L’il OT: Pleaski, Give Me a Breakski NFL et al | Syracusefan.com

L’il OT: Pleaski, Give Me a Breakski NFL et al

CA Monk

I'm Woke, But I'm Very Groggy.
Morning and welcome to “Make my little corner of the world right again.”
Continue reading about my trivial disgruntlement if you dare:

This record inflation is for the birds. TE Kyle Pitts breaks Mike Ditka’s 14 game rookie receiving yardage record in 17 games. Is this a record? It shouldn’t be.
All records, in all sports should be apples to apples prorated.
And all those NBA greats that played w/o a 3pt. shot - yeah they’ve been marginalized.
And this uneven 17 game NFL schedule blows. Too long. Clunky math. Injury enabling. Stupid money grab.
And if there’s no baseball season, there’ll be no sympathy for the sport that will never have another 300 game winner now that starters are pampered so immaculately. Quality start? Go 5-6 innings make $5 million.
And CBS should never, ever have cancelled Hogans Heroes. Big mistake Tiffany network. You didn’t have my back.
Well life moves on, but I haven’t. I like my sports (between the lines at least) Simon pure. Thanks for listening and I’ll hang up now and take any responses off the air.

Wait, the NFL regular season was 17 games this year?
Yup. And they have something dumb called "Super Wild Card Weekend" now, where 12 teams duke it out while 2 others have a bye, bringing the total "playoff" teams to 14, which is basically 44% of the league, thereby making a 17-game regular season 88% meaningless

Yup. And they have something dumb called "Super Wild Card Weekend" now, where 12 teams duke it out while 2 others have a bye, bringing the total "playoff" teams to 14, which is basically 44% of the league, thereby making a 17-game regular season 88% meaningless
I have really not been paying attention.

I have really not been paying attention.
I feel similarly. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’m not paying attention or that events are just overtaking me and passing me bye. Where is Curly Lambeau, George Halas, Paul Brown and Vince Lombardi when you need them?