Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

If they get better they will be. All of their games are on the PAC 12 network locally. Once he is out here for 2-3 years there will be a west recruiting focus. Right now he knows the kids he knows and has relationships with the people he does. He hasn't taken anyone from us. We passed on Naz Carter and cooled off on Wright. Syracuse games are on at 4pm here and I don't know about you but I'm not home from work at 4pm. It's called DVR. Next year if USC is playing Zona in the desert and it starts at 10pm and both teams are in the top 10 I think kids will probably still watch it.

This the Khalif Battle thread, so the point isn't whether they are on TV locally. It's whether the boyz back home in Jersey can see him play on TV and well, really, whether you have national TV exposure.

Chances he blows up soon? Especially after his brother shoots up the draft boards and starts grabbing national attention.

Great interview with Gary Battle. Definitely worth a listen.

Here are some highlights...
- Pronounce his name: K-lif
- Possibility. Good chance with Syracuse but still very early in process
- Talks Hop/Washington
- Gary is all Orange
- Talks man-to-man and zone and how Tyus is an elite defender but doesn't feel it will hurt him. Lot of man-to-man principles in the zone. Easy transition to next level.
- Fully supports JB
- Syracuse is the best program in the country-- fan support, like a pro team, best talent, become a pro, education.

- Talks Hop/Washington
- Gary is all Orange
- Talks man-to-man and zone and how Tyus is an elite defender but doesn't feel it will hurt him. Lot of man-to-man principles in the zone. Easy transition to next level.
- Fully supports JB
- Syracuse is the best program in the country-- fan support, like a pro team, best talent, become a pro, education.

Sounds favorable Syracuse by this snippets. Going to listen now. Thanks!

- Talks Hop/Washington
- Gary is all Orange
- Fully supports JB

God bless Gary Battle.

Great interview by Mike L and Gary. I stand by everything I've said, Gary is a great and proud dad. Has respect for Hop and could be a factor, and the kid sounds like Syracuses to lose. Let's get this kid signed. Love our chances for him.

- Talks Hop/Washington
- Gary is all Orange
- Fully supports JB

One of the best, if not the best, interviews I've ever heard. Especially of a parent. Such a contrast to Ball.