Virginia -1.5

27-23

A lot of revenge games here.
2-2 last week, gets me to 27-23
Penn -4
UMass -2
Notre Dame +1.5
Maryland -2.5

Who are we rooting for or against? For Loyola, Towson, Denver and High Point to win. for JHU, Rutgers and Cornell to lose?

Who are we rooting for or against? For Loyola, Towson, Denver and High Point to win. for JHU, Rutgers and Cornell to lose?

For what it's worth high point currently is around 19th in the RPI. There is a good chance that they would be out of contention with a loss to a team with a very poor RPI like Jacksonville

Denver and High Point are really irrelevant at this point as both need the AQ to get in. So feel free to root for whoever you want in those conf tourneys. That said you do want to root hard for Loyola and Maryland today. Towson is an interesting case. If there going to lose better they lose today then in the champ game to Umass. Cornell losing to Yale on Friday would be a big help as well.

Last edited:
For what it's worth high point currently is around 19th in the RPI. There is a good chance that they would be out of contention with a loss to a team with a very poor RPI like Jacksonville

Yeah it's probably AQ or bust for High Point. They've got 2 really nice wins but would probably need a bunch of things to go their way this weekend if they lose tonight.

Notre Dame, Towson, and Cornell losing would help us get a home game next Sunday.

At this point I think a home game in the 1st round has sailed out of port. Even if ND loses they have the head to head win over SU and would probably get that 8 seed or play in the 8/9 game. Cornell isn't getting a home game unless they win their conf tourney, ditto for Towson and even then I don't think their getting one.

Forgot my picks last week after the UNC debacle and my yearly record is well under .500 but heres my picks for this weekend.

Albany +1.5
Hobart - 1.5
Umass -2
ND +1.5

Denver and High Point are really irrelevant at this point as both need the AQ to get in. So feel free to root for whoever you want in those conf tourneys. That said you dont want to root hard for Loyola and Maryland today. Towson is an interesting case. If there going to lose better they lose today then in the champ game to Umass. Cornell losing to Yale on Friday would be a big help as well.
Jeremy, Do not t understand why we shouldn't be rooting for Maryland and Loyola to win. Both will be in tourney even if they lose and another conference team out of picture right now like Lehigh and Rutgers could win AQ. Is my thinking incorrect ?

Jeremy, Do not t understand why we shouldn't be rooting for Maryland and Loyola to win. Both will be in tourney even if they lose and another conference team out of picture right now like Lehigh and Rutgers could win AQ. Is my thinking incorrect ?

Sorry that was a typo, should have been "you do want to root". Will edit, thanks!

At this point I think a home game in the 1st round has sailed out of port. Even if ND loses they have the head to head win over SU and would probably get that 8 seed or play in the 8/9 game. Cornell isn't getting a home game unless they win their conf tourney, ditto for Towson and even then I don't think their getting one.

If Maryland, right now predicted as the seven seed, losses to Hopkins tonight, would that open the door for SU to host? Imagine they Maryland would still be in, maybe Hopkins gets in because of the win, but SU would still be safe. If that were to happen you would really want Cornell to lose to Yale and Towson to win the Patriot League to be safe.

If Maryland, right now predicted as the seven seed, losses to Hopkins tonight, would that open the door for SU to host? Imagine they Maryland would still be in, maybe Hopkins gets in because of the win, but SU would still be safe. If that were to happen you would really want Cornell to lose to Yale and Towson to win the Patriot League to be safe.

The problem with Maryland losing today is that it makes JHU a lock (not sure there not already in based on the "Hopkins name but thats another discussion) for the tourney and its starts the wheels on the convoluted path that could lead to SU getting left out. A lot of things would have to go wrong for SU to get left out but that would be the opening salvo, better for us to have Maryland win I think. I do agree that a Maryland loss would push them off the hosting line but I would rather JHU get knocked out to be honest.

The problem with Maryland losing today is that it makes JHU a lock (not sure there not already in based on the "Hopkins name but thats another discussion) for the tourney and its starts the wheels on the convoluted path that could lead to SU getting left out. A lot of things would have to go wrong for SU to get left out but that would be the opening salvo, better for us to have Maryland win I think. I do agree that a Maryland loss would push them off the hosting line but I would rather JHU get knocked out to be honest.

Yea, I would think that if Hopkins were to beat UMD, but then lose to PSU in the finals SU would still be ranked above Hopkins. It could work out, but you'd have to hope nothing else happens upset-wise, which is a dangerous proposition. If you were to root for one upset to happen though, it would Hopkins over Maryland. I guess it helps that the Big East is a one bid league this year. But your right, a Hopkins loss would simplify things for the Orange, for better or worse.

and to think the last 4 minutes of UVA and the 2d UNC game might be the difference between hosting and going on the road. Bet the guys would give anything to have those 8 minutes back.

5-2 PSU 5 and change 2nd quarter. Could easily be 7 or 8, Edelman with about 8 saves including a few doorstep

6-2 PSU, Ament is a freeking handful. Rutgers is lucky there not down a lot more

8-2 PSU scored with .5 a second left in the half. RU clearly in massive trouble. Albany tied with Vermont at half

Rutgers getting run, Drexel up 4 entering the 4th after their goalie made an unbelievable save at the end of the 3rd. Albany down 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom