Latest thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Latest thoughts

Who do you want the most regardless of class

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got a couple of questions:
1. Francis - are you hearing what Jake mentioned above - a first come, first serve thing between Ennis and Jordan?

2. How come the SU offer isn't publicized? A google search on Rysheed shows he recently received a Kansas offer, nothing about SU (and of course no mention of any high interest). The Verbal commits website above doesn't even list Rysheed as an SU interest. What's the motivation or advantage to being discreet?

3. Do you see an expanded first to commit situation involving more point guards? Anthony Barber perhaps? Do you see any others on the upper tier, that might be on the SU summer list?

As I said on the first page. SU has been showing interest in all of those guards that I listed. I was explaining that other options were being explored but according to you(correct me if I'm wrong) the staff should say screw Ennis and just go after Jordan. I thought it would be wrong to burn that bridge and smart of the staff to explore all options, which they're currently doing. It's obvious whoever commits first will definitely close up shop in the PG department for 2013.

As I usually say please do not pay databases from scouting websites any mind. Scout didn't have SU on Jerami Grant's database until September and he had an offer from May lol. Offers are made between coaches n players. While some offers get noted publicly, recruiting services aren't going to have 100% accurate info on all of the recruits and the nearly 400 D1 schools targets. That's why Jake, the folks at the nation of orange, and myself are here for you guys to stay on top of things when it comes to SU recruiting.

We'll see what happens but it's never a good look to offer too many people at one position. Makes you seem desperate and adds more fuel to negative recruiting from others.

FYI, I have a full game of Rysheed Jordan from his recent h.s. season. I'll have my thoughts on him when I watch it.

As I said on the first page. SU has been showing interest in all of those guards that I listed. I was explaining that other options were being explored but according to you(correct me if I'm wrong) the staff should say screw Ennis and just go after Jordan. I thought it would be wrong to burn that bridge and smart of the staff to explore all options, which they're currently doing. It's obvious whoever commits first will definitely close up shop in the PG department for 2013.

As I usually say please do not pay databases from scouting websites any mind. Scout didn't have SU on Jerami Grant's database until September and he had an offer from May lol. Offers are made between coaches n players. While some offers get noted publicly, recruiting services aren't going to have 100% accurate info on all of the recruits and the nearly 400 D1 schools targets. That's why Jake, the folks at the nation of orange, and myself are here for you guys to stay on top of things when it comes to SU recruiting.

We'll see what happens but it's never a good look to offer too many people at one position. Makes you seem desperate and adds more fuel to negative recruiting from others.

FYI, I have a full game of Rysheed Jordan from his recent h.s. season. I'll have my thoughts on him when I watch it.
Thanks for the response. My frustration with the Ennis decision had led me to hope a first come first serve policy would be put in place. Apparently that is happening. I had sensed in the articles that the Ennis camp may now be operating on a higher, more accelerated, level of expectations after the NJ experience and the SU situation is no longer as appealing as it had been.

I thought maybe if someq

Fwiw. I hear we are recruiting Ennis and Jordan. First come, first serve.
Have you heard if Anthony "Cat" Barber was included in this scenario?

He is an East coast kid (VA) with a composite 4.7 rating, with tremendous speed. He seems to be in that same upper tier of pgs and has been scouted by the staff.

Anthony "Cat" Barber said "I am looking for a school where I can play early in my career, but I know I have to work for it. I am looking at schools that have had great point guards and have been successful." SU looks like a good fit for that criteria.

One of Ennis, RJ, or the Cat by the end of summer/early fall, would be fine by me. Do you think that is the staff's view as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom