Lawrence Moten Article | Syracusefan.com

Lawrence Moten Article

44Warrior

Walk On
Last edited:
Have to go with the Big East/ACC Challenge against FSU. Didn't know a ton about Moten as he wasn't the big recruit of that class, but it didn't take long for him to make an impact.

He had an incredible game in the 1994 UConn matchup at the Dome. UConn was 18-1 and ranked #5 and SU won 108-95. I think Moten had 31 points. A similar game to the game the other night.

My favorite memory of Moten isn't a moment, but rather the impact he had on me as a youth basketball player. When Moten was at SU was right around the time I first started playing organized basketball. I just remember so many kids in my leagues that would wear their socks high so they could be just like Poetry. Him and Conrad McRae were the first two basketball players I really remember idolizing as a young kid and I credit them with really piquing my interest in the game.

I still have a white #21 jersey from his senior year, which was the first year they wore those uni's. Loved his game. He was always in the right spots and he moved without the ball really well. He was just real skilled, smart, and played under control. The Tyler Ennis of scoring 2 guards-SF's?

The game winner I remember was a 3 to beat Villanova his senior year. I don't remember any other "game winners" but I remember a ton of big baskets late in close games in his 4 years.

shandeezy7 said:
My favorite memory of Moten isn't a moment, but rather the impact he had on me as a youth basketball player. When Moten was at SU was right around the time I first started playing organized basketball. I just remember so many kids in my leagues that would wear their socks high so they could be just like Poetry. Him and Conrad McRae were the first two basketball players I really remember idolizing as a young kid and I credit them with really piquing my interest in the game.

I still wear high socks on the rare occasion I am able to play

He is the reason I became an Orangemen fan instead of the Redmen like my dad. Also helped me work on my mid range game and sock style.