Kyrie asks for a trade | Syracusefan.com

Kyrie asks for a trade

NYCorange

2nd String
Windhorst broke it on ESPN. Offhand, this is the single most shocking development in the NBA in at least a few years, maybe longer given how out of the blue it seems and the fact that he's asking to be traded from the second best team in the league.

Windhorst broke it on ESPN. Offhand, this is the single most shocking development in the NBA in at least a few years, maybe longer given how out of the blue it seems and the fact that he's asking to be traded from the second best team in the league.
Now that's a crossover. WOW

Hello Warriors?

Reported that he's willing to go to New York. That gives NY a partner to trade Anthony too.

Let's be honest if Melo is serious about winning a championship his best bet is to team up with lebron. It doesn't matter if Kyrie is there or not they will still run through the east. Once they are in the finals anything can happen.
ZERO guard play, and no one who could match up with Steph. Warriors would beat that Cleveland team in 3 games.

They could trade that new pg they drafted, with Anthony for Kyrie.

Or Cleveland could sign Rose and hope he's giving them 15-8-5 a night.

Let's be honest if Melo is serious about winning a championship his best bet is to team up with lebron. It doesn't matter if Kyrie is there or not they will still run through the east. Once they are in the finals anything can happen.
And if they don't make the finals, Melo will be the scapegoat. It's not a no-brainer.

As a diehard Cleveland sports fan, my immediate response was...just fuking unreal!

Kyrie undoubtedly is a phenomenal one on one player, but it's a team game. What a joke he is and looks like an utter fool saying he doesn't want to be in Lebron's shadow. Really? You are talking about the best player to ever play the game (in my view) who has taken the Cav's from a joke team three years ago (Kyrie you were the man there then and couldn't make a difference) to instant contender with three straight Finals appearances and one championship. Just look at the Cav's record when Lebron isn't in the lineup, it's putrid. Kyrie in all his fantasy land (the world is flat) delusion and narcissism has been unable to prove he's the man (on the court) when Lebron's not in the lineup. Kyrie has hurt his reputation badly in my opinion.

ZERO guard play, and no one who could match up with Steph. Warriors would beat that Cleveland team in 3 games.
I'm not disagreeing that warriors win the series but he still has a better shot playing with lebron even with zero guard play. They are almost guaranteed to make the finals which is better then he will do anywhere else.

And if they don't make the finals, Melo will be the scapegoat. It's not a no-brainer.
Who cares he's been the ultimate scapegoat in New York so what's the difference, at least he has a real shot playing with lebron. where else can he go, Houston with Paul, Melo, and harden would still lose to golden state so what's the difference, at least with the cavs he could make it to the finals.

A point guard could well want to come to Cleveland to challenge Golden State.

I read it might be Melo plus some 1sts for Kyrie. Could use those picks to trade for a guard.

Still won't beat GS sadly. Lil B f KD youtube.

They could trade that new pg they drafted, with Anthony for Kyrie.

Or Cleveland could sign Rose and hope he's giving them 15-8-5 a night.

Rose doesn't play D. If they're going to have any shot against GS, and Kyrie's firepower to almost cancel out Curry is gone, they'll need a PG who can not get completely torched by Curry.

Gotta think if Kyrie told them a few months ago they could have traded him for CP3

Think there is a 0.0% chance that Melo is the centerpiece of a deal for Kyrie. The age/ability gap is tremendous at this point and he can be shipped anywhere. Boston could definitely put the best package together but can't see those 2 making a trade with each other as the 2 best teams in the east. Could see him being sent to Phoenix for Bledsoe as he is a Klutch Sports guy. Phoenix can add Chandler and Chriss while taking back salary filler like Shumpert/Frye. Seems like that is about the best the Cavs could do to not lose too much this year and add a young lotto ticket.

If Melo for Kyrie happens (I'm sure there would be other spare pieces involved). I think Cleveland then has to deal Love for guard help. I typically don't like teams trading away a stud for a package of 2 or 3 decent to above average players but in this instance I think it could be Cleveland's only play. Particularly with LeBron's future in doubt past next season.

Melo wants to go to Houston to play with Paul and Harden. Much better situation for him and much more stable than Cleveland where everyone knows LeBron is gone after next season. He should veto a trade to Cleveland and force his way to Houston.