Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

Between all of this Hopkins talk and Lil Trump's emails, I think my head is going to explode.

Other than Red? Ah, Griff just got us Bazley. And we could have another griff recruit, top 50 guard Jones if we wanted.

JB really not like Jones game? Has to be a reason he doesn't want to offer Jones. What's your opinion?

JB really not like Jones game? Has to be a reason he doesn't want to offer Jones. What's your opinion?

Jones apparently didn't shoot the ball that well this summer, so despite the national ranking his struggles may have caused the coaching staff to cool on him a bit. With Hughes [and potentially Buddy] in the fold, Jones sounds like more of a plan B at this point.

Jones apparently didn't shoot the ball that well this summer, so despite the national ranking his struggles may have caused the coaching staff to cool on him a bit. With Hughes [and potentially Buddy] in the fold, Jones sounds like more of a plan B at this point.

I think people keep forgetting that Hughes is basically part of the 2018 class and he's a wing we get to train in the system for a season. We have a wing and a forward in Hughes and Bazley. Buddy is a shooter, PG and a big are now the needs.

Jones has really struggled. In looking at the last 2 classes with Brissett, MD, Baze, Hughes, Sidibe, it looks like a trend away from recruiting length and athleticism to fit the zone and more about finding players with offensive skill sets who are also long.

Jones would be a step backward, IMO.

Jones has really struggled. In looking at the last 2 classes with Brissett, MD, Baze, Hughes, Sidibe, it looks like a trend away from recruiting length and athleticism to fit the zone and more about finding players with offensive skill sets who are also long.

Jones would be a step backward, IMO.

...a welcome change.

I am pleased we offered the next young Turk in the Battle clan! Certainly, the bloodlines are strong and Khalif is growing, both as a player and in physical stature. I would like to see him follow his brother and wear Syracuse Orange!

My point is he is waisting valuable time recruiting his own area. As his east coast connections dry up over time he is losing out on how to recruit the west. Let's see how he coaches this year shall we?

He has a 20 year track record of success and relationships. It isn't going to dry up magically and with him running a program it's possible they get stronger as he's the one that is backing up the promises that he's making now.

I really think Hop is going to be extremely successful out there.

Really? No offense, but that's just weird
Why is it weird. I love Syracuse basketball and where Syracuse stuff just about everywhere I go. All of my close friends are big Husky football fans and we tailgate and go to the games. It is one of the only way that we can see each other consistently since we all are married with kids.

Well, when I said "can't", it was more of a suggestion. :D
Live look in at AZOrange:
12bd128898c8b8097de90fac612584ff_lethal_weapon_philadelphia.jpg

it will all depend on the quality of Tyus' time at Syracuse. if he & his family love what he experiences here, that should overcome or at least nullify the personal connection with Hop

Why not establish and nurture something that is your own and not Ride the coat tails of the past? Once the well dries in the northeast what will he do?
Anything goes in love and war