LAX Conference Expansion | Syracusefan.com

LAX Conference Expansion

FPIWngjWQAUlqCq

FPIWngfXwAEL1Z4

I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, but I hate being in a conference that doesn't have an AQ. Feels like it's not really a "conference".

Someone in the conference better get their act together and go D1, or the ACC has to allow associate members. There has to be a bottom feeder willing to take beatings year in and year out just to "belong" to the ACC.

I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, but I hate being in a conference that doesn't have an AQ. Feels like it's not really a "conference".

Someone in the conference better get their act together and go D1, or the ACC has to allow associate members. There has to be a bottom feeder willing to take beatings year in and year out just to "belong" to the ACC.

Should have grabbed Hopkins.

Unlikely to change anytime soon. ACC is not interested in an associate member and despite a yearly article saying differently no ACC school is remotely close to adding Lax at this time. FSU is a long shot at best.

Should have grabbed Hopkins.
I wonder if Army and Navy would join, if given the chance?

Can’t believe they have major rivalries in lacrosse in the Patriot with anyone other than themselves.

Devastation for the NEC, even if they add another team not sure you can justify giving that group of schools an auto bid. Hobart to the A-10 is odd, St. Joes going to makes some sense but man that's an odd group.

AE getting Bryant is a nice little coup despite them underachieving this year. Surprised Hobart couldn't have gotten in there as well, makes a lot more sense. MAAC and NEC should combine forces at this point, man that is a bunch of really bad teams.

I wonder if Army and Navy would join, if given the chance?

Can’t believe they have major rivalries in lacrosse in the Patriot with anyone other than themselves.

Unlikely, Navy if they left would join the Big East. Don't believe there's much clamor for Army from the southern schools. Amry and Navy have pretty good rivalries with Loyola and Lehigh plus themselves as you noted, can't seem them leaving anytime soon.

Unlikely, Navy if they left would join the Big East. Don't believe there's much clamor for Army from the southern schools. Amry and Navy have pretty good rivalries with Loyola and Lehigh plus themselves as you noted, can't seem them leaving anytime soon.
We will see. The ACC can offer them a lot more exposure for their teams and a markedly better level of competition. They might value that. I am sure their alums would.

I have more concerns over the ACC mindset and if they would ever be willing to do this. To my knowledge, they have no associate members today and I am not aware of any associate members in any sport in the past either.

We will see. The ACC can offer them a lot more exposure for their teams and a markedly better level of competition. They might value that. I am sure their alums would.

I have more concerns over the ACC mindset and if they would ever be willing to do this. To my knowledge, they have no associate members today and I am not aware of any associate members in any sport in the past either.

Your second paragraph is the real crux of the issue, ACC isn't offering associate memberships anytime soon.

Unlikely to change anytime soon. ACC is not interested in an associate member and despite a yearly article saying differently no ACC school is remotely close to adding Lax at this time. FSU is a long shot at best.
Yeah, I know. Just expressing my displeasure with the status quo.

given their status, i really don't understand why anyone cares about this. i give 2 figs.

I know there are hurdles with Title IX, but it boggles the mind that there isn't a current ACC member that can't find a way to make it happen. Anyone know who in the MCLA would be best positioned?

Now that Utah is getting more competitive, they would seem like an interesting associate member for the ACC.

Maybe I'm crazy ... but Maryland would be the best choice. They bring football, basketball and lax to the ACC. Even though travel costs would be lower, I suspect it isn't financially attractive enough. Was money that good to make the move to the Big 10

The Big10 and SEC are giving the remaining P5 conferences the Google, Facebook, Microsoft treatment. They are outspending everyone on facilities, coaches and NIL. It might be a two horse race in major college sports in 5 to 10 years if the other P5 conferences don’t pull magic from a hat soon.
With a 50 million dollar difference in income, the ACC is going to come unglued. ACC commissioner doesn't have any ideas to change the trendline.

The Big10 and SEC are giving the remaining P5 conferences the Google, Facebook, Microsoft treatment. They are outspending everyone on facilities, coaches and NIL. It might be a two horse race in major college sports in 5 to 10 years if the other P5 conferences don’t pull magic from a hat soon.
Unfortunately, there's no magic to be pulled for the ACC because their current (craptastic) deal with ESPN is through 2036.

Only way that deal gets revised is adding a member (or an existing member rolls the dice challenging the Grant of Rights and leaves).

Notre Dame football is the only asset worth adding that would greatly improve the ACC's broadcast deal.

And they're not joining, ever.

Especially once the college football playoffs expand and gives ND an easier path to getting waxed by (insert SEC team name here).

I know there are hurdles with Title IX, but it boggles the mind that there isn't a current ACC member that can't find a way to make it happen. Anyone know who in the MCLA would be best positioned?
Georgia Tech. Their MCLA team has been to a bunch of Final 4s.

I don't understand what gives with them. As a STEM school they have Title IX room (as does NC State) and lacrosse is an official championship sport for Georgia high schools. I guess it's a money issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom