Class of 2017 - Kwe Parker to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Kwe Parker to Rutgers

Where does he go to school, and how do we make sure that Hop and Co get on this kid. This kid jumps like hes on a trampoline, and his step back jumper is ridiculous.

I mean

The kid screams one and done regardless of basketball skill. He will be a human highlight reel.

The kid can fly. Throw it up and do a 360 windmill? That is nuts. I would love to see a full game of his to see how his game is though

You. Got. To. B. Kidding!

Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't watched it myself. Kid simply defies gravity. SMH!~
Here's a 2nd helping:

espn has him at 6'2" 165, as well as the 51st best player in the class of '16.
The kid has off the charts athleticism. If he develops his ball handling and outside shot, it is hard to imagine him not being a top ten player.

He goes by Kwe for short and is in the 2016 class. Always had ridiculous athleticism but the major knock before this year was that his overall game was lacking for a guard. He has made improvements in that department now but since he had played for a non sponsored AAU team, he didn't get the exposure to be seen nationally and is still pretty much undervalued in the rankings. Currently has lower tier ACC offers such as Wake, Va Tech, and Clemson. I expect that to change as time goes along.

He goes by Kwe for short and is in the 2016 class. Always had ridiculous athleticism but the major knock before this year was that his overall game was lacking for a guard. He has made improvements in that department now but since he had played for a non sponsored AAU team, he didn't get the exposure to be seen nationally and is still pretty much undervalued in the rankings. Currently has lower tier ACC offers such as Wake, Va Tech, and Clemson. I expect that to change as time goes along.
That is kind of what I was expecting. I think anybody that has watched enough of these highlight videos can tell when a kid is probably more athlete than skilled basketball player at this point. A hundred awesome dunks (which I love btw), with one jump shot and one spastic dribble move that doesn't produce anything. I hope this kid is developing the ball handling and jump shot to match his unbelievable athleticism, because he would be one hell of a player.

Do you think he will be looked at as an SU level player "in time?" We all know JB wants kids in the fold early. If he was a 2017 kid, I'd think his chances are better, especially since we don't seem to have IDed targets for that class yet, where as in 2016 we have Moyer and seem to be looking hard at Murray and Keita.

Do you think he will be looked at as an SU level player "in time?" We all know JB wants kids in the fold early. If he was a 2017 kid, I'd think his chances are better, especially since we don't seem to have IDed targets for that class yet, where as in 2016 we have Moyer and seem to be looking hard at Murray and Keita.
I do. He seems to have made the necessary adjustments and improvements in his overall play this summer in the circuit. I think at this point next year he'll become a consensus top 50 player and have bigger offers from ACC and SEC schools. I read recently Danny Manning has made him a priority to keep in NC and land him at Wake.

I think back to Dwayne Polee went to st johns and now is stuck on san diego state. Great athleticism but give me someone who is well rounded. I would take 3 well rounded go to isolation guys, with 2-3 post up and three point spot up shooters any day of the week.

I think back to Dwayne Polee went to st johns and now is stuck on san diego state. Great athleticism but give me someone who is well rounded. I would take 3 well rounded go to isolation guys, with 2-3 post up and three point spot up shooters any day of the week.

I guess you didn't see SDSU last season. Polee has improved a lot and is now actually a very respectable 3pt shooter. Shot close to 40% on 92 attempts.

He's supposed to be incredibly athletic, but I think his offer list suggest that he is an good athlete playing basketball as opposed to a very athletic basketball player. Among North Carolina's big four, only Wake had been recruiting him, and there were reports that they had backed off. His final four were listed as Rutgers, Clemson, FSU, and Florida, although it appears he never had an offer from UF. Rutgers fans seem ecstatic about the commitment. He may develop into a very good player, and it is easier for the exceptional athlete to acquire basketball skills than for the basketball player to develop elite athleticism, but nonetheless...

He's supposed to be incredibly athletic, but I think his offer list suggest that he is an good athlete playing basketball as opposed to a very athletic basketball player. Among North Carolina's big four, only Wake had been recruiting him, and there were reports that they had backed off. His final four were listed as Rutgers, Clemson, FSU, and Florida, although it appears he never had an offer from UF. Rutgers fans seem ecstatic about the commitment. He may develop into a very good player, and it is easier for the exceptional athlete to acquire basketball skills than for the basketball player to develop elite athleticism, but nonetheless...
He is their first player that can dunk, right?

I've seen this kid both in a dunk contest and in game and all I can say is every time he touched the ball something amazing happened. He's a great showman but has the ability to back it up. His biggest issue is that he is a 6'2 shooting guard, in the half court game he struggled to guard bigger 2Gs. If he was even just 6'4 I think he would be a top 50 player, but as it stands I honestly think Rutgers got a steal here. I feel dirty after typing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom