Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

I think hop wants to stick it to us. And btw as great as hop is it's still Washington and we are still syracuse. If he wants to play in the top conference in the country against the best competition he goes to Syracuse.

I wouldn't blame or be mad at Hop if he wants to stick it to us. That's sports. Everyone wants to do well against their old team.

Last edited:
As great as hop is...just a few months ago most of the board didn't want him coaching us.
I still don't. Where was he while we were recruiting Green? He did nothing to get him to stay with SU, especially after a year and a half catering to every one of his whims. His recruiting doesn't scare me, what scares me is the lack of good recruiters, maybe other than maybe "Red".

I still don't. Where was he while we were recruiting Green? He did nothing to get him to stay with SU, especially after a year and a half catering to every one of his whims. His recruiting doesn't scare me, what scares me is the lack of good recruiters, maybe other than maybe "Red".
How do you know this?

I bolded what I was talking about. Read it again.

I think Griffin will prove to be a good recruiter and Red is definitely a good recruiter.

I bolded what I was talking about. Read it again.
I'm not a Calipari fan by no means but he closes deals, I have read on how Hop is a super recruiter, well we ALL know he was involved with Green's recruitment and that we had been on him for 1-1/2 yrs. And how many times did Green step foot on our campus? I may have been to much by saying he did nothing, but he sure didn't close the deal here. When most every BB service out there predicted that Green was coming to SU. We have lost way to many good recruits lately that we should be getting especially the last year or so. "Drain the Dome" jmo

I'm not a Calipari fan by no means but he closes deals, I have read on how Hop is a super recruiter, well we ALL know he was involved with Green's recruitment and that we had been on him for 1-1/2 yrs. And how many times did Green step foot on our campus? I may have been to much by saying he did nothing, but he sure didn't close the deal here. When most every BB service out there predicted that Green was coming to SU. We have lost way to many good recruits lately that we should be getting especially the last year or so. "Drain the Dome" jmo
We haven't closed the deal on tons of great talent over the years. It happens. You can't kidnap a kid and make him commit.

I think our recruiting has changed quite a bit in now we know JB will be the coach for next few years. Maybe the misses we saw the last few tears will start to be less now that the recruits know there will be stability in HC!

Other than Red? Ah, Griff just got us Bazley. And we could have another griff recruit, top 50 guard Jones if we wanted.

I think our recruiting has changed quite a bit in now we know JB will be the coach for next few years. Maybe the misses we saw the last few tears will start to be less now that the recruits know there will be stability in HC!

For the kids who want to play for JB, yeah. How about the ones who want nothing to do with JB or his system? The number of those kids is far from anemic. Several have been vocal about not wanting to play zone-only. Factor in JB's age too. Some kids will be thrilled to play for JB. It's not clear whether JB being here for five more years helps us or hurts us. We just got Bazley, so he must be one kid who's looking forward to playing for JB.

Last edited:
I just want to further say that Hopkins what he is doing right now is gutless. I think going after the same guys as we do shows how he wants to destroy Syracuse basketball.

For the kids who want to play for JB, yeah. How about the ones who want nothing to do with JB or his system? The number of those kids is far from anemic. Several have been vocal about not wanting to play zone-only. Factor in JB's age too. Some kids will be thrilled to play for JB. It's not clear whether JB being here for five more years help us or hurts us. We just got Bazley, so he must be one kid who's looking forward to playing for JB.
Boeheims the chick we brought to the dance. There's no dodging it as it is what it is. The top elites don't want zone but many recruits grow up Orange fans and that's our niche. Lydon and Moyer current examples. I think we are righting the boat and getting Carey will provide smooth sailing. Man that's corney

I just want to further say that Hopkins what he is doing right now is gutless. I think going after the same guys as we do shows how he wants to destroy Syracuse basketball.

Ha. This post is amazingly bad.

Hop has built a network of relationships. He's also been recruiting certain kids for years. You think he should just cut off those ties. And even if what you are saying were true, here's the solution: Beat him.

Hop is very close to Gary Battle and has known both Battle kids for years. Gary is thrilled his son has been offered by Syracuse AND Washington. I'm sure Khalif is too.

We really need a dislike button.

Mike Hopkins is responsible for the success of the University of Washington basketball program. He should use every resource he has to ensure the success of his program. It is only natural that his resources overlap with Syracuse's, as he was a part of this program for so long. Anyone that thinks it is personal lacks logic and reason.

That's totally ridiculous. He is just using the contacts he has at this point. You wouldn't try to be successful if you became a head coach of a program?

I liked your post just so I could hit the Unlike button. This is in the running for worst post of the year (that includes ones on the off-topic forum).

That's totally ridiculous. He is just using the contacts he has at this point. You wouldn't try to be successful if you became a head coach of a program?

I wouldn't try to sabotage the school that gave him the opportunity he had in the first place. I consider what he is doing to be tasteless. I can't have an opinion

I liked your post just so I could hit the Unlike button. This is in the running for worst post of the year (that includes ones on the off-topic forum).
I never said hop didn't give his heart and soul to the university either. You make me out to sound like a villain. I just want to understand his thought process seeing as he is thousands of miles away and seems to be targeting only Syracuse players