LAX Action for Memorial Day | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Memorial Day

Ok, no SU this weekend which sucks but I'll still do predictions. As much as it pains me, I really think it's a B1G weekend. Maryland and Ohio St just look like the two best teams playing right now.

Maryland 14 Denver 12
I think Baptiste will win the majority of the faceoffs, but he isn't going 21-22 against Maryland. Their guys are too good and their wing play will impact the draw. At the end, I think Maryland has too many good players up and down the field to lose this one. Plus, Tierney has won enough, it's time for John Tillman to climb to the top of the mountain. Love or hate the way his team plays, he has done it the right way. Switched positions in college for the good of the team, worked 12-15 camps a summer for years, started as 2nd assistant at D3 level and climbed his way up. He is second to none, one of the most genuine guys in the sport right now.

Ohio St 9 Towson St 8
Both these teams have very good faceoff guys and I really don't see an advantage for either in that arena. I think Ohio St's offense is balanced enough to take advantage of Towsons close D. You have to attack from the attack and OSU can do that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

It'd be really hard for me to drop $100+ on one ticket for something that used to cost me $12-$15. Greed driving the crowds away.

Anyhow go Towson!!

Either that, or the crowd only came for the main event at 2:30.

Towson goalie with a couple more fantastic saves. OSU goalie keeping them in the game otherwise it'd be blowout city.

Last edited:
Hoy was making all kinds of saves against us. Now he can't save . Thats the difference he has had a poor, poor game.

Ref was awfully quick to waive that last Denver goal off as time expired. I thought it was good. His feet never entered the crease

Ref was awfully quick to waive that last Denver goal off as time expired. I thought it was good. His feet never entered the crease
He voluntarily left his feet & dove while shooting, went air-born, & half his body landed in the crease. The crease violation was absolutely the correct call. It was literally the dictionary definition of a crease violation. Same with Heacock's crease violation moments earlier. The refs got both right.

What I'm still baffled by is how the refs were able to go to video review to count Ohio State's goal in the 4th Quarter but either weren't able to or simply chose not to review Towson's earlier goal that never crossed the goal line. Odd.

Sad thing is, he didn't even have to leave his feet. It actually just made the shot more difficult than it had to be. Only thing I can think is that he thought he'd get the push call from behind but it clearly had no barring on him willingly leaving his feet.

Sad thing is, he didn't even have to leave his feet. It actually just made the shot more difficult than it had to be. Only thing I can think is that he thought he'd get the push call from behind but it clearly had no barring on him willingly leaving his feet.

He had a full head of steam.

Should have pulled up.

Any chance both these teams could lose on Monday?

I hate Ohio State. I've got Michigan connections and I hate Ohio State. I hope they win on Monday, and extend the 40 years since Maryland has last won a championship. That's how much I hate Maryland.

Any chance both these teams could lose on Monday?

I hate Ohio State. I've got Michigan connections and I hate Ohio State. I hope they win on Monday, and extend the 40 years since Maryland has last won a championship. That's how much I hate Maryland.
C'mon asteroid!!

The double whammy. No Orange in the final four and an all B1G final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom