Ladies and Gentlemen, all hail the Sun Beast! | Syracusefan.com

Ladies and Gentlemen, all hail the Sun Beast!

SU2NASA

All American
This is what the Sun Beast could look like three years from now...

Football...

West
Houston
SMU
San Diego State
Boise State
BYU
UNLV
Fresno State
Tulane

East
UConn
Cincinnati
UCF
USF
East Carolina
Navy
Temple
Memphis

And basketball...
Houston
SMU
UConn
Cincinnati
UCF
USF
Temple
Memphis
and who else?

Dear God, what a dumpster fire. Imagine being a UConn fan...

dumpster-fire.jpg

I don't know why they don't add Army and Air Force.

They need to go to 16 teams, 4 Pods, all sports...limit the amount of cross country travel through the Pods. Essentially become the AAA Farm League to the Big Boy leagues. Those teams in a 16 team all sports league would get by far the best TV money outside the Big 5. Someone like NBC or CBS would take this for their college Network in a heartbeat.

Substitute New Mexico for BYU and I think you've got it. That 16-team FB conference is also the 16-team basketball conference. Travel is minimized by playing primarily division foes.

Yeah, sucks to be UCONN but they could be playing Buffalo, UMASS and Western Michigan in the MAC so they should be counting their blessings.

Football...

West
Houston
SMU
San Diego State
Boise State
BYU
UNLV
Fresno State
Tulane

East
UConn
Cincinnati
UCF
USF
East Carolina
Navy
Temple
Memphis

And basketball...
Houston
SMU
UConn
Cincinnati
UCF
USF
Temple
Memphis
and who else?

dumpster-fire.jpg

No, this is what it will look like 3 years from now...

NOTHING, because most of those teams won't join now that the core of teams are gone and the benefit of joining a BCS conference is gone, and big TV contract money will not be there.

Football...

West
Houston
SMU
San Diego State
Boise State
BYU
UNLV
Fresno State
Tulane

East
UConn
Cincinnati
UCF
USF
East Carolina
Navy
Temple
Memphis

And basketball...
Houston
SMU
UConn
Cincinnati
UCF
USF
Temple
Memphis
and who else?

If I was UCONN, Cincinnati, or Temple, I would be calling the MAC at least for football.

For basketball, maybe they could stick with the "Catholic 7", or Cincinnati to the Missouri Valley and UCONN to the A-10.

The MAC currently has 13 teams... adding Cinci, UCONN, and Temple would get them to the magic 16 number!

not sure why all those schools just don't go back to their previous conferences. Is the travel really worth it at this point?

not sure why all those schools just don't go back to their previous conferences. Is the travel really worth it at this point?

Actually $ wise it is worth it and the travel isn't really that bad when it comes to just football...I believe that Bosie may actually have their travel time cut doing the big east...not sure if it's true but going over the actual miles it may have worked out for them.

As bad as the New New New Big East/West looks, and it's f-ing bad, I think it is still miles better than the smoldering wreckage of the other 4 conferences in the Group of 5.

If they create schedules that emphasize teams in the east and west divisions playing each other to limit cross-country travel, then the cost shouldn't be too bad.

As bad as the New New New Big East/West looks, and it's f-ing bad, I think it is still miles better than the smoldering wreckage of the other 4 conferences in the Group of 5.

If they create schedules that emphasize teams in the east and west divisions playing each other to limit cross-country travel, then the cost shouldn't be too bad.

I think that's true. It's the best they can assemble at this point. The question is basketball and other sports.

I think that's true. It's the best they can assemble at this point. The question is basketball and other sports.

Well, there's a chance that the top 4 of the hoops NNNBE/W (UConn, Temple, Memphis, Cincinnati) is equal or better compared to the top 4 the Catholic 7 (Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, ?). That changes when the C7 becomes the C10 and adds Xavier, Butler, etc.

But obviously its an ugly mish-mosh of a "conference" that many of its members would flee from at a moments notice.

Well, there's a chance that the top 4 of the hoops NNNBE/W (UConn, Temple, Memphis, Cincinnati) is equal or better compared to the top 4 the Catholic 7 (Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, ?). That changes when the C7 becomes the C10 and adds Xavier, Butler, etc.

But obviously its an ugly mish-mosh of a "conference" that many of its members would flee from at a moments notice.

Agreed. Just can't see them spreading out the basketball that far geographically. And any other solution involves more hybrid solutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom