Kidd joining Knicks | Syracusefan.com

Kidd joining Knicks

cto

Administrator
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-guard-jason-kidd-agrees-deal-new-york-knicks

I'm a big Jason Kidd fan, and I think this would be a great move for the Knicks. I like Kidd's comment about wanting to mentor Jeremy Lin.

I know someone will make the obligatory response here citing a long-ago unfortunate incident regarding Kidd. However, as one who got to know Jason at the 2008 Olympics, I think he would be a steadying influence for both the Knicks and Jeremy. He was without question the team leader and best-liked player on the 2008 Olympic team.

application.pdf

CTO, we call "that" a long ago unfortunate incident now? Sorry. I don't.

CTO, we call "that" a long ago unfortunate incident now? Sorry. I don't.
I know the guy, and you don't. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Everyone is also entitled to a chance at redemption.

I'm in the dark about this incident. Details?

I know the guy, and you don't. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Everyone is also entitled to a chance at redemption.
Dick Ebersol said the same exact thing about O.J. No kidding. The topic of the post wasn't about redemption. Rather, is seemed that anyone who thought less of this bully, was somehow wrong. I'm very happy he was nice to you. A lot of bad guys are nice to some people. I wouldn't root for the guy. But that's just me. And you are right, I don't know him. But you know who I do know, woman that have been abused by bullies.

You know jersey chasers who married multi-million dollar athletes?

If CTO knows him...he couldn't be bad. Gonna be a great mentor for Lin and Melo.

I met Jason almost three years ago when he spent time with a friend of mine who was suffering from inoperable brain cancer. He is a good guy and was gracious and humble with all of us. Everyone F's up in life, and everyone has a choice to be accountable and better themselves. Jason seems to be someone who learned from his lack of judgment and is a better person for it.

It'll be fun to see him in NYC.

This is a retread of a common theme. If you're a 'friend' of CTO, your sins are absolved. If not, well, then you're subject to objective assessment of your misdeeds and transgressions. That's how a good president rolls out the final days of his term. Pardoning his cronies and ignoring the rabble.

That said, i think he'll have a positive effect on the team, and on Carmelo. I just hope they keep Lin, because Kidd isn't going to play that many minutes.

This is a retread of a common theme. If you're a 'friend' of CTO, your sins are absolved. If not, well, then you're subject to objective assessment of your misdeeds and transgressions. That's how a good president rolls out the final days of his term. Pardoning his cronies and ignoring the rabble.
Wow. What did I ever do to you? I happen to know Jason Kidd, and I happen to genuinely like him. If I were not such a techno-klutz, the picture I tried to include in my original post might have worked (It was a picture of me and him, with me wearing his Gold Medal in Beijing). I've had an amazing and blessed life, and I have been fortunate to know a lot of people. I generally hesitate to share stories here, because I am always afraid of getting a reaction like yours. That is why I did not post, for example, that I sat next to Bill Clinton at the Big East Tourney and next to Joe Biden at one of the NCAA games in Pittsburgh. Maybe I should just continue not posting stuff like that.

Wow. What did I ever do to you? I happen to know Jason Kidd, and I happen to genuinely like him. If I were not such a techno-klutz, the picture I tried to include in my original post might have worked (It was a picture of me and him, with me wearing his Gold Medal in Beijing). I've had an amazing and blessed life, and I have been fortunate to know a lot of people. I generally hesitate to share stories here, because I am always afraid of getting a reaction like yours. That is why I did not post, for example, that I sat next to Bill Clinton at the Big East Tourney and next to Joe Biden at one of the NCAA games in Pittsburgh. Maybe I should just continue not posting stuff like that.
C'mon CTO, don't let to that clown get to you. The board regulars here love you and all the stuff you share. I personally love reading your posts because you get to go and see things that 99% of us will never see involving Syracuse basketball. You make this board better.

That said, i think he'll have a positive effect on the team, and on Carmelo. I just hope they keep Lin, because Kidd isn't going to play that many minutes.

4 poll choices for you sir:

a.) you had a shitty 4th
b.) you are drunk
c.) you are somehow, some freaking way a GTown fan
d.) you are Mark Schwartz

C'mon CTO, don't let to that clown get to you. The board regulars here love you and all the stuff you share. I personally love reading your posts because you get to go and see things that 99% of us will never see involving Syracuse basketball. You make this board better.
Agree with your entire post. She tries to share good things and you get internet a**holes like zonk that get their rocks off banging the the keyboard in the bathroom!

I dont know jason kidd and will probably never meet him but if 50 people told me they had bad experiences with him , id still give him a chance to get to know him. Most of the time people take other peoples words about people they dont like and go with it, im not one of them.

I'm in the dark about this incident. Details?

Wikipedia:

In January 2001, Jason Kidd was arrested and pleaded guilty to a domestic abuse charge for assaulting his wife Joumana in anger. As part of his plea, Kidd was ordered to attend anger management classes for six months. Kidd completed the mandatory counseling and continued to attend on his own, and it was reported that Kidd had given up alcohol. He and his wife were both active in their church and were thought to have completely reconciled. On January 9, 2007, Jason Kidd filed for divorce against his wife, citing "extreme cruelty" during their relationship. Kidd contended intense jealousy, paranoia, and the threat of "false domestic abuse claims" to the police as reasons for the divorce. On February 15, 2007 Joumana Kidd filed a counterclaim for divorce,[25] claiming that the NBA star—among countless instances of abuse—"broke her rib and damaged her hearing by smashing her head into the console of a car". The couple have three children (Trey Jason (T.J.), and twins Miah and Jazelle).[26]

I dont know jason kidd and will probably never meet him but if 50 people told me they had bad experiences with him , id still give him a chance to get to know him. Most of the time people take other peoples words about people they dont like and go with it, im not one of them.
This isn't about "people taking other people's words about people they don't like." It's about how people today view certain things that happened during an earlier period of Kidd's life. And we're all entitled to have our own opinions on the subject.

Im certainly glad im not in the public eye because I am a completely different person than I was 10 years ago. Im thankful that I can make mistakes and change without people holding it over me for the rest of my life.

Im certainly glad im not in the public eye because I am a completely different person than I was 10 years ago. Im thankful that I can make mistakes and change without people holding it over me for the rest of my life.

I do hear that, but i think there are some things that maybe should stick with you forever. If he really did hit his wife; well; I dunno about that.

Edit: I'd also add to that; I don't know how old you are; but aside from my original point, there is a difference in maturing 10 years between say the ages of 18 and 28 (which is how old I am), and 28 and 38 (Kidd's age).

Wikipedia:

In January 2001, Jason Kidd was arrested and pleaded guilty to a domestic abuse charge for assaulting his wife Joumana in anger. As part of his plea, Kidd was ordered to attend anger management classes for six months. Kidd completed the mandatory counseling and continued to attend on his own, and it was reported that Kidd had given up alcohol. He and his wife were both active in their church and were thought to have completely reconciled. On January 9, 2007, Jason Kidd filed for divorce against his wife, citing "extreme cruelty" during their relationship. Kidd contended intense jealousy, paranoia, and the threat of "false domestic abuse claims" to the police as reasons for the divorce. On February 15, 2007 Joumana Kidd filed a counterclaim for divorce,[25] claiming that the NBA star—among countless instances of abuse—"broke her rib and damaged her hearing by smashing her head into the console of a car". The couple have three children (Trey Jason (T.J.), and twins Miah and Jazelle).[26]

Thank you. I guess when I read the first few posts it seemed like there was more of a connection to SU somewhere in there.

Sounds like these two had a seriously messed up relationship that included Jason making some really bad choices. But sometimes couples are like that. If he did those things that she alleged, then he should have been made to pay more than he did.

I do hear that, but i think there are some things that maybe should stick with you forever. If he really did hit his wife; well; I dunno about that.
So is that the "unforgivable sin"? He can never change? Hes still a woman beating monster? It is NEVER right to hit a woman but im not going to try to act like I know what went on in their relationship and he got counseling, seems to be a decent guy nowadays and it was 10 years ago. If what I heard is correct she wasnt exactly a saint...

People hate Chris Brown because of the Rihanna situation and he should have never hit her, that is indefensible but according to anyone who is close to the two parties, Rihanna cheated on him and as a result gave him "the gift that keeps on giving". You never know what is going on in these situations.

Again, im ABSOLUTELY not defending laying a hand on a woman but if you dont know what truly went on and are so perfect in your own right that you always hold an incident over someone then I suggest you read Matthew 7-3.

Bad (desperate) move for the Knicks. JKidd is just old. Why don't the Knicks go out and see if Walt Frazier is still available?

So is that the "unforgivable sin"? He can never change? Hes still a woman beating monster? It is NEVER right to hit a woman but im not going to try to act like I know what went on in their relationship and he got counseling, seems to be a decent guy nowadays and it was 10 years ago. If what I heard is correct she wasnt exactly a saint...

I don't know exactly what happened, didn't say it was an unforgivable sin. I do think there are some things that absolutely are unforgivable. I'd say being a habitual woman beater probably is one of those. (Murder, rape, molestation; I'm not trying to take this thread in a different direction but I will say I do find those things unforgivable). But there is a difference between doing something once in the heat of the moment and having a history of doing it. I don't know what happened, you don't know what happened, but it definitely gives me some pause and is something I think about. That's all.

I don't know exactly what happened, didn't say it was an unforgivable sin. I do think there are some things that absolutely are unforgivable. I'd say being a habitual woman beater probably is one of those. (Murder, rape, molestation; I'm not trying to take this thread in a different direction but I will say I do find those things unforgivable). But there is a difference between doing something once in the heat of the moment and having a history of doing it. I don't know what happened, you don't know what happened, but it definitely gives me some pause and is something I think about. That's all.
What I said wasnt necessarily directed at you but more to the overall tone of this thread. I believe in forgiveness and the idea that people can and do change. If public perception never allows you to change who you used to be or mistakes you made, then imo that is a bad reflection on our society.

What I said wasnt necessarily directed at you but more to the overall tone of this thread. I believe in forgiveness and the idea that people can and do change. If public perception never allows you to change who you used to be or mistakes you made, then imo that is a bad reflection on our society.

Ok, I follow, and I do in general absolutely believe what you are saying.

Can we get back to the Knciks then? Why would Houston make that last year a team option for Lin>