LAX Action for May 11-12 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 11-12

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

I'd like to pick the Terps, but Towson is a fairly stingy defensive team, it seems like their is too much probability lost from the Terps winning by 1 or 2. I somewhat feel somewhat similar about Syracuse-Loyola, there I lose the 1 goal (any ot game) for Syracuse.

Penn State -6.5
Yale -2.5
Richmond +4.5

Loyola +1

27-27

Last edited:
As I limp into the playoffs with my prognosticating tail between my legs I will endeavor to persevere.
Enough of that.

Yale -2.5
Army +3
Hopkins +1.5

Syracuse -1

28-15 overall

Last edited:
At 27-27, my mediocrity certainly surpasses last year's debacle. Of course, I have the chance to fall below that with the NCAAT.

Towson +2
Hop +1.5
Richmond +4.5
SU -1

Could you guys update your scores when you post, so we know who's doing what.

We are really down to a small group of pickers this week.

After leading 7-0, Yale has let the Hoyas back in the game.

With 7 minutes left in the 3rd, Yale leads 12-9

The worth of both worlds, in my opinion, would be for Yale to win by less than the point spread.

Yale scores 5 goals in the first 4 1/2 minutes of the 4th, taking a 14-11 lead to a 19-11 lead with 10:28 left in the game.

another example of why faceoffs need to be fixed.. a team starts with the ball 27 more times than the other and still only wins by 3.. if faceoffs didnt matter nearly so much yale becomes the 4th best team in the ivy.

4 faceoffs a game and then in OT and no sudden death OT and you start to make it a real solid game.

HT: Penn 7-5 over Army.

Penn's turnovers (10) keeping Army in the game, as they are crushing Army on FO's (12-2)

As I limp into the playoffs with my prognosticating tail between my legs I will endeavor to persevere.
Enough of that.

Yale -2.5
Army +3
Hopkins +1.5

Syracuse -1

28-15 overall
I went 1-2 today. I thought Army would keep it a 2 goal game after the win they had over Loyola last week. Oh well.

HT: UVa 9-5.

The Hoos peppering Bobby Mo with shots (33-13, 19-8 SOG), but their lead isn't larger due to Heger with 10 saves.

another example of why faceoffs need to be fixed.. a team starts with the ball 27 more times than the other and still only wins by 3.. if faceoffs didnt matter nearly so much yale becomes the 4th best team in the ivy.

4 faceoffs a game and then in OT and no sudden death OT and you start to make it a real solid game.

All you have to do is get rid of the pinched heads. Go back to superlight II’s

UVA may have played by far the weakest team in this tourney in Robert Morris. I watched the entire game tonight and RM resembled nothing close to a D1 team. I realize UVA was a 3 seed, but man, how sweet it is to get that gift of a draw in the first round.

UVA may have played by far the weakest team in this tourney in Robert Morris. I watched the entire game tonight and RM resembled nothing close to a D1 team. I realize UVA was a 3 seed, but man, how sweet it is to get that gift of a draw in the first round.
Did RoMo get moved out of the play-in game when UMBC won the AE Tournament or was the AE winner going to be there no matter what? I have less than no idea. You could argue Marist was the weaker team since they stayed in the play-in game and lost to UMBC, who had a losing record going into the tournament.

A portion of why we played RoMo instead of dook is distance. It's bus rides for them to go to C'ville and Richmond to go to Durham. They would have had to fly to Raleigh-Durham. I'm sure that India-noplace loved the idea that the only flight in the 1st Round was JHU to ND.

Did RoMo get moved out of the play-in game when UMBC won the AE Tournament or was the AE winner going to be there no matter what? I have less than no idea. You could argue Marist was the weaker team since they stayed in the play-in game and lost to UMBC, who had a losing record going into the tournament.

A portion of why we played RoMo instead of dook is distance. It's bus rides for them to go to C'ville and Richmond to go to Durham. They would have had to fly to Raleigh-Durham. I'm sure that India-noplace loved the idea that the only flight in the 1st Round was JHU to ND.

The two worst RPI's get the play in game.

Bobby Mo was #31
Marist was #32
UMBC was #58

The two worst RPI's get the play in game.

Bobby Mo was #31
Marist was #32
UMBC was #58
Thanks! I finally found the RPI list. RoMo was going to be outside the play-in game no matter what because Stony Brook had the highest RPI in the AE and they were #38.

Thanks! I finally found the RPI list. RoMo was going to be outside the play-in game no matter what because Stony Brook had the highest RPI in the AE and they were #38.

As I said, logistics or whatever, UVA got a very fortunate draw, not even debatable. And, there's the RPI, and then there's the old fashion eye test. I'll stand by my assessment/opinion that Robert Morris resembled nothing close to a D1 team. They started the season 1-7, and beat pretty much nobody worth a darn in getting to 9-8.

Penn state appears to be beating the spread 23-7 end of 3rd.

PSU wins 25-10.

Syracuse's 28-7 win over Michigan State in 1991 is still the NCAA Tournament record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom