Las Vegas sets Syracuse football's over-under win total at 4.5 | Syracusefan.com

Las Vegas sets Syracuse football's over-under win total at 4.5

Free money.
That's what they projected last year, and it was spot on. Vegas does their homework, so this has me concerned. Figured we'd come in at 5.5 at least.

That's what they projected last year, and it was spot on. Vegas does their homework, so this has me concerned. Figured we'd come in at 5.5 at least.
I’d have to imagine a large portion of concern is coming from the WR position. I have faith Dino will have that group ready and next in line behind amba and steve

they don't really do their homework other to set win totals, like they do lines, at what they think bettors will do. its as much perception as anything.

even so we had 4 wins last year and didnt really have any good stuff happen late in any game to get to 5-6 wins.

they don't really do their homework other to set win totals, like they do lines, at what they think bettors will do. its as much perception as anything.

i mean it's the right line. gun to head i'm taking the over but a reasonable person can see a 3 win season also

They’re betting on Dungey getting hurt maybe then.

Thing is, the officers not march out onto the field this season. Tommy is.

dead on. Guessing they didn't have Purdue and Iowa State with more than 3-4 wins last year and those were wrong, Vegas gets it wrong sometimes too, including this time. 6 wins.

I lost money 3 years ago taking the over when the line was 4.5. I thought I was in good shape early.

Yes, last year with that crazy schedule. This year with ED healthy we get 6+. But, again, with ED healthy. Hell, even if TD is summoned , i like 6+.

The 4.5 is based on people bettors that see SU football and its rep the last 10 years, not people that actually follow recruiting and the program. That's where vegas went wrong .

The 4.5 is based on people bettors that see SU football and its rep the last 10 years, not people that actually follow recruiting and the program. That's where vegas went wrong .
Vegas didn't go wrong. This is what Bees is saying above. Vegas isn't in the business of accurately predicting game spreads. Vegas is in the business of making money. They set their spreads, not based on what they actually believe will happen, but on what they believe will draw approximately even betting on either side of the bet. It's all about predicting public perception.

At least that's what sharps like 690West tell me. ;)

Knowing what we know, I like the over. 4 wins would be a failure in my mind

th

Knowing what we know, I like the over. 4 wins would be a failure in my mind
And what exactly do we know?
1. That we have no idea how the top 2 WRs will be replaced.
2. That the LBs will be largely untested.
3. That the same less-than-spectacular RBs are back.
4. We really don't know if the OL is any better.
5. We don't know if DL depth is any better.

Vegas evaluation, AT THIS TIME WITHOUT FURTHER EVIDENCE, is spot on. No answers to these questions probably until game 3 of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom