Lakeview Amphitheater | Syracusefan.com

Lakeview Amphitheater

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
Absolutely stunning. People complain about the money that was spent to build it but as someone that has traveled across the state to see concerts I couldn't be happier. There had to be about 15,000 people there tonight and not a bad view in the place. The layout with the view of the lake and the boats lined up along with the perfect angle sitting on the lawn, this venue will outdo SPAC and CMAC without a doubt.

It's about friggin time for Syracuse.

Who'd you see?

By the way, I love SPAC. That's where I grew up going to concerts.

Who'd you see?

By the way, I love SPAC. That's where I grew up going to concerts.
Miranda Lambert who put on a really good show. I knew nothing of her music beyond it being country but because she was booked as the inaugural act for the venue, I wanted to go and see the new place so I got a lawn seat for $35. The view and sound is spectacular. There were about 30 boats drifting in the lake behind the stage, the weather and sunset were perfect. I'm so happy Syracuse finally has their own place for concerts. I love SPAC and CMAC too but the drive sucks.

Pictures look great. How was the sound?

Pictures look great. How was the sound?
sound was incredible, having just been to Darien Lake I can tell you that place doesn't even compare. I was at SPAC in June, the sound from the lawn seats isn't as good as under the roof there, same with CMAC. But the way the Lakeview is designed it's more open so the sound travels better. You can also see the stage from anywhere you sit on the lawn, the hill offers great seating.

The stage has disco balls that drop down and light up the crowd and there are four large screens, one on either side of the stage and 2 on the front of the roof. Seriously, I cannot wait until next year to see who ends up playing here. I'm so excited!

Absolutely stunning. People complain about the money that was spent to build it but as someone that has traveled across the state to see concerts I couldn't be happier. There had to be about 15,000 people there tonight and not a bad view in the place. The layout with the view of the lake and the boats lined up along with the perfect angle sitting on the lawn, this venue will outdo SPAC and CMAC without a doubt.

It's about friggin time for Syracuse.

thank you.

I've been to outdoor shows all over the country and SPAC, bar none, is one of the worst outdoor venues in the Nation to see a show. (I also live in Saratoga)

I knew based on the early pics this place would be a homerun. The new modern day amphitheaters you can see from any lawn seat in the house. I saw some shows at Bethel Woods a few years ago and I don't recall a bad seat in that house and I think it was the same designers.

The only I thing I would have changed is to face the lawn crowd toward the Syracuse skyline. I wonder what factors played into the direction the stage/crowd faced. That's one thing I love about Red Rocks is the Denver Skyline in the background. But pretty minor. This place is cool.

I hope they fill it up with good shows. (that's another thing I hate about SPAC. It's either big country acts or washed up has beens.) These places need to diversify and bring in all the big acts like the Mansfield's of the world do.

interesting to look at these reviews now and in talking to many who have gone recently, they are completely opposite of the ones people i talked with comparing it to the SPAC. parking is horrendous, costs are outrageous. facilities are very limited.

i heard the view of the lake was nice though

Just saw Phish there 10 days or so. Light years better than SPAC. Costs are in line with any other concert venue. Phish will be back. I'm sure of that. There was also plenty of tailgating even though people worried it wouldn't be allowed.

interesting to look at these reviews now and in talking to many who have gone recently, they are completely opposite of the ones people i talked with comparing it to the SPAC. parking is horrendous, costs are outrageous. facilities are very limited.

people have said SPAC is better? theyre out of their minds. what did they see/where did they sit? a pavilion seat is a pavilion seat but lawn seats at SPAC are horrible. there's no room, visibility is nil and the slope is steep.

SPAC charges $15 dollars for a 16oz craft beer.

facilities are limited? what facilities are they looking for?

upperdeck said:
interesting to look at these reviews now and in talking to many who have gone recently, they are completely opposite of the ones people i talked with comparing it to the SPAC. parking is horrendous, costs are outrageous. facilities are very limited. i heard the view of the lake was nice though

The parking situation will be improved next year, as will the restroom set up. Other operational things will improve over the years.

Concessions are not going to get any cheaper. They are comparable to other venues. It's a concert hall, not a local pub.

22 concerts this year, with more next season. Hopefully some arts type things as well. I would list this first year as a success.

the prices are no different than SPAC, they're both run by Live Nation as is CMAC and Darien Lake. Getting out of the parking lot is no fun, they need to fix that somehow. But honestly, have you ever tried to leave a show at one of the other three venues? They're not that much better. Syracuse should have had this type of venue decades ago but I guess some people will always find something to complain about.

Unfortunately the venue has zero control over the parking(State) and the traffic flow leaving (That is entirely up to the US DOT allowing the State Fair Red Light being used).

Traffic backed up on 690 all the way to 81 tonight because of Zac Brown.

Some Greek plays there would be out of site. Or a summer opera/symphony series .

Some Greek plays there would be out of site. Or a summer opera/symphony series .

Mayor: Drebin, I don't want any more trouble like you had last year on the southside. Understand? That's my policy.
Frank: Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar.

Mayor: Drebin, I don't want any more trouble like you had last year on the southside. Understand? That's my policy.
Frank: Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar.
Shake at the Lake . :p

most of the comments I heard last night were issues getting in and getting out. the actual watching the show part was good.

i think the food set up is pretty bad. you cant even tell what any tent has in it until you are first in line so no time to prepare your order and that slowed things down quite a bit.

we parked at the on center a suggested. no signage at all, centro says to park in the garage but it turns out that it doesnt stay open for the return trip to get your car out. people were lined up up trying to get in and some one finally came out and told everyone to park in the open lot. then you have to find your way to the hub. not being from syracuse like most of the people we were wondering around since its a few blocks away and again no signage.

then the bus is parked on a street across from the hub with no clear marking as to what it was. Centro said to go buy tickets inside so thats what we did, but most just walked up to the bus and got on and then had to find $4, no change was made so people were complaining or trying to make change with others. so that part was poorly managed

coming back was a complete cluster. lighting is awful. people were stumbling over plants and stuff laying on the ground falling into the ditches, getting pushed into poles and garbage cans. the walkway could only handle about 25% of the crowd.

the bus situation made no sense. again nothing was clearly marked. people were walking in circles, the staff was sending people in the wrong direction. the Centro Hub had 1 bus running so it was a long wait, then people without tickets were again trying to get on, others were trying to pay. one bus took 25 min just to load. finally they just opened all the doors and ignored the tickets and people just jammed their way on.

once on the bus it was a pretty quick trip, but again there is no signage by the parking to get people going in the right direction and one of the roads is one way but you could only tell by some road paint and people were turning the wrong way onto the road.

from the people i was in line with most are never coming back.

we had to go back to 690 to head west and the line and hour after the show was still huge getting out.

"I want major concerts in Syracuse."

"Oh, wait, but I want that with no traffic and free beer."

Peoples gripes in this town are so absurd. Sports and concerts everywhere in the world price gouge, and when there are thousands of people, there is traffic. It is no different anywhere.

16 years ago I went to my first Darien Lake concert and after leaving the parking lot more than two hours after the show I swore I'd never go back. Until iron maiden came then I HAD to. They definitely improved traffic flow, but my buddy bought an $18 beer. Get over yourself. Deal with the consequences of going to the same place as 15k other people, or stay home.

"I want major concerts in Syracuse."

"Oh, wait, but I want that with no traffic and free beer."

Peoples gripes in this town are so absurd. Sports and concerts everywhere in the world price gouge, and when there are thousands of people, there is traffic. It is no different anywhere.

16 years ago I went to my first Darien Lake concert and after leaving the parking lot more than two hours after the show I swore I'd never go back. Until iron maiden came then I HAD to. They definitely improved traffic flow, but my buddy bought an $18 beer. Get over yourself. Deal with the consequences of going to the same place as 15k other people, or stay home.

I think they have some issues with the logistics but hopefully they will get those sorted out. I think lot of the issues are just common sense and will be improved. The venue is great, they could make some additional improvements such as lighting, signage, paving the walkway, but they will get there. The $30 VIP parking is worth every penny, and now that I know how to navigate it successfully it would be much easier. Getting beers was easy and bathrooms were not a problem

I think they have some issues with the logistics but hopefully they will get those sorted out. I think lot of the issues are just common sense and will be improved. The venue is great, they could make some additional improvements such as lighting, signage, paving the walkway, but they will get there. The $30 VIP parking is worth every penny, and now that I know how to navigate it successfully it would be much easier. Getting beers was easy and bathrooms were not a problem
Obviously, one cannot foresee all problems, but one would think we would be better at anticipating parking/traffic issues. It's amazing to me that in 2016 we can't figure out how to get people to and from venues more efficiently. I'm not talking about Syracuse specifically. It's a problem everywhere.

Obviously, one cannot foresee all problems, but one would think we would be better at anticipating parking/traffic issues. It's amazing to me that in 2016 we can't figure out how to get people to and from venues more efficiently. I'm not talking about Syracuse specifically. It's a problem everywhere.

It takes years to develop and implement traffic procedures for a new venue. It is always one of the last things that gets thought about until the first event happens and the problems present themselves.

It is the ticket holders first and last experience so it makes a huge impression on people. But no matter how much time you spend on it, getting 5000 cars in or out of a parking lot is going to take lots of time.

Again, all things considered, I feel that the first year for the Lakeview Amphitheatre is a success.