Knicks vs Heat | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks vs Heat

Who ya got?

• Knicks

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Heat

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
People who are trying to console themselves with conspiracy theories and whining about poor reffing are in denial (let alone, sounding like 17-year-0ld kids calling a sports radio show).

That's not taking the low road???

It was 30-29 and then the Heat went on a 13-0 run. Seven of the first ten points came from the free throw line. The Heat had ten free throw attempts in that span and the Knicks had zero. Davis, Stoudemire and Chandler were all called for offensive fouls and all picked up their third fouls. Davis and Stoudemire picked up two fouls a piece during that stretch. The Heat were called for three fouls total, with the last two coming on back-to-back plays when it was already 40-29 (obvious make-up calls).

Anthony finally ended the run with his first made field goal, the Heat shot and made two more free throws, and then Chandler was called for the flagrant (resulting in five more points). That was the ballgame.

So you had about a five-minute stretch where the Heat turned a 30-29 game into a 50-31 game, with every point manufactured by the refs except one three-pointer by Battier and another one by Miller (both of which came after offensive foul calls on the Knicks).

And for those who are wondering, the Knicks had eight turnovers during the run. Four of them were offensive fouls. One was a traveling (yes, traveling) call on Stoudemire. The other three were steals (translating to four points, all free throws).
Your arguments are always so funny to read because they're so flawed and creative. The Heat didn't get 5 points on the flagrant, they got 2 from the foul shots. It was an offensive foul on Chandler and Heat would've got the ball anyways. Stoudemire spun and switched pivot feet. He immediately dropped the ball and ran down the floor because he and everyone knew he traveled. The Battier charge was questionable as he looked to still be moving but the other charges were legit. Heat players were in position along the circle and Knicks players drove into them. That's the rule. You can't just use every call that went against the Knicks was a bad call. Were some of them bad calls, no doubt about. JR Smith I thought was fouled on one drive and nothing was called. But by your argument you're saying every foul on the Knicks was incorrect and the Heat committed many fouls that weren't called. I don't think that was the case.

I watched the first 3 quarters again this morning when I was up with the chickens... I only saw 3 fouls that I really said, "they could have swallowed the whistle there". The others seemed pretty legit. The Knicks were pushing and trying to be "tough", but it was not under control. They were flailing and putting their arms out. You are going to get called for those every time. JR Smith and Chandler completely lost their composure.

Lebron might have sold a couple calls... doesn't every player do that? I see it every night watching pro hoops. Its part of the game today. Ever watch Kobe or D Rose go to the hole? You'd think they get whip lash everytime they miss a shot... because they try to get a whistle.

It's not just what is called. It's also what isn't called.

LBJFlop1.gif

bron2.gif

1365838_o.gif

posterboy of the nba, awesome

Your arguments are always so funny to read because they're so flawed and creative. The Heat didn't get 5 points on the flagrant, they got 2 from the foul shots. It was an offensive foul on Chandler and Heat would've got the ball anyways. Stoudemire spun and switched pivot feet. He immediately dropped the ball and ran down the floor because he and everyone knew he traveled. The Battier charge was questionable as he looked to still be moving but the other charges were legit. Heat players were in position along the circle and Knicks players drove into them. That's the rule. You can't just use every call that went against the Knicks was a bad call. Were some of them bad calls, no doubt about. JR Smith I thought was fouled on one drive and nothing was called. But by your argument you're saying every foul on the Knicks was incorrect and the Heat committed many fouls that weren't called. I don't think that was the case.

My argument is that the Knicks were called for everything on both sides of the floor, while the Heat weren't called for anything. By focusing on whether or not they were good calls, you're missing the point.

Watching Manu Ginobili... now, this is a guy who has the art of the flop down to a science. Wow. He obviously watches too much futbol.

The sad thing is that the haters are just warming up for when the Heat win the title. No matter what happens they will never acknowledge that Lebron MIGHT BE a great player. It will just be " the games are fixed, crooked refs, etc."

THIRTY THREE points. Yeah, the refs really stole that one!

The sad thing is that the haters are just warming up for when the Heat win the title. No matter what happens they will never acknowledge that Lebron MIGHT BE a great player. It will just be " the games are fixed, crooked refs, etc."

testify!

I expected Melo to take more heat for a 3-15 game. I'm glad our guy flies under the national scrutiny radar.

If Lebron went 3-15 in a 33 pt loss, I can't imagine what the internet would be like today.

He's the most talented player in the league, he's already a Hall of Famer, and when his career is over he will be considered one of the top five to have ever played the game.

Having said that, you would think - based on his greatness - he could win a title without help from the refs and without needing to take the easy road in Miami. So don't get it twisted. Few are questioning whether or not he's a great player. We're questioning whether or not he's a winner.

One last thing: You're saying that after getting the score to 30-29, the Knicks simply went into a foul-happy meltdown? That's your story?

Omg! That second one with Chandler is so bad haha!

The one with Chandler, I was seriously worried for Lebron at first. It was such a massive selljob. Then 30 seconds later he is at the line, shooting FT, and he's fine. So yeah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom