Kickoff times set for WMU (6:00), Wagner (3:30), FSU (Noon), and Louisville (7:00) | Syracusefan.com

Kickoff times set for WMU (6:00), Wagner (3:30), FSU (Noon), and Louisville (7:00)

Noon for FSU blows but everything else looks good.
It is a real shame the Wagner and FSU games will not be played at night.

I guess the sauna like settings will make us appreciate the AC even more, when it finally arrives.

I'd rather play FSU at noon on national TV than at 4 or 7 on a regional network.

It'll make it that much more gratifying when we win.

I hate the 3:30 starts. Pretty much guaranteed the game is going to absorb the entire day (2+ hr ride out), pregame, incredibly long game (they all are), then ride back. At least with the nooners i get my evening, and with the evening games, i get a health chunk of the morning to do whatever.

I hate the 3:30 starts. Pretty much guaranteed the game is going to absorb the entire day (2+ hr ride out), pregame, incredibly long game (they all are), then ride back. At least with the nooners i get my evening, and with the evening games, i get a health chunk of the morning to do whatever.
It must've been such a chore back in the 90s when we had all those 3:30 starts on ABC.

If we're top 25 good again, you won't care diddly what the start time is.

espn family still has noon slots( 12 ,330, 7 and 1030 most weeks) usually most go to AAC OR BIG TEN or Sec

Thought the ACC was out of the noon slots. I thought that 12:30 was the earliest start window for conference games. Doesn;t sound like much but that extra half hour really impacts tailgating for out of towners.

RSN games start at 12:30. National games start at Noon.

Thought the ACC was out of the noon slots. I thought that 12:30 was the earliest start window for conference games. Doesn;t sound like much but that extra half hour really impacts tailgating for out of towners.

Thats only for ACC regional games on the ACC network.

It must've been such a chore back in the 90s when we had all those 3:30 starts on ABC.

If we're top 25 good again, you won't care diddly what the start time is.

Of course I will care; I will always have a preference. The 3:30 time is not going to stop me from going though. The 90s are irrelevant to me as I was just a kid.

But I can tell you i am exactly who SU should be trying to please (forgive the selfishness). I live in the Capital District where there is a substantial population of Syracuse basketball fans, and a very divided fan base when it comes to pro sports give the equal proximity to the City and Boston. My wife and I are both alums. We make a good living. And we have two boys who are being cultivated to be fans (and maybe even students some day, probably paying close to full freight).

My weekends are precious. My wife and I both work in high-stress jobs. We have already made the decision to sacrifice Saturday fall sports in order to attend games. Like most fans, we only have so much resources (time and $) to devote. There is always a tipping point. For now, SU is in the lead.

Clearly W.Mich is going to be a night game being Friday. What are the chances we get televised?

Of course I will care; I will always have a preference. The 3:30 time is not going to stop me from going though. The 90s are irrelevant to me as I was just a kid.

But I can tell you i am exactly who SU should be trying to please (forgive the selfishness). I live in the Capital District where there is a substantial population of Syracuse basketball fans, and a very divided fan base when it comes to pro sports give the equal proximity to the City and Boston. My wife and I are both alums. We make a good living. And we have two boys who are being cultivated to be fans (and maybe even students some day, probably paying close to full freight).

My weekends are precious. My wife and I both work in high-stress jobs. We have already made the decision to sacrifice Saturday fall sports in order to attend games. Like most fans, we only have so much resources (time and $) to devote. There is always a tipping point. For now, SU is in the lead.

SU doesn't make game start time decisions.

Agree, that 30 minutes seems like 2 hours from the parking lot! Lol. I think the 1230 ACC kick is only for ACC network kicks? National games can slot into the noon time.

Come on my friend , lighten up. I am in the capital district too, so i can relate with game day logistics. Fact of the matter is, noon and 330 kicks consume the entire saturday. Noon kick and best estimated time of arrival home (ETAH) 800 PM. day is shot, too late for dinner with friends/family , kids in bed soon. 330 ETAH 11 pm. Right to bed, up at a reasonable time in Sunday and productive. 7 pm kicks I have done as kamikaze runs ETAH 2-3 am. Sunday kinda shot. Getting a room in cuse for these games and in bed by midnight and a solid 7-8 hrs of sleep. ETAH by 11 on Sunday and boom, very capable of an energetic and productive day.

Come on man! Can't complain about kick times. As a tailgater and fan looking for the most fandom and support for DINO and the squad; the noon kicks dont support that. Seems like 330 should make alot of people happy:)

the reality is that tail gating at SU is for about 1-2K and the rest dont care that pre/post game time is cut into. I also wonder how many come from even an hour away , again its probably a small perc..

but TV doesnt care about any of that anyway

Noon FSU is a bummer. Planning on making that trip, was hoping for 3:30 or later. Those Saturday hangovers require recovery time. But another hair of the dog game I guess.

Anyone have any early guesses as to the UConn start time? As always, hoping for a mid afternoon start as it makes my drive up from NJ that morning slightly less ass crack of dawn-ish...

Being that's its uconn 1230 or 330 depending on TV choices that week.

Edit saw the amount of acc controlled games that week I'd lean 330 acc xtra

Last edited:
the reality is that tail gating at SU is for about 1-2K and the rest dont care that pre/post game time is cut into. I also wonder how many come from even an hour away , again its probably a small perc..

but TV doesnt care about any of that anyway

Think you are vastly underrating the tailgate culture at Syracuse. Tough to really get a handle on it since it is so decentralized. Our Fine Mess group routinely feeds 125 and we've peaked at an estimated 175. We're not Penn State or LSU but I would guess that at least 20 - 25% of fans who attend regularly participate in some type of pre game event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom