Latavius Murray plans recreation, education center in his hometown of Nedrow | Syracusefan.com

Latavius Murray plans recreation, education center in his hometown of Nedrow

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Good on him, if true. FYI - Jason Czarny is the AD at OCS.

279431346_10100822064284011_3843461035980465258_n.jpg

I always found the development of his and Harts careers to be interesting. Hart was the phenom in high school and a stud in college but not able to keep it going in the pros. Murray, although really good, did not have the same high school and college success but has put together a longer and quite solid pro career. Good for him.

I always found the development of his and Harts careers to be interesting. Hart was the phenom in high school and a stud in college but not able to keep it going in the pros. Murray, although really good, did not have the same high school and college success but has put together a longer and quite solid pro career. Good for him.
Yeah, 8 years, 5,500 yards and almost 50 TD’s is nothing to sneeze at. Carved himself out a really solid run.

Was always surprised Marrone told him to kick rocks. But I get it, he was coming off an ACL at the time. He lasted in the league longer than Dougie.

Yeah, 8 years, 5,500 yards and almost 50 TD’s is nothing to sneeze at. Carved himself out a really solid run.

Was always surprised Marrone told him to kick rocks. But I get it, he was coming off an ACL at the time. He lasted in the league longer than Dougie.

Mike's younger brother Chris was also a pretty good player for those OCS teams. They had a nice run for about 4 or 5 years there.

Mike's younger brother Chris was also a pretty good player for those OCS teams. They had a nice run for about 4 or 5 years there.

I went and looked up their record. From 2001 to 2010, they won Sectionals 5 times, made one Semi-Final and won 2 State Championships, in 2001 and 2003.

I’ve been doing some work at OCS lately. For a school that size they have had some amazing alumni. Mike Hart and Latavius Murray stand out as far as athletics, but there have been some pretty notable grads from there. David Muir is one

It seems a lot of teams over looked him or he would've ended up somewhere other than UCF. It's weird how it all works sometimes.

I’ve been doing some work at OCS lately. For a school that size they have had some amazing alumni. Mike Hart and Latavius Murray stand out as far as athletics, but there have been some pretty notable grads from there. David Muir is one

I, of course, am another. :)

Murray’s dad lived in Florida. It was a significant factor in him playing down there.

There must have been what?….. 2 cross country teams in the state back in 76?

How many State Championships have you won?

How many varsity letters did you earn in college?

There must have been what?….. 2 cross country teams in the state back in 76?

BTW, one of the guys on that team was a miler for the University of Houston, and was a college teammate of Carl Lewis, the 9-Time Gold Medalist. He was also the individual Federation state champ in cross country a couple years later.

In all, the top 8 guys on that team all ran in college. That was the first of 7 straight state championship teams in cross country for OCS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom