodine and Im sure others still around

This was why I was caught off guard with the Goodine, out of nowhere commitment and didn't understand the Hughes transfer. Seems to put us in a bad place for Battle or future guards in general. Also, before anyone takes a jab at me that I'm complaining that the coaches don't know what they're doing - I am not. I know they know more about both basketball and talent evaluating than me and I will take the ride with them on this decision. Maybe the coaches know more about Kahlif's plans than the rest of us and they are acting appropriately based on that information. All I can say is that, in my estimation, back court is looking crowded for 2019. Maybe they think of him as a wing? Maybe they don't care about the crowding? Maybe they just think it isn't crowded at all.

FWIW - Goodine was looking really nice in a short clip posted in another thread, starting to see why locking him up early was smart

This was why I was caught off guard with the Goodine, out of nowhere commitment and didn't understand the Hughes transfer. Seems to put us in a bad place for Battle or future guards in general. Also, before anyone takes a jab at me that I'm complaining that the coaches don't know what they're doing - I am not. I know they know more about both basketball and talent evaluating than me and I will take the ride with them on this decision. Maybe the coaches know more about Kahlif's plans than the rest of us and they are acting appropriately based on that information. All I can say is that, in my estimation, back court is looking crowded for 2019. Maybe they think of him as a wing? Maybe they don't care about the crowding? Maybe they just think it isn't crowded at all.

FWIW - Goodine was looking really nice in a short clip posted in another thread, starting to see why locking him up early was smart
And what thread did you see Goodine in?

Didn’t we take goodine as a PG?

I just hope we are showing Khalif he's a priority like the Battles are seeking. That's it. If Khalif goes elsewhere so be it.

Do we have a potential scholly for another guard in 2019? If we get four this year, we'll have 11 if no one leaves. Subtract Battle and one TBD, that leaves nine. Goodine is on board, gotta get a center. Likely a forward to replace the TBD. That leaves one open. Will it be a SG?

Do we have a potential scholly for another guard in 2019? If we get four this year, we'll have 11 if no one leaves. Subtract Battle and one TBD, that leaves nine. Goodine is on board, gotta get a center. Likely a forward to replace the TBD. That leaves one open. Will it be a SG?

Khalif missed a good chunk of his season because his back got screwed up from growing so much and so quickly. He might not be done yet. Maybe we are thinking of him as a SF. I don't know. In 2019 we will have all 13 scholarships available.

And while we're in a clapping mood :)

Heard a really nice story about Khalif over the summer from a kid who went to St Joe's Metuchen with him. Knew both Tyus and Khalif (but thought his name was Kaleb...I didn't have the heart to correct that).
Just like big bro and dad, terrific person, very cool with his classmates. And to top it off which was a huge surprise to me at the time -- did NOT have nice things to say about Karl Anthony Towns. Was a real jerk to this guy's friend. Wouldn't sign something for a classmate, said something like "I have more important things to do". Anywho, I really thought Towns was a class act, so this was a big surprise.

So this lifeguard kid I know stuck up for his friend and confronted Towns, high five from me! More to the story, but the general idea was the whole Battle family was awesome. Btw, I do realize most of this is not breaking news!

I went to St Joes. Nice story

Pretty sure our making it clear he will be a pg was sending a clear message on priority

I assume Khalif would slide in at the 3, then you have Goodine, Buddy, HW, and Hughes at the 1/2. There's also the kid from Canada, Guerrier. Hopefully we get at least 1 out of 2 between Battle and Guerrier. Our 1-3 spots would look great, then focus on the bigs to put around Sidibe. Wouldn't mind seeing Girard get an offer as well, can never have enough shooters with potential ceiling to be a Gmac type.

I don't think they are going to end up playing the same position. I think Khalif will be a 3.

Yeah he's about to blow up.

I don't think they are going to end up playing the same position. I think Khalif will be a 3.

KB is listed at 6'4" and if accurate that's too small for the 3. Unless the thought is he will grow 2-3" over the next 2 years.

KB is listed at 6'4" and if accurate that's too small for the 3. Unless the thought is he will grow 2-3" over the next 2 years.

Stevie Thompson and Paul Harris beg to differ.
Oh, and Lawrence Moten was 6'5". Don't think that 1" really matters all that much.