Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

Agreed. Can't imagine him not coming here.

Let's lock it up now.

One caveat on him following Tyus would be that the Battle family has a very strong bond and comfort level with Hop that was huge in him coming here. With Hop gone I don't know if that changes things. Maybe it doesn't have too big of an impact at all but something worth considering.

One caveat on him following Tyus would be that the Battle family has a very strong bond and comfort level with Hop that was huge in him coming here. With Hop gone I don't know if that changes things. Maybe it doesn't have too big of an impact at all but something worth considering.

There are both advantages and disadvantages IMO. Like I noted early in the thread, there doesn't need to be a big sales job or recruitment. Khalif and the Battle's will likely already know if they want him at SU or do not. I expect Tyus to have a big season and get drafted which is the ultimate goal.

There are both advantages and disadvantages IMO. Like I noted early in the thread, there doesn't need to be a big sales job or recruitment. Khalif and the Battle's will likely already know if they want him at SU or do not. I expect Tyus to have a big season and get drafted which is the ultimate goal.

Great point, they already know what the program will have to offer for better or worse so it removes most ambiguity. I worry that with Hop removed from the picture the profile of the staff's lack of perimeter help surrounding Tyus and other behind the scenes factors aren't as appealing.

I think Tyus gets drafted and is a great player next year but I also think there's probably going to be times he has pretty rough nights and frustrations as product of being the only perimeter play maker on the roster in its current make up. There's going to be a ton of pressure and defensive focus on him every game next season.

Well the good news is in all likelihood tyus will be a lottery pick before Khalif is even a senior. That should help us immensely.

Truly believe Tyus has the potential to develop into a top 8 pick this year. Developing him into a top 20 pick and maintaining a relationship with the family is the best route to go. Gotta believe its hard not to idolize your big brother and not want to follow his steps.

I assume we are all over Khalif correct? I mean dad used to love us and assume nothing has happened to change that, or was dad a Hopkins guy? Khalif is gonna shoot up the rankings.

Well the good news is in all likelihood tyus will be a lottery pick before Khalif is even a senior. That should help us immensely.
Is there a history of brothers following one another It seams to me the younger ones want to find their own way outside brothers shadow. The Grant brothers are an example.

Is there a history of brothers following one another It seams to me the younger ones want to find their own way outside brothers shadow. The Grant brothers are an example.

That's always a possibility as well. May want to make his own mark on a different school.

His athleticism looks so effortless. I know he has, and is putting in hard work though. Would be a huge get.