Last second Army thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Last second Army thoughts

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
To me this game comes down to AJ Baretto (Army's Goalie) vs the Syracuse offense. If Syracuse can be more patient and take higher % shots I think this a game SU can win semi-comfortably and set themselves up nicely for next weeks shoot out with UVA. If SU falls into the same trap they did for the 1st quarter plus against Albany's goalie were going to be in for another rock fight. Baretto is a really good goalie who had 11 saves vs SU last year as a Frosh so I expect him to make a few ridiculous saves. That said SU needs to put itself in good position and ensure they are taking high % shots with varying angles/looks.

We really need the attack group to rebound from last weeks poor performance. Voigt and Solomon especially struggled with 2+ turnovers each. Solomon should again draw the third defender and really needs to take advantage. Mariano needs to continue to play within himself and avoid hero ball which he ended up falling into on a few possession last week that resulted in easy Albany saves. Evans is Evans at this point. Needs to keep playing turnover free, riding hard, and picking his spots. Thought he did a good job last week of not trying to force things and he had a couple nice passes where his teammates just didn't finish. Also would like to see us capitalize more on the man up, I think we were 1-3 last week and looked far from crisp.

Important game for SU with the upcoming schedule, really hope these guys come to play this week especially on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom