Kyle McCord QB...

BillSU

All American
His stats passing through 3 games:

OHIO – 354 YDS 4 TDS

GTECH – 381 YDS 4 TDS

STAN - 339 YDS 2 TDS

AVG - 358 YDS / G / TD 3.3 G

GP 3 / RATING 158.76 / COMP 86 / ATT 128 / INT / 3 / % 67.72 / YDS 1, 074 / TD 10

No doubt about it, we have one of one of the best quarterbacks in the nation. Especially when the team is not flat but playing DART ball and his receivers are actually looking at the ball coming at them.

Kyle set us up for the W last night, but our staff allowed their excellent WR to be single covered and our D line and backers stood there, not rushing Daniels, not making him hurry or be sacked. We can do that but the coaches had another plan after they let Stanford re-group, calling our second time out and costing us the win. Duh. At least HC Fran owned that L.

Both the team and staff will move forward correcting our mistakes and blow out Holy Cross and the way it looks now at this very moment perhaps NC State too.

It’s all good, only our third game with everything new, coaches, players, Offensive and Defensive schemes. The way some people attacked the program last night, you’d think we’ve been playing together for years. Gotta give them some time to gel and play like they are supposed to. :)

Last edited:
Good post. I see the big issues to be line play. There are always mistakes or a play or two like Stanford’s 4th down conversion.

Big issues — Can’t run the ball to balance McCord’s passing. DL gets very little pressure. I am not sure those issues can be corrected - hope to see improvement but it seems to be physical talent more than coaching or schemes.

Good post. I see the big issues to be line play. There are always mistakes or a play or two like Stanford’s 4th down conversion.

Big issues — Can’t run the ball to balance McCord’s passing. DL gets very little pressure. I am not sure those issues can be corrected - hope to see improvement but it seems to be physical talent more than coaching or schemes.
The biggest problem on offense is to be able to run the ball. If you need 2 running backs for enough blocking take out Villari, and go with 2 backs. Try to get some speed in the backfield so you can stretch the field to the boundary.
Allen doesn't have the speed to bounce a play outside. The handoff up the middle isn't going to do anything for the run game.

The biggest problem on offense is to be able to run the ball. If you need 2 running backs for enough blocking take out Villari, and go with 2 backs. Try to get some speed in the backfield so you can stretch the field to the boundary.
Allen doesn't have the speed to bounce a play outside. The handoff up the middle isn't going to do anything for the run game.

Do we have a draw play? Or a screen?

He’s great. It sucks he cancelled out Daniel’s picks. And modern college game honestly needs a mobile QB as another RB to open up lanes for them. No more Dome cooking for a bit.

Pretty much no one can make the throws McCord can that’s playing College Football this year. Such a bummer our OL was fabulous vs GT and trash last night. Wideouts have been very good too.

No clue where he gets drafted it’s a total TBD since the NFL likes running QBs but he’s making a roster and will be a backup and worst not just practice squad dude has a gun and puts it where it needs to be.

His stats passing through 3 games:

OHIO – 354 YDS 4 TDS

GTECH – 381 YDS 4 TDS

STAN - 339 YDS 2 TDS

AVG - 358 YDS / G / TD 3.3 G

GP 3 / RATING 158.76 / COMP 86 / ATT 128 / INT / 3 / % 67.72 / YDS 1, 074 / TD 10

No doubt about it, we have one of one of the best quarterbacks in the nation. Especially when the team is not flat but playing DART ball and his receivers are actually looking at the ball coming at them.

Kyle set us up for the W last night, but our staff allowed their excellent WR to be single covered and our D line and backers stood there, not rushing Daniels, making him hurry or be sacked. We can do that but the coaches had another plan after they let Stanford re-group, calling our second time out and costing us the win. Duh. At least HC Fran owned that L.

Both the team and staff will move forward correcting our mistakes and blow out Holy Cross and the way it looks now at this very moment perhaps NC State too.

It’s all good, only our third game with everything new, coaches, players, Offensive and Defensive schemes. The way some people attacked the program last night, you’d think we’ve been playing together for years. Gotta give them some time to gel and play like they are supposed to. :)
Live look-in at the Football board (and the multitude of H0T Takes) today:

1726951691508.gif

To lighten things up a bit.

My wife went to visit her sister out state two weeks ago, so she missed the Georgia Tech game but watched it on tv. During the game she kept talking to her sister about Kyle McCord this and Kyle McCord that. After a bit her sister said to her, "Why do you call him Caramel Corn?" (test it out; it makes sense)

Now, after every great throw, I'm just going to yell out, "Caramel Corn!!"

My wife went to visit her sister out state two weeks ago, so she missed the Georgia Tech game but watched it on tv. During the game she kept talking to her sister about Kyle McCord this and Kyle McCord that. After a bit her sister said to her, "Why do you call him Caramel Corn?" (test it out; it makes sense)

the way the pocket kept collapsing on him and with the defense hitting and squeezing him from both sides after a few beers we came up with Mc'accordian .

Kyle made two bad plays against Stanford and unlike the first two games where he largely got away with them, they were both picked.

But he also lost a long pass against Stanford due to a phantom hold call. And he lost another one in game 1 or 2 due to something similar. So his stats actually would be better if the refs would just get the hell out of the way.

Last edited:
Kyle made two bad plays against Stanford and unlike the first two games where he largely got away with them, they were both picked.

But he also lost a long pass against Stanford due to a phantom good call. And he lost another one in game 1 or 2 due to something similar. So his stats actually would be better if the refs would just get the hell out of the way.

I also thought he started getting happy feet (and rightfully so.)

I also thought he started getting happy feet (and rightfully so.)
He definitely did in the first half and since our law office of Washington and Weatherspoon were asleep (with a little bit of a slumbering Mang in there) it was more than warranted.

But - this could actually be a good thing in the long run if he develops more comfort throwing while rolling out. It’s not all negative.

Seemed last night McCord wasn't as sharp as normal, but still racked up yardage. It also seemed like a lot of mistakes made by the receivers. It would have been nice had OG come to play. He could have been a difference maker but laid an egg. That all said, hopefully they can get back on track against holy cross so that we're ready to roll in vegas.

Seemed last night McCord wasn't as sharp as normal, but still racked up yardage. It also seemed like a lot of mistakes made by the receivers. It would have been nice had OG come to play. He could have been a difference maker but laid an egg. That all said, hopefully they can get back on track against holy cross so that we're ready to roll in vegas.
Hard sometimes when you are getting double teamed a lot of the time.

I can't unhear it now.

We really only ran in bunch with villari and mang and it was terrible. If we r gonna tell them we r running the ball bring in cruz both so we have a 7 man line who will actually hit someone.

We really only ran in bunch with villari and mang and it was terrible. If we r gonna tell them we r running the ball bring in cruz both so we have a 7 man line who will actually hit someone.
We've done it all season, we telegraph when we are going to run by our personel. I don't know the percentages but it seems like only a couple times a running play was called with villari on the bench.
I noticed it during the tech game. If I noticed it after 2 games I'm sure the stanford couching staff did. I was thinking that was what led to the one interception because they were trying to exploit that stanford wasn't expecting villain to go down field

We've done it all season, we telegraph when we are going to run by our personel. I don't know the percentages but it seems like only a couple times a running play was called with villari on the bench.
I noticed it during the tech game. If I noticed it after 2 games I'm sure the stanford couching staff did. I was thinking that was what led to the one interception because they were trying to exploit that stanford wasn't expecting villain to go down field
Didn't look like Villari expected to catch a pass either!!

Agree completely. We see it, they gotta after 100 hrs of tape. How they knew to widen ends and speed rush under both tackles.